Do police target blacks NO

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes they do....you’d have to be dumb as fuck to think they didn’t 

they target blacks why? 

you know why .

I don't think they actually target all blacks but they deff profile everyone .

• Platinum Contributing Member

I lived in Grosse Pte. Farms in the early 90’s and it borders Detroit...The Farms was and maybe still is home to The Fords and it was pretty much common knowledge that any black dudes that crossed Alter Road were getting pulled over.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You think there is no drug use in rich white suburbia??  

that's a big one. Stats show drug use is extremely high among rich, white suburban young adults when compared to inner cities but the incarceration rate is off the charts in one direction. I wonder why? 

Just now, frenchy said:

that's a big one. Stats show drug use is extremely high among rich, white suburban young adults when compared to inner cities but the incarceration rate is off the charts in one direction. I wonder why? 

Because it’s easy to arrest the black kid shooting up in a phone booth and tough to arrest the white kid who’s Dad is the assistant DA

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You think there is no drug use in rich white suburbia??  

Come on Ben there isn't 1/100th the violence and you know it.

Communities want police where there is violence.   Where the police have a higher presence then of course they will have increased contact with certain groups.

I have zero doubt that there is racial profiling going on in PD's across the country but lets be clear, right or wrong....when you look at crime statistic's there is a reason behind it. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they target high crime locations,  they profile blacks.      Rural white crime is spread out so they are not going to be "targeted"  

But I would add, that even in rural white areas they patrol in the areas that tend to have the crime.   Trailer parks, bar's, gas stations.   Its only logical.

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Come on Ben there isn't 1/100th the violence and you know it.

Communities want police where there is violence.   Where the police have a higher presence then of course they will have increased contact with certain groups.

I have zero doubt that there is racial profiling going on in PD's across the country but lets be clear, right or wrong....when you look at crime statistic's there is a reason behind it. 

The only reason blacks are targeted is because they are in highly concentrated poor areas and they are easy targets. 

Just now, f7ben said:

The only reason blacks are targeted is because they are in highly concentrated poor areas and they are easy targets. 

No they are in high crime area's which unfortunately follow income levels no matter the race. 

You do understand most people in these communities want more police?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I lived in Grosse Pte. Farms in the early 90’s and it borders Detroit...The Farms was and maybe still is home to The Fords and it was pretty much common knowledge that any black dudes that crossed Alter Road were getting pulled over.

Myth!!! I live 15 minutes from this area. Everything people like Jimmy say about these areas is a lie!!! 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No they are in high crime area's which unfortunately follow income levels no matter the race. 

You do understand most people in these communities want more police?

my brother is in the second worst precinct in detroit. The residents love the police as they are targeted by criminals all day everyday. Crime in his area is almost 100% committed by blacks. 

8 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Myth!!! I live 15 minutes from this area. Everything people like Jimmy say about these areas is a lie!!! 

my brother is in the second worst precinct in detroit. The residents love the police as they are targeted by criminals all day everyday. Crime in his area is almost 100% committed by blacks. 

Acknowledging true crime statistics does not make someone a racist.  

Reality is crime dropped after the 94 crime bill because we kept hard core repeat offenders in prison.   Now I'm not saying there weren't parts of that bill that were not bad but the reality is a significant portion of crime is repeat offenders.   We need to keep people committing serious felonies put away.   

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Acknowledging true crime statistics does not make someone a racist.  

Reality is crime dropped after the 94 crime bill because we kept hard core repeat offenders in prison.   Now I'm not saying there weren't parts of that bill that were not bad but the reality is a significant portion of crime is repeat offenders.   We need to keep people committing serious felonies put away.   

We also need to acknowledge how systemic discrimination played a hand in creating these situations ....without that there is no sense it trying to correct anything

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We also need to acknowledge how systemic discrimination played a hand in creating these situations ....without that there is no sense it trying to correct anything

I can agree that govt policies of the mid 60's and early 70's led to the decline of the AA family which did much more damage than systemic discrimination has.   If fact one could say those policies have contributed to the discrimination.  I do not feel today systemic discrimination is significant at all.  

Edited by Highmark