Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists

So about 1.8M years ago until about 20,000 years ago the great lakes and south of there were buried in ice about 1.5 km thick. What did mankind do to create the massive warming that caused all that ice to melt? Oh that's right mankind didn't. Did the world come to an end? No. But it did change dramatically and everything adapted. Climate change happens and will continue to happen no matter what we do. 10,000 years ago Lake Huron water levels were at least 50 metres below where they are today.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

So about 1.8M years ago until about 20,000 years ago the great lakes and south of there were buried in ice about 1.5 km thick. What did mankind do to create the massive warming that caused all that ice to melt? Oh that's right mankind didn't. Did the world come to an end? No. But it did change dramatically and everything adapted. Climate change happens and will continue to happen no matter what we do. 10,000 years ago Lake Huron water levels were at least 50 metres below where they are today.

Facts schmacts  :lol: 

On 2016-11-30 at 1:15 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, I don't think they can stop it nor do I think we should be investing billions to do so. I think we should be spending that money to take advantage of what the changing climate will bring. More rain in the midwest and a longer growing season. Less rain in the west and southwest. How do we produce crops that are better suited, handle weather changes, etc. I don't see how climate change can't have opportunities. There is always opportunity. 

As for the extent of human influence on that change, I don't know. I think there is some, but I don't subscribe to the doom and gloom side of it. I think most of it is a cycle caused by mother nature herself. Not saying I think we should polute away because there is effects on drinking water and air quality, but I do not think we should hamstring business and manufacturing because of global warming. 

The oceans aren't going to rise 100 feet and kill everyone either. I think that is foolish. If they do rise, humans will counter it as we always do with weather. Time to put aside the fear based politics of GW and start looking for solutions rather than knee jerk reactions that don't help anyone. 

100 feet? Have you seen what happens with a 6 foot rise. There is a site that shows what 6 feet will do to your President Elects properties. 

15 hours ago, Anler said:

Momo is a fucking dummy...

Yes. Yes he is.

14 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Would you be happier if there was no water there anymore?

Clean or any water?

12 hours ago, Momorider said:

4 inches in a century :guzzle: 

See above. You are a dummy.

12 hours ago, 02sled said:

And "scholars" have never been wrong. Scholars used to believe the earth was flat and if you sailed out to sea to far you would fall off the end. Heck there are still some people that believe the earth is flat.

There was a report by a well known scientist that suggested climate change was and is just a cycle of nature and those suggesting it's our fault were driven by a desire to get funding for themselves to continue their research. The more they claimed we were causing global warming the more they were able to get grants to study the situation and how to address the situation. Self perpetuating employment.

Actually scholars said the world was round. The church said it was flat. Powerful people in charge with an agenda fought against science. There was no profit in going against them. Just knowledge and the pursuit of truth. Much like the climate change debate. Is there more money in saying that climate change does or doesn't exist?

9 hours ago, Boered said:

100% correct.

This alone proves how fucking stupid you are. How many arguments are 100% correct? Specially coming from a dumbass on this board.

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not without accomplishments.  I went to UofT for Electrical Engineering, how many prof's (PH.D and tenured) there do you think anyone would listen or give the time of day to?  They could never be of any value in the real world and most have nothing of any substance to their credit, so stifle it.  There are some, but they are few and far inbetween.  You should spend time with the ones who can't hired by the universities and end up teaching in the highschools, talk about having some major screws missing.

Architects know the building code,  beyond that you need an engineer, you wouldn't want either involved in the actual construction. 

9 hours ago, bussman said:

Arkatek

:lol: 

It was done for effect. You probably didn't notice the other errors or get the point of the message. Point being the carpenter didn't respect the architect because of his education. However a lot of people could do the carpenters job. Fewer could draw plans for a building that followed code. I also hired a licensed plumber and electrician. 

8 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This one of his prof's?

Just a movie. fiction fyi. It was funny but it appealed to the same type of idiots that figure Trump can be a good President.

This rev kev faggot voted for and support Justin Trudeau.  Obviously he is brain damaged and wants to see what is left of canadas heavy industry bankrupted. Carbon cap and trade scam is for morons, failed in Europe, does nothing but line the pockets of government whil the people go broke and jobs leave. Climate change is real, nobody ever said it was not, stopping it is a fucking pipe dream made up to fleece the people and end the middle classes of the western world.

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

100 feet? Have you seen what happens with a 6 foot rise. There is a site that shows what 6 feet will do to your President Elects properties. 

Yes. Yes he is.

Clean or any water?

See above. You are a dummy.

Actually scholars said the world was round. The church said it was flat. Powerful people in charge with an agenda fought against science. There was no profit in going against them. Just knowledge and the pursuit of truth. Much like the climate change debate. Is there more money in saying that climate change does or doesn't exist?  Fuck you are a retard

This alone proves how fucking stupid you are. How many arguments are 100% correct? Specially coming from a dumbass on this board.

