Top Federal Reserve official says US needs another lockdown to save economy

• Platinum Contributing Member

What a fucking idiot.   We did a lockdown....it didn't work nor will another one or another one or another on. 

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/510235-top-federal-reserve-official-says-us-needs-another-lockdown-to-save-economy

The government should again impose strict coronavirus-related lockdowns for a month or longer across the U.S. in order to boost the economy, a top Federal Reserve official said Sunday. 

Neel Kashkari, president of the Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank, said the nation needs to control the spread of the virus, which is increasing across much of the country, to get back on a path to economic health. 

“That's the only way we're really going to have a real robust economic recovery. Otherwise, we're going to have flare-ups, lockdowns and a very halting recovery with many more job losses and many more bankruptcies for an extended period of time unfortunately,” Kashkari said on CBS’s “Face the Nation." 

too late they had the chance to do this right and do it once but the admin failed to lead. Month of full shutdown followed by mandatory mask wear would have been far less damaging in the long run than what we have experienced.    

TBH the states giving in now over the PR of test results is fucking batshit,  we already fucked the economy up for 3 months longer than necessary.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

too late they had the chance to do this right and do it once but the admin failed to lead. Month of full shutdown followed by mandatory mask wear would have been far less damaging in the long run than what we have experienced.    

TBH the states giving in now over the PR of test results is fucking batshit,  we already fucked the economy up for 3 months longer than necessary.  

If we are really to believe this started with 1 person in China the flare ups will just happen over and over again.   The mere fact that the vast, vast majority of people are asymptomatic shows there is now way of stopping its spread when things open back up.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If we are really to believe this started with 1 person in China the flare ups will just happen over and over again.   The mere fact that the vast, vast majority of people are asymptomatic shows there is now way of stopping its spread when things open back up.  

Correct. Sweden got it right. Science FTW 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

true lockdown would have allowed that to peter out like it has in many other countries.  From that point on you could go lockdown in small areas if needed.  Your never going to chase it away completely,  I've been  OK from day 1 of just keep going as normal but if we aren't willing to do that then the half ass measures just prolong things.  I'm a borderline risk being a fat almost 50 year old but if it was my time it was my time.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

true lockdown would have allowed that to peter out like it has in many other countries.  From that point on you could go lockdown in small areas if needed.  Your never going to chase it away completely,  I've been  OK from day 1 of just keep going as normal but if we aren't willing to do that then the half ass measures just prolong things.  I'm a borderline risk being a fat almost 50 year old but if it was my time it was my time.  

Define true lock down?   Many states did do pretty dramatic lock downs.   Some countries did very well with no lock downs. 

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Define true lock down?   Many states did do pretty dramatic lock downs.   Some countries did very well with no lock downs. 

all states needed to do a hard lockdown back then.  Not all sorts of different rules from place to place going in at different times.  

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Mass going backwards now. stage 3 reopening cancelled, Scaled back to stage 2

I didn't think they made the final decision on that.  As MA goes so do we as the cross border spreads inevitable.    

Americans are fukkin scums. Handled wrong from day one, and continues to be handled by an imp of a guy Fauci. 

Trump fukkin sucked on this. I'd still vote for him over Biden, but he fukkin sucked.

We needed a powerful bastard like myself to call for a, NATIONWIDE LOCK-DOWN, MANDATORY MASK WEARING , 

Dr. Brix and her big dresses and scarves, and little Tony can't handle this. 

This is the time for brutal, dictatorial rules barring ANY close activity. 

Wanna go to a bar? I'll let ya go to a fukkin bar, and on the way out a National Guardsman is gonna break your fukkin collar bone with a 48" riot baton. 

Fuck Americans and fuck their freedom!! Motherfukkers, stupid motherfukkers!!!

Bastard fukkin people in this country. I've said it for YEARS, and I continue to say it.

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

all states needed to do a hard lockdown back then.  Not all sorts of different rules from place to place going in at different times.  

Again define hard lockdown?   Everything but essential business'?

But Polly J. Price, a professor of law and public health at Emory University, tells NPR: "If you're talking about quarantine in terms of encouraging people to stay home or closing businesses — and that's what public health folks talk about as social distancing measures, really — I think from the White House that can be advisory only and that those are exclusively state powers."

It's no wonder so many American cunts don't worry about covid...............we had the fukkin president saying it was nothing and would go away when it warmed-up!!!! 

FUCKING ASSHOLE, GODDAMNED FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!  

46 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

It's no wonder so many American cunts don't worry about covid...............we had the fukkin president saying it was nothing and would go away when it warmed-up!!!! 

FUCKING ASSHOLE, GODDAMNED FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!  

Oh for fucks sake relax. It only kills people over 72 yrs old.

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again define hard lockdown?   Everything but essential business'?

