The *OFFICIAL* FSCE woodpile thread!

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah, that will be on my list. I really can't think of much until this arm is better. 

I would like a chipper. I looked at a Bandit one time. 6"  chipper, $11,000.00. 

That's too much to tie-up for my limited use. I have a big brush pile that I could burn. Town has real restrictive burn laws now, so that may not even be an option. 

I don't need a big chipper, just 3" chipper, because I cut and stack anything over to sell, except pine. 

I hired a tree company to chip up a big pile of brush one time, it was like $150 if I remember correctly. Took them less than a half hour. 

I thought that was pretty reasonable and it saved me a ton of work. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I hired a tree company to chip up a big pile of brush one time, it was like $150 if I remember correctly. Took them less than a half hour. 

That's 149.99 over his budget 

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

At that price, it doesn't pay to buy a chipper. Around here some fukkers won't even take a job for less than $500.00. 

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

At that price, it doesn't pay to buy a chipper. Around here some fukkers won't even take a job for less than $500.00. 

That was close to 10 years ago too. 

Home depot rents 6" chippers for less than $300 a day, I would have gone that route if they wanted 500

7 minutes ago, The One said:

Says the CUM SALMON 

I ain't no cum salmon, just 'cause you say so. I say you're the " SITE-FAG " 'cause you are 800 Dragon, and it was voted 8 years ago on FS.1!!!! You were VOTED SITE FAG!!!!!!  800 is the SITE FAG!!!

14 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That was close to 10 years ago too. 

Home depot rents 6" chippers for less than $300 a day, I would have gone that route if they wanted 500

Yes, but the problem is my piles are too big. I have a guy that has a mini-excavator with a thumb, and we are gonna rent a chipper, and he will feed them in with the mini.

I had a guy about ten years ago that came with a cherry picker, a chipper, chipper truck, and TWO workers. I had seven piles of branches. It took him 3 1/2 hours to do them all.................$1200.00 cash. 

Wouldn't give me a receipt. Kind of a punk, but he was good with that cherry picker. 

I actually called him a few years ago, but some how we didn't connect or weather or somethin' 'cause he didn't do the job. A lot of those guys are not stable some times.  

Burning is a fukkin pain in the ass. Takes all day, smoke, complaints...bullshit. 

18 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, but the problem is my piles are too big. I have a guy that has a mini-excavator with a thumb, and we are gonna rent a chipper, and he will feed them in with the mini.

I had a guy about ten years ago that came with a cherry picker, a chipper, chipper truck, and TWO workers. I had seven piles of branches. It took him 3 1/2 hours to do them all.................$1200.00 cash. 

Wouldn't give me a receipt. Kind of a punk, but he was good with that cherry picker. 

I actually called him a few years ago, but some how we didn't connect or weather or somethin' 'cause he didn't do the job. A lot of those guys are not stable some times.  

Burning is a fukkin pain in the ass. Takes all day, smoke, complaints...bullshit. 

You have a couple acres right?  I have 0.6 acres with tree line on both sides, on gloomy days like today I'll have the fire pit going all day long burning brush and cardboard.  Only had one complaint, I burn 2 couches LOL.  Out in the sticks when people see all that black smoke they instantly think someones house is burning down.  They should mind they're own damn business.

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't let the piles get out of hand anymore, i picked up a 3" bearcat chipper a few years ago at a tag sale to keep everything cleaned up. I mostly shred up leaves for the compost pile unless i trim the bushes on the fence line.

20200912_130100.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

You have a couple acres right?  I have 0.6 acres with tree line on both sides, on gloomy days like today I'll have the fire pit going all day long burning brush and cardboard.  Only had one complaint, I burn 2 couches LOL.  Out in the sticks when people see all that black smoke they instantly think someones house is burning down.  They should mind they're own damn business.

I have many acres. Unfortunately for me, I'm on a very busy road, and our place is out in the open, which makes it a bad spot to burn brush. 

Once I have the guy come in with the MINI EX, and we finish that pile, I will get a small chipper myself, and just do them as I need to. 

I think for about $800, I can get one that will do what I need.  

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't let the piles get out of hand anymore, i picked up a 3" bearcat chipper a few years ago at a tag sale to keep everything cleaned up. I mostly shred up leaves for the compost pile unless i trim the bushes on the fence line.

20200912_130100.jpg

That's the way to go. Chip and shred everything. Burning is passe'....no good nowadays.........smoke complaints...etc.

I just have to find one that will chip 3" or less. Over 3", I'll sell them!!!!!   

I think DR has one that might work. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

I ain't no cum salmon, just 'cause you say so. I say you're the " SITE-FAG " 'cause you are 800 Dragon, and it was voted 8 years ago on FS.1!!!! You were VOTED SITE FAG!!!!!!  800 is the SITE FAG!!!

Wrong lmmfao totally wrong !!!

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

This one burned well at the camp last weekend

IMG_20200831_141222.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

That's the way to go. Chip and shred everything. Burning is passe'....no good nowadays.........smoke complaints...etc.

I just have to find one that will chip 3" or less. Over 3", I'll sell them!!!!!   

I think DR has one that might work. 

Have you ever ran a chipper ? Tons of vibration. If your arm is sore now, after running a chipper for a day, Guaranteed, it will never heel again.

Get everything ready, and hire it done. Look after the arm, and go get surgery, to get it to heal properly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Have you ever ran a chipper ? Tons of vibration. If your arm is sore now, after running a chipper for a day, Guaranteed, it will never heel again.

Get everything ready, and hire it done. Look after the arm, and go get surgery, to get it to heal properly. 

Get one that goes on a tractor. Awesome.

• Like 1