We got pounded

• Platinum Contributing Member

We had lots of trees down and power outages here and a few inches of rain...nothing compared to Sandy.

My place an hour away in Pa. did not fare as well....they said they had 8 inches of rain in 3 or 4 hours. Took out my foundation and pushed cinder blocks into basement.....place is on verge of collapse . Waiting for insurance adjuster, really nervous wondering if this will be covered. Not in a flood zone but may not cover flood damage. 

yjj.jpg

hhg.jpg

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

We had some bad storms roll through northern WI a year ago. Straight line winds as high as 130 mph and we were at the cottage when it happened, it was unreal. Power was out for 6 days. 
43DFCEF0-08D9-4EFD-A611-627701C0FAAE.thumb.jpeg.f90c4fb62a85b6d4c37e3c5e7bfb92de.jpegF937DEEB-A670-4B25-B5AA-8BEFB7CAEBF7.thumb.jpeg.fe4057c8004ec88c6d9d3dc526be03ac.jpegA66A8825-049F-4984-9135-DF090716B93D.thumb.jpeg.ff42b3ef6a7fe50b960e1774de206a04.jpeg338C9AE8-5B2F-4E82-8FD1-D547E7512327.thumb.jpeg.84b19aaae7b33f105b5df09f39b8eab2.jpeg

Damn!

I hate storms her, we are facing due west so storms come at us from nw or sw off the lake. We"ve seen some bad ones over the years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Maybe if you didn't have weak noodly t-rex arms you wouldn't be so sore you greasy new hamptard!

Wut, you think that's funny????  

22 hours ago, ckf said:

Damn, we got off easy. We only got about a half inch of rain without much wind.

same here , took a ride up the driveway before the wife left to make sure she could get out and was surprised there was nothing blocking it.

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

We had lots of trees down and power outages here and a few inches of rain...nothing compared to Sandy.

My place an hour away in Pa. did not fare as well....they said they had 8 inches of rain in 3 or 4 hours. Took out my foundation and pushed cinder blocks into basement.....place is on verge of collapse . Waiting for insurance adjuster, really nervous wondering if this will be covered. Not in a flood zone but may not cover flood damage. 

yjj.jpg

hhg.jpg

Damn guy, that sucks.  I hope insurance works out for ya and you don't have to battle them.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn guy, that sucks.  I hope insurance works out for ya and you don't have to battle them.

Thanks....hoping for the best but fearing the worst on insurance coverage. They have been inundated with claims in the area and still haven't been to my place yet.  

Here is a pic of the basement....Pool anyone?   So much dirt,blocks and debris everywhere. Just bought the place a little over a year ago and fortunately hadn't had a chance to finish the basement ...so there really wasnt much down there to get destroyed. Still had many bins I didn't even unpack yet. Pool table was left by previous owners. It's a modular with lots of steel reinforcement....so hopefully remains stable enough while waiting for repair.

20200806_142648.jpg

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Thanks....hoping for the best but fearing the worst on insurance coverage. They have been inundated with claims in the area and still haven't been to my place yet.  

Here is a pic of the basement....Pool anyone?   So much dirt,blocks and debris everywhere. Just bought the place a little over a year ago and fortunately hadn't had a chance to finish the basement ...so there really wasnt much down there to get destroyed. Still had many bins I didn't even unpack yet. Pool table was left by previous owners. It's a modular with lots of steel reinforcement....so hopefully remains stable enough while waiting for repair.

20200806_142648.jpg

Jesus.  

On 8/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, ckf said:

It should be mostly sand in that area. I lived on that lake for over 25 years and I don't recall a boat ever flip over on it's mooring.

it musta sprung a leak in one tune??