My good buddies dad

I knew Marty a bit but hadn’t seen him in quite a few years....actually probably the last time was Garrets wedding. I was best man and Marty never did quite approve of our drinking lol ...he was a recovering alcoholic who had found Jesus

Just now, frenchy said:

what was the deal? Age? Health? Pre-existing conditions? 

Late 60s and had heart trouble although that was several years ago and he was doing pretty well the last few years. He and his wife both caught it from their church in Colorado. They both ended up hospitalized. His wife recovered but Marty ended up on a vent and died. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Late 60s and had heart trouble although that was several years ago and he was doing pretty well the last few years. He and his wife both caught it from their church in Colorado. They both ended up hospitalized. His wife recovered but Marty ended up on a vent and died. 

bummer. that's a serious at risk demographic....

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Died from the Covid today. Bummer

We had a family member die from it. She had underlying health issues and when Whitmer forced her nursing home to take multiple covid19 infected seniors she caught it and never recovered. 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Makes you wonder about the vents.?

Had a buddy's dad die from it a couple of months ago.  He was 82 and went from riding a bike everyday less than 2 years ago to almost confined to a wheelchair.

I asked my buddy what his underlying condition was, he said there wasn't any.  OK.

Sad regardless.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Had a buddy's dad die from it a couple of months ago.  He was 82 and went from riding a bike everyday less than 2 years ago to almost confined to a wheelchair.

I asked my buddy what his underlying condition was, he said there wasn't any.  OK.

Sad regardless.  

So odd how it affects people differently.   Brothers father in law is 75, 2 time colon cancer survivor and not a picture of health by any means.   Barely had a symptom.

Sorry for your friends loss Ben. 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So odd how it affects people differently.   Brothers father in law is 75, 2 time colon cancer survivor and not a picture of health by any means.   Barely had a symptom.

Sorry for your friends loss Ben. 

I’m still shocked they haven’t come up with some correlation between those impacted severely. It’s amazing the wide range of results from contracting this. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m still shocked they haven’t come up with some correlation between those impacted severely. It’s amazing the wide range of results from contracting this. 

Agreed.   If you look at things around the world 1 + 1 doesn't add up to 2 with this.   Why does NYC have 5x's the mortality rate of Texas, Arizona and Florida?