Closed Trail Thread

Renegade X

So then does the individual club have the power to put its own club up for sale, or is that determined by the OFSC ?

And who determines what the club is worth ? If the club is pissed off at the OFSC, why cann,t the  club  sell  the building and the land to me for a dollar ? LOL

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

So who actually is the club, and where would the club money go, since the club is made up of members ?

That would be the permit buyers who supported that club when they bought their permits unless there was something else spelled out in the bylaws of the club I would guess. Each incorporated club would have a set of bylaws that can be unique to each club. For example some clubs may have bylaws defining the term for an elected position and the number of terms an incumbent can hold that position while others may not.

23 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Is there anybody from the OFSC that might be able to shed some light on this scenario ? 

Every year the Incorporated member club of the ofsc is asked if they would like to continue as a member of the ofsc. They sign the agreement and as long as they are members in good standing they have the rights to the benefits that the ofsc provides to the club's. Insurance, trail permits, groomers, grants etc etc. 

If they what to remove themselves or can no longer function as a "not for profit" club. They are required under the Not for Profit bylaws to announce 3o days in advance of the club folding. This will allow and club members who under the clubs bylaws to either step up and takeover or the club can now fold. 

If the club folds the District or Assocaition now takes over the financial and assets of said club. 

You can not sell a incorporated not for profit member club of the ofsc.....

Edited by Yukon Cornelious
spelling

15 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Every year the Incorporated member club of the ofsc is asked if they would like to continue as a member of the ofsc. They sign the agreement and as long as they are members in good standing they have the rights to the benefits that the ofsc provides to the club's. Insurance, trail permits, groomers, grants etc etc. 

If they what to remove themselves or can no longer function as a "not for profit" club. They are required under the Not for Profit bylaws to announce 3o days in advance of the club folding. This will allow and club members who under the clubs bylaws to either step up and takeover or the club can now fold. 

If the club folds the District or Assocaition now takes over the financial and assets of said club. 

You can not sell a incorporated not for profit member club of the ofsc.....

I don't see why the club while in existence as an incorporated entity sell their own asset

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I don't see why the club while in existence as an incorporated entity sell their own asset

So if the club gets say 200,000 for the building and lot, then what does the club, do with the cash ?

Who is, " the club ", since the club gets dissolved  ?

6 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Got a hypothetical question for anyone from the OFSC.

Say a member club of the OFSC decides it,s got nobody left that wants to run the club, and the present club executive decides to put the clubhouse up for sale, who actually gets the money from the sale ?

And say several members way back when put hundreds of hours each into building the beautiful log clubhouse, and knowing that it was volunteered time, do any of them get re-imbursed for all of the sweat equity they put into building it, and now it,s gone, forever ?

I,m sure, in the near future, as the aging members decide they have had enough, we are going to see more and more of this type of stuff happening. 

Anyone seen this happen somewhere else in Ontario, and know for sure what happens to the money from the sale of the building and the land ?

I know the local clubs don,t own the groomers, so no problem with that going to the OFSC, and re-directed somewhere else.

If said clubhouse was sold while the club still existed then the club fold or threw in the towel the district would then take over said clubs accounts so if said clubhouse money was in there then would in turn get club house money,  but let’s dirty the pool and say the club still operating sells clubhouse and decides to reimburse said volunteers for there time then it would be done.  Once club “folds” all assets would then become districts assets form what I have been told and heard. I have not heard of any clubs owning land but I am not privy to all club matters either !  Some clubhouses are built on land owned by a land owner and in contract to have clubhouse there it either needs removed or said landowner gets ownership of building 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Sorry the way I read his first post was dissolving the club and selling everything? Where does that money go? 

A club can sell assets which they outright own, but they are still accountable to where the money goes from there if they are dissolving the club. 

12 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Sorry the way I read his first post was dissolving the club and selling everything? Where does that money go? 

A club can sell assets which they outright own, but they are still accountable to where the money goes from there if they are dissolving the club. 

Yeah... timing is everything. I took it that the club liquidated and distributed their assets before dissolving.

3 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Looks like the 701 is done for at least for this year.   Due to landowner issues, specifically cans.  

I bet the riders with cans will be those that whine about the trail closure the loudest. If people ignore the trail closed I imagine it will make it almost impossible to get the trail back.

Edited by 02sled

• 1 month later...

Well i think this is more aimed at the urban area trails that are in fact on private land,as far as crown goes that is mostly in the outer fringe areas and its just common sense if you are out there walking on a snowmobile trail for whatever reason and i have in the past its beware and get off to the side when you here sleds approaching although the new quieter sleds tend to be there almost before you hear them,liability regardless falls on the OFSC i think its a reasonable request for the couple months of the year Sudbury has nice dog parks safe for your pet as well as you since no boundary s between crown and private even out in the bush are marked as such, doing whatever you want may be in fact on private.Joe

• 7 months later...

This has been your schtick for years now yet people are still sledding. Do you have anything different to talk about or are you just waiting for the day to come years from now to say, I told ya so? :news:

I'll predict in 50 yrs or less everyone will be driving in electric vehicles. Check back in 2068 to see if I was right. What ya say? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, irv said:

This has been your schtick for years now yet people are still sledding. Do you have anything different to talk about or are you just waiting for the day to come years from now to say, I told ya so? :news:

I'll predict in 50 yrs or less everyone will be driving in electric vehicles. Check back in 2068 to see if I was right. What ya say? 

I wouldn't make that call.  Tech is changing so fast and electric isn't really all that clean.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 6:07 PM, steve6 said:

Soon...

Many clubs have been in this position often times because old blood was un receptive to new ideas and the those ideas left now the old volunteers get burned out and help dwindles