Recomendation for Touring machine

Sksman

Don't trust Puzzleboy. Arctic Cat Pantera 7000 if you want two up. 4 stroke 10.7 gal main tank plus a fully connected 4.3 gal additional tank at the rear. Proven Yamaha engine that keeps on running and running 

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

Don't trust Puzzleboy. Arctic Cat Pantera 7000 if you want two up. 4 stroke 10.7 gal main tank plus a fully connected 4.3 gal additional tank at the rear. Proven Yamaha engine that keeps on running and running 

OK

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Why not just get a sled with the second seat already fixed which also includes hand warmers for the passenger. The running boards are also in most cases better set up for the passengers feel. 

Because hes not 80 years old?

16 minutes ago, Oggy said:

Because hes not 80 years old?

He wants a touring sled which was what he stated at the start.

4 stroke is the way to go for a touring sled whether it be Skidoo, Arctic Cat etc. So you believe a trail sled with a big long bare chunk of metal sticking out behind the seat that you have to put a seat onto or take off, that doesn't have hand warmers for the passenger is better than essentially the same sled with the seat permanently attached including hand warmers and an additional fuel tank.

Just curious... do you have the mini windshield or take it off completely and stand up a lot? Too each their own but I know lots of people who travel two up, are definitely not old and ride touring sleds MADE for two.

The Arctic Cat LT

Capture.JPG

versus the Arctic Cat LXR - not a lot of difference on the visual other than the seat itself

Capture.JPG

I think the key here is occasional 2-up riding.

Which sled has the best add on seat so 90% of the time the seat is not there and the sled is still fun to ride.

I know CAT also has or had a seat you can add, but so does DOO.

Check em both out and buy the one that you like the most......both 4-stroke motors are proven and will not be a weak point.  

Looking at used / new non current but not sure just yet.   Good friend says stay away from Doo.  

I know it's all my brand better stuff.  

My wife would like 2up but in reality how long will she ride?  Or when do I want her to ride   LOL  

30 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Looking at used / new non current but not sure just yet.   Good friend says stay away from Doo.  

I know it's all my brand better stuff.  

My wife would like 2up but in reality how long will she ride?  Or when do I want her to ride   LOL  

Your wife is going to ride it? Touring or a long track sled is likely not the best for her, if that is the route you go, look at the Yamaha/Cat seeing as they have electronic power steering...just not sure what year they started with that feature.

DOO gets a bad name for engine failures, but there are a lot of them out there and newby riders tend to buy them (to go "ski doo'ing"), so they are not looked after or maintained as well as a person that is more seasoned, so it might seem exaggerated....but the 1200 is a proven motor, as is the CAT & Yamaha 4-stroke motors.

39 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Your wife is going to ride it? Touring or a long track sled is likely not the best for her, if that is the route you go, look at the Yamaha/Cat seeing as they have electronic power steering...just not sure what year they started with that feature.

DOO gets a bad name for engine failures, but there are a lot of them out there and newby riders tend to buy them (to go "ski doo'ing"), so they are not looked after or maintained as well as a person that is more seasoned, so it might seem exaggerated....but the 1200 is a proven motor, as is the CAT & Yamaha 4-stroke motors.

Here is my buddies brand new 1200 last year 1/4 mile down the trail....he needed 1 new engine, the next week the water pump failed...back to the dealership, then the clutch spring recall...back to the dealer, by Feb it was good to go.....and just as reliable as any sled, but he is a Doo fan, so all is good.......all sleds are the same no matter what the Puzzler claims...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Here is my buddies brand new 1200 last year 1/4 mile down the trail....he needed 1 new engine, the next week the water pump failed...back to the dealership, then the clutch spring recall...back to the dealer, by Feb it was good to go.....and just as reliable as any sled, but he is a Doo fan, so all is good.......all sleds are the same no matter what the Puzzler claims...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Damn....here I thought the 1200 out of the DOO camp was actually good!

Not that I look for reviews on the 1200, but I rarely read much bad, but I also know the majority of the reviews I read are from folks that own one.

Agreed, as with anything, everything can and will break.....just comes down how frequent some do vs. others.....

Knock on wood, I have been lucky with almost all the sleds I have owed....I am sure one of the reasons I have not tried another manufacture...yet!

Biggest problem i have with doo is years ago my buddy bought the 800 GSX or something like that.  3 seater touring sled.

He would pretty much run out of sliders before a tank of fuel.  He was burning them up in good conditions.  If 4 or 5 of us went riding he would be the only one wearing out his sliders.  And my 700 Polaris longtrack with my fat ass on it and half as many idlers never heated up or wore sliders.

BRP did nothing but deny help to my buddy.  He paid a fortune for a piece of shit that just kept costing.

Then the bearing issues misdiagnosed by dealer cost him a motor.  No warranty.

So i have a hard time supporting a manufacturer who did not stand behind their product.  Either that or the dealer strung my buddy along but dealer still there.