It was done for effect. You probably didn't notice the other errors or get the point of the message. Point being the carpenter didn't respect the architect because of his education. However a lot of people could do the carpenters job. Fewer could draw plans for a building that followed code. I also hired a licensed plumber and electrician.  My point was you would not want either an architect or framer with zero experience, most PHD's fall into that category however you seem to glorify titles.  I on the other hand look at results, a title is only good getting your first job.  

Just a movie. fiction fyi. It was funny but it appealed to the same type of idiots that figure Trump can be a good President.

It fits into real world just fine, the last person on this planet I would go into business with is a business prof.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Actually closer to reality than you think. So many times we have hired people fresh out of university and given them assignments and heard, that's not the way my professor said it is done, or that's not what I was taught. 

Give a programmer a task to read an existing data file extract and create a report on sales quantity by size and colour. Check back a couple of hours later expecting he's about done. He's working on program comments still describing every minute detail of what and how the program would work and now has multiple screens full of comments. 

Should have been a simple create sales report by size and colour. 

His response... My professor would have failed me if I did that. Most of them haven't spent a single day in the real world and have been part of the education system their entire life.

One year on the job education will teach you more than  three in university 

Edited by 02sled

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Actually closer to reality than you think. So many times we have hired people fresh out of university and given them assignments and heard, that's not the way my professor said it is done, or that's not what I was taught. 

Give a programmer a task to read an existing data file extract and create a report on sales quantity by size and colour. Check back a couple of hours later expecting he's about done. He's working on program comments still describing every minute detail of what and how the program would work and now has multiple screens full of comments. 

His response... My professor would have failed me if I did that. Most of them haven't spent a single day in the real world and have been part of the education system their entire life.

I thought you were a server guy?  Now you're a programmeR? 

13 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I thought you were a server guy?  Now you're a programmeR? 

I've been in the IT field for about 40 years. Over those years I have worked on or managed most disciplines. I didn't do much programming myself. I found it boring but did know how and managed a team of about 15 programmers writing code for retail sales systems for a few years. I have also done communications networks, systems security, O/S program support and more. The latter part of my career has been data centre management which pulls a lot of those disciplines together. 

Edited by 02sled

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

One year of specific on the job education had better teach you more than three university years where you are taught many different disciplines. 

23 hours ago, 02sled said:

:lmao: I love this argument. because nature did something 1000s of years ago, means man cannot now.

17 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

:lol: Taking dumb to new levels!

nature did it 1000 years ago but it has to be man now, no way nature does it :lol: You just have to brainwashed to think this way 

what part of nature did it back then? you have no idea. but here it's happening "live", with all kinds of technological tools to find out why, and you want to hang on to "well it happened 1000s of years ago"? if it was nature don't you think that'd be easy to prove?

give your head a fucking shake. it's like finding a remnants of a molotov cocktail at a burned out building, investigators say it was the cause, but you disagree because fires happened centuries ago. :lmao: 

Edited by Snoslinger

48 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lmao: I love this argument. because nature did something 1000s of years ago, means man cannot now.

You really think that man can have more influence than mother nature :lol2: Maybe the Russians can do something with their weather machine :lol2: Where was all that global warming when everyone was heating their homes with coal which goes way back globally, So it was the carbon footprint of those Neanderthals that caused the polar ice 1.5 km thick to retreat.

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

what part of nature did it back then? you have no idea. but here it's happening "live", with all kinds of technological tools to find out why, and you want to hang on to "well it happened 1000s of years ago"? if it was nature don't you think that'd be easy to prove?

give your head a fucking shake. it's like finding a remnants of a molotov cocktail at a burned out building, investigators say it was the cause, but you disagree because fires happened centuries ago. :lmao: 

So nature caused it then but cant now. Why?  

It matters not if man has an impact. Why, because we will not stop burning all the fossil fuels until they are gone. So, whatever amount of co2 is stored in whatever amount of fossil fuel we happen to find, that is the amount man will release via energy consumption. No amount of taxation will change this. What taxation will do is perhaps slow the timeline of it, and that will not make any difference. With the billions of people in china and india starting to come into the first world we will see a rise in the rate of burning that will outpace any and all savings the west could come up with. This is why taxing carbon is harmful to those of us whose lives and standard of living directly correlates to the price of energy. We only live the way we do because of cheap energy, remove that and we all suffer. If that is what these greenies want, then may I suggest they lead by example and head to the wilderness of northern Canada and live off the land. Get your hemp snow suits and start hiking.

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

One year of specific on the job education had better teach you more than three university years where you are taught many different disciplines. 

University does not teach you anything practical.  So you come out with say a four year electrical engineering degree, what are you expected to know?  Do you think your extensive Laplace Transforms or Fourier Series knowledge is going to get you anywhere?  No, it just says you went through the BS, so you should be able to learn.  Your personality from that point on is more valuable.

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

A year at University might help you learn how to construct a sentence. For someone who gets on the high education road, you sure come off as dumb... 

5 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

I thought you believed in mmgw but think there's nothing we can do about it? you're so damn dishonest you cant keep your stories straight.

More taxes will fix it, just like all the other left wing tax schemes work:lol: