Check your account email address ×

Where's Phoenix.....

6 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Columbia University to Hold Five Week ‘Deconstructing Whiteness’ Lecture Series For White Students

By Cassandra Fairbanks
Published August 3, 2020 at 11:47am
142 Comments

COLUMBIA-FEATURE-PHOTO-600x405.jpg

Columbia University is holding a five week long series of lectures for white students on “deconstructing whiteness.”

The workshop series is titled “From Ally to Accomplice at Columbia: Working Group for Examining and Deconstructing Whiteness to Mitigate Racial Trauma.”

Advertisement - story continues below

According to the Facebook page for the series, the aim is “for white-identified students to engage in exploration of their white identities and build community and accountability around deconstructing whiteness and white privilege to facilitate the development of an anti-racist lens.”

The description adds that it “will not be a support group for white students. Nor will it be comfortable or easy.”

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

I acknowledged my racism and white privilege ....I’m a better man now

So it's just like religion.... admit your sins, atone and go and sin no more.

Jesus loves you.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Who was this acknowledged to, exactly?

Acknowledging it to yourself is all that's needed to experience positive personal growth. 

You don't need to confess, or beg forgiveness, or feel guilty. 

The danger lies in acknowledging it to yourself and remaining complacent or apathetic. 

20 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Acknowledging it to yourself is all that's needed to experience positive personal growth. 

You don't need to confess, or beg forgiveness, or feel guilty. 

The danger lies in acknowledging it to yourself and remaining complacent or apathetic. 

Listen to you.  MIddle aged wannabe anarchist...spewing early 20 something indoctrinated liberal gender studies dogma.  For fuck sakes, put this much effort into bettering yourself, you might just be amazed at how your attitude might change.  :lol:  The funniest part is your whole woke thing.  Fucking gold. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Listen to you.  MIddle aged wannabe anarchist...spewing early 20 something indoctrinated liberal gender studies dogma.  For fuck sakes, put this much effort into bettering yourself, you might just be amazed at how your attitude might change.  :lol:  The funniest part is your whole woke thing.  Fucking gold. 

And thanks to you quoting him, I had to read it.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, DriftBusta said:

Actually, he thinks you and a few others act like complete fucking assholes, but I'm not his spokesman either.  You don't like cops, he doesn't like blacks.  I think both positions are pretty fucking stupid.

ah, so that's what it is. tell him stop being a faggot, i shud go down the highway and slap him up and get him back on fs, wpww or not

14 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Wow, that's pretty ageist...

14432979_10154559617464886_717648248141191720_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And why is discussing white priviyand race relations reinterpreted as dissatisfaction with one's personal life and career? 

It's a weird turn to take. Just sayin

Well I just get the impression that you have a very shallow understanding of this topic 

• Haha 1