But Polly J. Price, a professor of law and public health at Emory University, tells NPR: "If you're talking about quarantine in terms of encouraging people to stay home or closing businesses — and that's what public health folks talk about as social distancing measures, really — I think from the White House that can be advisory only and that those are exclusively state powers."

strong leader would have sold those lockdowns to the states.  Funny thing is most of the liberal stated had harder lock downs than the Pub ones where his voice should have mattered more.  He failed to lead on the issue,  everything from day 1 was wishy washy.  It could very well be what costs him the election even though the virus wasn't his fault.  30 days of excruciating pain vs 6 months of severe pain.  

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Oh for fucks sake relax. It only kills people over 72 yrs old.

and really what loss is that to America :dunno: 

look at the problem it solves,   real estate inventory,  medicare costs,  SS 

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

strong leader would have sold those lockdowns to the states.  Funny thing is most of the liberal stated had harder lock downs than the Pub ones where his voice should have mattered more.  He failed to lead on the issue,  everything from day 1 was wishy washy.  It could very well be what costs him the election even though the virus wasn't his fault.  30 days of excruciating pain vs 6 months of severe pain.  

Again define hard lock down. 

Those so called liberal states had mortality rates of the infected as much as 5x's higher than so called conservative states.   Explain that one?   

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Americans are fukkin scums. Handled wrong from day one, and continues to be handled by an imp of a guy Fauci. 

Trump fukkin sucked on this. I'd still vote for him over Biden, but he fukkin sucked.

We needed a powerful bastard like myself to call for a, NATIONWIDE LOCK-DOWN, MANDATORY MASK WEARING , 

Dr. Brix and her big dresses and scarves, and little Tony can't handle this. 

This is the time for brutal, dictatorial rules barring ANY close activity. 

Wanna go to a bar? I'll let ya go to a fukkin bar, and on the way out a National Guardsman is gonna break your fukkin collar bone with a 48" riot baton. 

Fuck Americans and fuck their freedom!! Motherfukkers, stupid motherfukkers!!!

Bastard fukkin people in this country. I've said it for YEARS, and I continue to say it.

:lol:

Fuck the masks. You could put a pear of 800 Dragons panties on for a mask & go out. The whole thing is dumb.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

What a fucking idiot.   We did a lockdown....it didn't work nor will another one or another one or another on. 

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/510235-top-federal-reserve-official-says-us-needs-another-lockdown-to-save-economy

The government should again impose strict coronavirus-related lockdowns for a month or longer across the U.S. in order to boost the economy, a top Federal Reserve official said Sunday. 

Neel Kashkari, president of the Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank, said the nation needs to control the spread of the virus, which is increasing across much of the country, to get back on a path to economic health. 

“That's the only way we're really going to have a real robust economic recovery. Otherwise, we're going to have flare-ups, lockdowns and a very halting recovery with many more job losses and many more bankruptcies for an extended period of time unfortunately,” Kashkari said on CBS’s “Face the Nation." 

Oh for Cripes sakes were you sleeping for months? The entire country didn’t shut down. If it did in February it would be over. But Trump is a stupid fuck and is responsible for tens of thousands of American deaths.

• Like 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

Oh for Cripes sakes were you sleeping for months? The entire country didn’t shut down. If it did in February it would be over. But Trump is a stupid fuck and is responsible for tens of thousands of American deaths.

Was our CDC calling for a shutdown in February dumbass?   Nobody was.   In fact liberal politicians were persuading people to go out into large groups and gatherings. 

March 8th. 

55 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again define hard lock down. 

Those so called liberal states had mortality rates of the infected as much as 5x's higher than so called conservative states.   Explain that one?   

shut down of all non essential business,  mandatory masks,  contact tracing.    NYC/northern NJ had the most deaths which is to be expected where everyone is packed on top of each other.  the hit or miss rules just let it float around.   Or as I said,  just stay open and let the chips fall where they may which end of the day would have been the best economically. Ration the healthcare to those who are contributors and let those who are older or sick die.  america doesn't have the stomach for that.   

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

shut down of all non essential business,  mandatory masks,  contact tracing.    NYC/northern NJ had the most deaths which is to be expected where everyone is packed on top of each other.  the hit or miss rules just let it float around.   Or as I said,  just stay open and let the chips fall where they may which end of the day would have been the best economically. Ration the healthcare to those who are contributors and let those who are older or sick die.  america doesn't have the stomach for that.   

NY/NJ infection rate can be expected but not the difference in death rate.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

You can type thousands of words and he won’t get it.

Majority support new two-week national stay-at-home order?

A majority of U.S. adults supports a mandatory two-week shelter-at-home order nationwide to slow the spread of coronavirus, a new poll finds. 

The NPR-Ipsos survey finds that 59 percent of respondents would back a national stay-at-home order, indicating that many Americans are willing to embrace drastic steps to help get the virus under control. Thirty-six percent would oppose such an order. 

Fifty-five percent would support a ban on all travel between states, according to the poll, with 39 percent opposed. 

Hundreds of public health experts have signed an open letter calling for a new nationwide shutdown, writing, "Shut it down now, and start over." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-majority-support-new-two-week-national-stay-at-home-order/ar-BB17yZb5?li=BBnb7Kz