The Pentagon Was "Pounding Down the Door" to Get Trump To Respond to Russian Bounties on U.S. Soldiers

Despicable........

The Pentagon Was "Pounding Down the Door" to Get Trump To Respond to Russian Bounties on U.S. Soldiers

Posted on Mon, Jun 29th, 2020 by Darragh Roche 
The Pentagon Was “Pounding Down the Door” to Get Trump To Respond to Russian Bounties on U.S. Soldiers 

Pentagon officials tried desperately to get President Donald Trump to do something about Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers. That’s according to The Washington Post‘s David Ignatius. 

Ignatius spoke to MSNBC’s Morning Joe program on Monday. He said the Pentagon had tried to get the President to act but he had failed to do so, 

“Based on my reporting trying to confirm The New York Times’ excellent story it’s clear in late March you had senior U.S commanders, senior civilian intelligence officials, in effect pounding on the door of the White House saying we need to do something about this,” Ignatius said. 

“We need to come to a conclusion about what damage the Russian program is doing, we need to reassess our programs in Afghanistan and they couldn’t get an answer.” 

“To this day there’s not an answer, there’s not a real response” he said. 

“Was this because the President was briefed and did nothing or because he wasn’t briefed because people were afraid to give him bad news and kept it to themselves? I don’t know.” 

“But it almost doesn’t matter in terms of the breakdown in terms of the way the government is supposed to work.” 

“In some ways, it’s almost worse the department didn’t tell him, ‘Mr. President while you’re encouraging Russia to rejoin the G8, we should mention Russia is putting bounties on the heads of American soldiers.’ If they didn’t tell him that, it’s a stunner.”

President Trump has denied he knew about Russia offering bounties for the deaths of U.S. soldiers. He’s also claimed the story isn’t credible.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Are you OK with this?

Are you ok with CBS News reporting the Intel stopped at a very low level and was deemed to have insufficient evidence to even warrant a briefing?

• Thanks 1

Are you ok with the NYT going off half cocked... again... breaking untrue stories?

Of course you are... you're one of the Guthooked Gang who thought Mueller was gonna jail Trump.  :lmao:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Are you ok with CBS News reporting the Intel stopped at a very low level and was deemed to have insufficient evidence to even warrant a briefing?

You failed to answer my question. Just about all major news outlets around the world are reporting the story.

awaiting a answer

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

You failed to answer my question. Just about all major news outlets around the world are reporting the story.

awaiting a answer

CBS answered for me.

Guthooked.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Glad we have Trump as president....  if we had Clinton we would be at a very costly war with Russia like MC is advocating..  what a piece of shit for wantInt to send our troops to war with Russia.

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Glad we have Trump as president....  if we had Clinton we would be at a very costly war with Russia like MC is advocating..  what a piece of shit for wantInt to send our troops to war with Russia.

Jesus that’s stupid. Nobody wants war you dumb ass.

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I think it’s bullshit. The Russians have no reason for this. Perhaps a rouge group, and perhaps a rouge government sponsored group. Putin has no love of the taliban. 

He loves fuckin with the US

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He loves fuckin with the US

True. He enjoys pacifying some of the remaining hardliners In his country. Putin saw Russia through some of its most dangerous transitions following the Cold War. I’m actually more fearful of a Russia without Putin at the helm. He keeps the lunatics in line. That’s not to say I approve of his methods. 

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Are you OK with this?

That’s according to The Washington Post‘s David Ignatius. 

enough said .

and again what do you want more war ? 

so let's say the Pentagon was saying this . would you put it pazt them to plant bullshit to get more guys back to the sand box ? 

so again is that what you want ? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

True. He enjoys pacifying some of the remaining hardliners In his country. Putin saw Russia through some of its most dangerous transitions following the Cold War. I’m actually more fearful of a Russia without Putin at the helm. He keeps the lunatics in line. That’s not to say I approve of his methods. 

but but but we have to get rid of saddam Hussain to make irek stable.

The Trumpers here make me fuckin sick.

either come out and say he was wrong to ignore bounty on US soldiers lives or not. The fact he continues to kiss Putin’s ass is a whole other issue.

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

either come out and say he was wrong to ignore bounty on US soldiers lives or not. The fact he continues to kiss Putin’s ass is a whole other issue.

Does it want to make you swear off your military service?

Oh, sorry....

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Disregarding something as Bullshit isnt ignoring it.    

6 minutes ago, old indy said:

Disregarding something as Bullshit isnt ignoring it.    

So you’re not offended by fake news eh? Interesting.

:lol: