How long until Cuba collapses?

Rod

Just now, frenchy said:

cigars, booze. Plus they'd have mega US tourism dollars flowing in. 

Not really difficult to figure for most. 

That’s still not going to make them rich 

help? Yes. Fix all their problems? Nope. 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

maybe. ending the embargo would help more though. 

Cuba’s biggest export was actually doctors. Until they had a falling out with Brazil 

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Anler said:

I think it would help more if they could just import goods. 

But they are bad commies, we can't have trade with people who do t think like us!

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, frenchy said:

maybe. ending the embargo would help more though. 

Nope.   Opening up trade would help but nothing fights poverty like the engine of capitalism.   The knowledge that in most cases the harder you work the better you do is the key to economic success.   Who in a communist country wants to work their ass off when they know it doesn't go far for improving their own situation?  

Just now, Highmark said:

Nope.   Opening up trade would help but nothing fights poverty like the engine of capitalism.   The knowledge that in most cases the harder you work the better you do is the key to economic success.   Who in a communist country wants to work their ass off when they know it doesn't go far for improving their own situation?  

Why should working your ass off be required to live a comfortable life? 

Just now, f7ben said:

Not what I was saying.

Define "comfortable life?"

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Absolute poverty is the starting point. If you want more, do more. 

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Smart Cubans still live better than poor lazy ones. They’re just restricted from really gaining wealth 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Smart Cubans still live better than poor lazy ones. They’re just restricted from really gaining wealth 

No doubt but there is a ceiling in communist countries and pending who you know its likely pretty low.

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sure.  

I’d say comfortable would be shelter and food from their perspective 

The faggot ass orange piece of filth actively inhibited that for zero reason at all after Obama attempted to start the process of normalizing relations with them.

Just now, Highmark said:

No doubt but there is a ceiling in communist countries and pending who you know its likely pretty low.

Yeah. I think only around 3% own a car.  

Just now, f7ben said:

The faggot ass orange piece of filth actively inhibited that for zero reason at all after Obama attempted to start the process of normalizing relations with them.

To really open it up requires an act of Congress 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'm not really well read on why Trump did that but on the surface I agree it was a mistake.  

Honestly I think it comes down to votes in Florida.   The Cuban population there does not want America to negotiate with Cuba until it becomes a democracy.   Many there seen firsthand the perils of communism.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'm not really well read on why Trump did that but on the surface I agree it was a mistake.  

Honestly I think it comes down to votes in Florida.   The Cuban population there does not want America to negotiate with Cuba until it becomes a democracy.   Many there seen firsthand the perils of communism.   

The people there are pretty torn from everyone I’ve talked to. Nobody there really likes the idea of Americans coming there for tourism but some understand it would be worth the trade off for the people’s well being 

tourism restrictions on Americans to Cuba  were reinforced by the US in  early 2015.