Streaming box/kodi box

Kev144

19 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Do you use kodi etc?  Looking to completely cut off cable.  Have Netflix etc but kodi seems to have a large variety of free options(sports/tv/movie etc)

Just Netflix and Hulu for me. I think @Dave uses kodi.

33 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Do you use kodi etc?  Looking to completely cut off cable.  Have Netflix etc but kodi seems to have a large variety of free options(sports/tv/movie etc)

Much better then neflix imo

We have used Kodi for a couple of years on the Firestick. Been cable free for 3+ years. If used in conjunction with a digital antenna, it all but eradicates the need for cable, unless your family insists on watching every new episode the minute it is released.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I think he was asking what kind of device / box do you use to stream to your tv's.

Yes. This is correct lol.  I'm well aware it's a TV. There must be a supporting, most likely android unit 

31 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Yes. This is correct lol.  I'm well aware it's a TV. There must be a supporting, most likely android unit 

I use a raspberry pi loaded with OSMC to run Kodi on it.  Works pretty good and the hardware is cheap. It's not 4K compatible, but I think that 4K is more hype than anything.   :bc:

not that anyone probably cares but for anyone looking, i ended up getting a stream Team box.  Works great.  It was so easy to set up Kodi with their addin and i can get a tonne of live channels from the US and Canada from an addon in Kodi.  

http://www.streamteammedia.com/

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

not that anyone probably cares but for anyone looking, i ended up getting a stream Team box.  Works great.  It was so easy to set up Kodi with their addin and i can get a tonne of live channels from the US and Canada from an addon in Kodi.  

http://www.streamteammedia.com/

:thumb:

Got Kodi loaded on an amazon firestick. Works great well worth the money IMO. I've had it for about 6 months now so I know it's only gotten better. Latest I've heard is Comcast/Xfinity live cable is avaliable on it but I don't have the latest software to know. Strictly use mine for movies.

3 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Got Kodi loaded on an amazon firestick. Works great well worth the money IMO. I've had it for about 6 months now so I know it's only gotten better. Latest I've heard is Comcast/Xfinity live cable is avaliable on it but I don't have the latest software to know. Strictly use mine for movies.

Look for an add on called live mix. It has live tv from alot of stations.  Espn, tab, sportsnet all the other major networks 

• Like 1