Differences in delivery services.

Prime delivery sucks balls.  Anyone but them.  they can't deliver a package right more than half a time in a business.  My package today was just thrown in the lobby.  Mind you big signs at the entrance state to use delivery entrance and they just pick random doors to leave them outside of instead of that.  

Miss my regular UPS guy,  his rout was so big they are giving parts to others.  Post office is fine on delivery.  

Shipping out with the post office kinda sucks if you want to do volume.  We have mailed 3200 packages over the last 3 1/2 months to employees and they act like your putting them out when you pull up 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Prime delivery sucks balls.  Anyone but them.  they can't deliver a package right more than half a time in a business.  My package today was just thrown in the lobby.  Mind you big signs at the entrance state to use delivery entrance and they just pick random doors to leave them outside of instead of that.  

Miss my regular UPS guy,  his rout was so big they are giving parts to others.  Post office is fine on delivery.  

Shipping out with the post office kinda sucks if you want to do volume.  We have mailed 3200 packages over the last 3 1/2 months to employees and they act like your putting them out when you pull up 

We would welcome that.

I have not had a single claim in over 5 years.

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Zero experience with Amazon delivery. It’s either USPS or fedex. Both are on dope 

The Amazon guys are all over the board.  Some in Amazon trucks, some in rented Hertz vans, some in private autos.  It can be dropped anywhere from the mailbox to the front stoop and online it will say "Delivered directly to occupant".

USPS, stuff it in the mailbox no matter the size.  Also the house before or after mine qualifies as delivered.

UPS, backs up in the driveway and literally sprints to the door.  Always on the stoop and always behind the pillar.

Fed Ex, few and far between.  Sloooww ground service but delivered on the stoop.

8 minutes ago, F3600 said:

The Amazon guys are all over the board.  Some in Amazon trucks, some in rented Hertz vans, some in private autos.  It can be dropped anywhere from the mailbox to the front stoop and online it will say "Delivered directly to occupant".

USPS, stuff it in the mailbox no matter the size.  Also the house before or after mine qualifies as delivered.

UPS, backs up in the driveway and literally sprints to the door.  Always on the stoop and always behind the pillar.

Fed Ex, few and far between.  Sloooww ground service but delivered on the stoop.

I have used some of the same spots on my route for 20 solid years. Don't know if I got them trained... or they got me trained.

USPS is consistently late here, I like my mailman though. He just started this route and I like him a lot more than the last guy. FedEx and UPS rock. 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

the post office is also a total ripoff even when you have a discount account .

we have a little regional delivery service called Spee Dee  imho best in the biz and best value to boot 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

we have a little regional delivery service called Spee Dee  imho best in the biz and best value to boot 

Speedy absolutely sucks. We still use them because they do well in rural areas but in town they are really unreliable in our experience. They are supposed to deliver next day and way to many times its 2 to 3 to go from say fargo to Minneapolis and their tracking is a joke. Imo

Keep in mind we ship 100's of packages a day. 10% ship via speedy. If they were better they would get a lot more.

Spell checked by big crappie.

Prime drivers around me all seem to take good care of the packages. Set them down easy and take a photo. They are even wearing their masks properly.  I always wonder if the delivery people are better knowing they are on camera. 

Screenshot_20200804-092113_Ring.jpg

9 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Prime drivers around me all seem to take good care of the packages. Set them down easy and take a photo. They are even wearing their masks properly.  I always wonder if the delivery people are better knowing they are on camera. 

I wave at every Ring doorbell.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Have zero experience with Amazon delivery.   Fedex has always been good.   In almost 30 years dealing with UPS they have been nothing but OUTSTANDING.   The recent policy of only one stop per day at the business I can do without but historically at work or home UPS has always exceeded expectations.  

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

USPS delivers most stuff. Never an issue. 

Yeah we have a rural carrier here and she will bring packages up my 500ft driveway right to the door, if it's just mail or small packages then it is in the box.

15 hours ago, Snake said:

I have used some of the same spots on my route for 20 solid years. Don't know if I got them trained... or they got me trained.

Our UPS guy is usually good except when the GF ordered us a new California King mattress online and he just plopped it down in the driveway versus going up to the front door like they do with most packages. To be fair the fucker was 150 pounds.:lol: 

• Haha 2

Never really have issues with any of them, UPS, FedEx, USPS, Speedee, or Amazon.  The biggest chance something goes wrong is when they have a sub on the route and aren't familiar with our place.  Then packages tend to end up at the neighbors.  Had to pick my mower blades up off the neighbors porch just a few weeks ago.

17 hours ago, Snake said:

We would welcome that.

I have not had a single claim in over 5 years.

unfortunately at $4 more a package the 12k made the choice.  We made my son run everything to the post office and he had to deal with the asshat.  Funny thing is the Rochester post office where we have dropped off  300 or so of them are great and want the business.  The Portsmouth office which is the regional distribution center so they are ending up with the package one way or another are dicks but 15 minutes closer.  Greenland where we dropped the last 200 told us to not come back.  

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

see above,  post office was decent on price.  We were mailing to prob 20 states all together so only options were USPS and UPS.  We use both a lot for things.  Certain docs the government basically requires us to use USPS 

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Have zero experience with Amazon delivery.   Fedex has always been good.   In almost 30 years dealing with UPS they have been nothing but OUTSTANDING.   The recent policy of only one stop per day at the business I can do without but historically at work or home UPS has always exceeded expectations.  

That must be a local policy because I will go as many times as necessary.

Not uncommon for 3 or 4 trucks show up at a spot that gets smoked; a Lane Bryant ot Target, for example.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snake said:

That must be a local policy because I will go as many times as necessary.

Not uncommon for 3 or 4 trucks show up at a spot that gets smoked; a Lane Bryant ot Target, for example.

Could be and we obviously are not that big.   They use to always drop off around 11am and pickup while leaving town around 4.   Now its just the morning stop and we've asked for the afternoon to continue to no avail.  They make one last pickup stop and if needed we can take the packages there.   The hub is about 25 miles away.

Honestly to me a good part of what has made UPS so good over the years is the drivers.   I've only ever met one with even a slightly negative attitude.   Maybe its just a midwest thing but in almost 30 years I've liked every driver we've had.  

6 hours ago, Doorider said:

Nice place.

6 hours ago, Doorider said:

they are somewhat OK around here on residential.   I've had to go to making sure the notes say leave on the covered side entrance rather than tossing them at my front door when they didn't figure that out like every other delivery guy has.  Only other time it's an issue is Xmas with ups temp help

FedEx is terrible here, they Lie about trying to make deliveries, we have cameras everywhere and when they have claimed they were here they weren't, we have called FedEx and complained but to no avail..had and order coming today, their site has said for 3 days it would be here today, now the site says "no scheduled deliveries"..I hate FedEx, this has gone on for years.