Sign in to follow this  
Mileage Psycho

Anyone have any big touring trips planned this year?

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping to do something in Feb with the wife, and then something with the guys in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my biggest trip for the season will be 50mi a day if we don't get stuck to much. the touring part will be drive there and back lol. rented a pimped out place in the flat tops of CO . closest rental property is over 5 mi away closest forest service lot over 10 mi . so pretty much no fighting for fresh pow.

snow cat and enclosed trailer brings all your gear to property . had to reserve our 320gal of fuel .

http://wildskies.com/  I am more stoked about this one than I have been about any trips in a long time . will have 7 guys 8 sleds 5 snowbikes and piles of CO finest

always wanted to ride the flat tops this is the yr. I was actually suppose to be in WY right now but we canceled for  obvious reasons

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 5:29 PM, Ez ryder said:

my biggest trip for the season will be 50mi a day if we don't get stuck to much. the touring part will be drive there and back lol. rented a pimped out place in the flat tops of CO . closest rental property is over 5 mi away closest forest service lot over 10 mi . so pretty much no fighting for fresh pow.

snow cat and enclosed trailer brings all your gear to property . had to reserve our 320gal of fuel .

http://wildskies.com/  I am more stoked about this one than I have been about any trips in a long time . will have 7 guys 8 sleds 5 snowbikes and piles of CO finest

always wanted to ride the flat tops this is the yr. I was actually suppose to be in WY right now but we canceled for  obvious reasons

I checked out the website and that is way cool, that's a trip to be stoked about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:44 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

I checked out the website and that is way cool, that's a trip to be stoked about!

yeah page 48 to 50 in snowest link below have a deal on the flat tops and the place we booked saw it like 3 or 4 yrs ago and it was in my mind and then saw it again and booked

http://read.uberflip.com/i/427196-december-2014

cant imagine what it takes to keep a place like that going completely off the grid with no way but snowcat in for 6 mo out of the yr .man the propane tanks must be huge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have 8 guys next year Ezra.:x that place looks cool as shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the weather holds, I'll be doing at least 2 possibly 3 bagger trips in March...3 day/1000miler loops in da yoop...No set route...tues-thurs...Usually drop near Iron Mt head west then north then east...I really need to get back to Mt Arvon and sign in on the log book...Have'nt been there since 09-10 season...That year their was still 5'+ of snow up in the bush during the last week in March and the ungroomed trail leading to the USGS plot had 5'-6' deep rollers the whole way....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

If the weather holds, I'll be doing at least 2 possibly 3 bagger trips in March...3 day/1000miler loops in da yoop...No set route...tues-thurs...Usually drop near Iron Mt head west then north then east...I really need to get back to Mt Arvon and sign in on the log book...Have'nt been there since 09-10 season...That year their was still 5'+ of snow up in the bush during the last week in March and the ungroomed trail leading to the USGS plot had 5'-6' deep rollers the whole way....

The book was still there over the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2016 at 1:21 PM, SlugsOnSleds said:

If the weather holds, I'll be doing at least 2 possibly 3 bagger trips in March...3 day/1000miler loops in da yoop...No set route...tues-thurs...Usually drop near Iron Mt head west then north then east...I really need to get back to Mt Arvon and sign in on the log book...Have'nt been there since 09-10 season...That year their was still 5'+ of snow up in the bush during the last week in March and the ungroomed trail leading to the USGS plot had 5'-6' deep rollers the whole way....

Thats awesome, great way to travel.  I'm hoping for a bagger out of Jackman into Quebec, maybe over to New Brunswick and back at some point this winter. :bc: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats awesome, great way to travel.  I'm hoping for a bagger out of Jackman into Quebec, maybe over to New Brunswick and back at some point this winter. :bc: 

You guys talk about that every year and get @Angry ginger all excited, but never seem to pull it off :news:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ckf said:

You guys talk about that every year and get @Angry ginger all excited, but never seem to pull it off :news:

Alotta chiefs not alotta Indians if you know what I"m saying.  It was the only kind of riding I did for 15+ years, just last 5-6 in Jackman, we've been doing day loops and offtrailing.  I know I can get Rosenstein and Legend to go, my brother wouldn't take much convincing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Alotta chiefs not alotta Indians if you know what I"m saying.  It was the only kind of riding I did for 15+ years, just last 5-6 in Jackman, we've been doing day loops and offtrailing.  I know I can get Rosenstein and Legend to go, my brother wouldn't take much convincing.  

The bigger the group, the harder it is to pull those trips off. Doesn't Quebec have a free weekend?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ckf said:

The bigger the group, the harder it is to pull those trips off. Doesn't Quebec have a free weekend?

 

 

yeah.  Now that you mention it...I think thats how the conversation started in the first place :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah.  Now that you mention it...I think thats how the conversation started in the first place :lol: 

You guys should just commit to going that weekend.  I'm sure Jeff will have the route all mapped out, just don't let him take any short cuts :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best to put a guy in charge . get total room prices. then early fall get every one talking big to put down there non refundable check. lots of big players early fall come trip time some bail but who gives a shit they already gave there checks cabins and rooms booked. last 1 we just did 2 guys bailed the original 5 guys each split the 900bucks . paid the full fuel bill out and back plus a suit on the way out .

I use to feel bad about guys who would bail and loose there cash but now I could care less and count on it . a trip with a crew is a commitment like any other u bail it always causes some sort of logistics BS  that the rest f the guys have to deal with  

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just locked in 8 nights in CO flat tops for early jan . same house we rented last yr epic place .

working on a early season for tog just waiting on new year package datesand $ to come out . usually under 150 a night for nov early dec . always need to be packing extra a arms for those rides 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may do a couple of 120+ mile days.  But not in a row. :lol:

Maybe three or four over the winter. And I'm sure I'll hate my sled and myself at the end of each one. :lmao:

So, I guess my answer is "no".  No big touring trips.  But I will be fascinated by all your guys cool pictures. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I may do a couple of 120+ mile days.  But not in a row. :lol:

Maybe three or four over the winter. And I'm sure I'll hate my sled and myself at the end of each one. :lmao:

So, I guess my answer is "no".  No big touring trips.  But I will be fascinated by all your guys cool pictures. :)

 

If you haven't ever been to Quebec you should do yourself a favor and at least try it. I still haven't done the Gaspe yet, but it's on my bucket list :bc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the guys that used to be on here says the Gaspe' is beautiful. Him and a bunch of other guys had their sleds trucked down to the east coast and they rode back home (Ont) in ten days. Must of been a bitch of a trip to plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took off the last week of the year, plus a couple days the week before.  I'm thinking Ironwood, Houghton, or Norwegian Rivera.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Took off the last week of the year, plus a couple days the week before.  I'm thinking Ironwood, Houghton, or Norwegian Rivera.  

I will be in Houghton county the last week of the year as well.:bc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I will be in Houghton county the last week of the year as well.:bc:

 

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be a few clicks east,in the other Houghton.:bashhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoeshoe trip north of calumet with my sidekick if the weather ever cooperates 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Shoeshoe trip north of calumet with my sidekick if the weather ever cooperates 

Saddlebag trip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.