Closed Trail Thread

Renegade X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2016 at 4:58 PM, soupkid said:

Come on guys, the OFSC is the clubs.

All the OFSC does is act as an umbrella for the clubs.

The OFSC kind of insulates the clubs from a lot of stuff like permits, do you honestly think we would have any kind of system if each club had to have some kind of agreement with MTO.

Yes the OFSC has seemed like big brother the last couple of years with the new mandate but remember the mandate has been passed by the BOG ( 1 elected governor per district who is a club member somewhere ).

I really get tired of people bashing the OFSC/BOG/clubs when they really have no idea what's going on or how the system works.

It would seem with the ever weakening enforcement, the loss of STOP, and the neutering of trail patrol, that the deal to involve the MTO is pretty much useless now. We first decided to get into bed with government to address permit enforcement, it allowed police to patrol private property. So yes, we would have a trail system and no, each club would not be in bed with government if the OFSC did not exist. I think the real, and most likely only real benefit of having the OFSC, is lumping together insurance for all clubs.

11 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

It would seem with the ever weakening enforcement, the loss of STOP, and the neutering of trail patrol, that the deal to involve the MTO is pretty much useless now. We first decided to get into bed with government to address permit enforcement, it allowed police to patrol private property. So yes, we would have a trail system and no, each club would not be in bed with government if the OFSC did not exist. I think the real, and most likely only real benefit of having the OFSC, is lumping together insurance for all clubs.

The OFSC/government partnership that allowed police to patrol private property and prevented clubs from giving permits to landowners resulted in the loss of so many trails it's staggering. Blatant OFSC fuck up that drove yet another nail in the coffin. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I know In our area sand lake a few trails have closed.   Ice caves was set to close but from what I heard it will remain open with no real signs and less grooming.  

I got the nnta map and I don't see anything closed. I see the 306 goes through Burks falls again. :dunno:

31 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I got the nnta map and I don't see anything closed. I see the 306 goes through Burks falls again. :dunno:

Yes.  Unless things have changed the trail from Edgewater to the D is supposed to be closed.  It is being routed over to the 307 by sandhurst 

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Yes.  Unless things have changed the trail from Edgewater to the D is supposed to be closed.  It is being routed over to the 307 by sandhurst 

303 now the from d123 to D it looks like. I forgot about that little trail across from Edgewater. I think I always come out buy your place and jump on the lake most times. 

1513005298414742497941.jpg

On 12/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, Reevester said:

303 now the from d123 to D it looks like. I forgot about that little trail across from Edgewater. I think I always come out buy your place and jump on the lake most times. 

1513005298414742497941.jpg

Edgewater not supporting the trail?:dunno:

20 hours ago, Reevester said:

No they still are, I believe. Number 1 on that map is them. :dunno:

They are.  They are opening a much larger dining area this winter as well.  The landowners behind who own large amounts of land have closed it down.  

15 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

They are.  They are opening a much larger dining area this winter as well.  The landowners behind who own large amounts of land have closed it down.  

I wouldn't say large amounts. It's mostly crown. It's just the road frontage that's private. Sucks nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I wouldn't say large amounts. It's mostly crown. It's just the road frontage that's private. Sucks nonetheless. 

Sucks for us.  The 307 was great as it was rarely used.   Most beat the piss out of Edgewater.   Hopefully  snow everywhere will keep Toronto faggots further south.  

16 minutes ago, 800 Dragon said:

closed trail thread I called the ofsc demise yrs ago !! poor handling by the ofsc ! 

Was that at the same time you reported sledders for drinking during the PET RUN???? Remember the PORT PERRY and ONTARIO GANG wanted you to get beaten up, and banned you from the Ontario FORUMS!!!

38 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

Was that at the same time you reported sledders for drinking during the PET RUN???? Remember the PORT PERRY and ONTARIO GANG wanted you to get beaten up, and banned you from the Ontario FORUMS!!!

drunken riding on our trails is ILLEGAL !! proved on fs.com and fighting

1 minute ago, 800 Dragon said:

drunken riding on our trails is ILLEGAL !! proved on fs.com and fighting

They wanted to fight you for reporting them. They said it was a faggot thing to do. They could have gotten arrested!! You should not have ratted them out. They wanted to punch you in the face. The PORT PERRY gang wanted to beat the shit out of you. 

I heard that B trail through Bigwind Park will be closed this year. It was bad enough losing D102B (the Baysville Expressway) due to the bridge fiasco, but this really drives a bunch of nails in the coffin.  

Got a hypothetical question for anyone from the OFSC.

Say a member club of the OFSC decides it,s got nobody left that wants to run the club, and the present club executive decides to put the clubhouse up for sale, who actually gets the money from the sale ?

And say several members way back when put hundreds of hours each into building the beautiful log clubhouse, and knowing that it was volunteered time, do any of them get re-imbursed for all of the sweat equity they put into building it, and now it,s gone, forever ?

I,m sure, in the near future, as the aging members decide they have had enough, we are going to see more and more of this type of stuff happening. 

Anyone seen this happen somewhere else in Ontario, and know for sure what happens to the money from the sale of the building and the land ?

I know the local clubs don,t own the groomers, so no problem with that going to the OFSC, and re-directed somewhere else.

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Got a hypothetical question for anyone from the OFSC.

Say a member club of the OFSC decides it,s got nobody left that wants to run the club, and the present club executive decides to put the clubhouse up for sale, who actually gets the money from the sale ?

And say several members way back when put hundreds of hours each into building the beautiful log clubhouse, and knowing that it was volunteered time, do any of them get re-imbursed for all of the sweat equity they put into building it, and now it,s gone, forever ?

I,m sure, in the near future, as the aging members decide they have had enough, we are going to see more and more of this type of stuff happening. 

Anyone seen this happen somewhere else in Ontario, and know for sure what happens to the money from the sale of the building and the land ?

I know the local clubs don,t own the groomers, so no problem with that going to the OFSC, and re-directed somewhere else.

I'm going to make a guess here that as a legal entity (incorporated) the club has ownership of the clubhouse.