Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This was taken 2 miles from where I live. The car on the right was built by a guy who owned a body shop just up the road from where this was taken. The building you can see in the background was a new gas station with car wash that was under construction at the time. It was called Gene’s Esso and was one of 2 that were open 24 hours in the area since they both sat outside the city limits. Both the coffee shop and gas station were torn down about 5 years ago to build a small plaza and an office building. Pic was posted to a Facebook Group about local history.

290023E6-5005-43E7-BB8F-68F0175ED136.thumb.jpeg.9ed35c1c2d2f61533f778f59f9492827.jpeg

That’s a really cool picture.

A Budy just finished this build. He dropped it off at a shop to get the front end dialed in on Friday and was going to pick it up on Saturday. He even put a small block in it. He did everything on it but the paint. Took him a year and a half. The shop burned to the ground Friday night.

18E9B363-3CE5-401B-9B14-BF23B2C4ED3A.png

EBCA33EB-714A-46E4-BA6D-FFAA76B82931.png

• Sad 6

20 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We believe it's a Hognose. They're an endangered species up here and non poisonous 

Snakes are good to have around. They eat lots of mice.

• Like 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

That's what I told Nicole a few days ago after she screamed after almost stepping on one at the bottom of the back steps off the deck.  I hope there weren't any young kids outside when she screamed as there were a few words that might not have been appropriate depending on age. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There was a little grass snake earlier that went under the porch and I saw it come back out and said to the wife there's the little snake again then saw this thing. Somebody posted on the wife's pic and said it was a Northern Water Snake. Whatever it's called can find a new home lol

23 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There was a little grass snake earlier that went under the porch and I saw it come back out and said to the wife there's the little snake again then saw this thing. Somebody posted on the wife's pic and said it was a Northern Water Snake. Whatever it's called can find a new home lol

The northern water snake won’t bother you. They can get up to 6’ long. They will eat a lot of pests. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

That's what I told Nicole a few days ago after she screamed after almost stepping on one at the bottom of the back steps off the deck.  I hope there weren't any young kids outside when she screamed as there were a few words that might not have been appropriate depending on age. :lol:

Just had that conversation with my wife. I didn't care if she screamed. I just told her not to throw rocks at them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Just had that conversation with my wife. I didn't care if she screamed. I just told her not to throw rocks at them.

My grandmother always went for a spade and chopped their heads off. :lol:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

My son did a short internship inventorying snakes on public land. This pic was taken just south of @Anler house.

8C2846AA-EF66-48B5-B233-9F97652A67EE.png

He can come on down to pops ranch in Kaufman TX anytime and have himself a ball.  theres more types of slithering serpants around there than i care to count to keep him occupied.   good mousers or not them fookin water snakes can fuck right off!  aggressive mofos!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, old indy said:

He can come on down to pops ranch in Kaufman TX anytime and have himself a ball.  theres more types of slithering serpants around there than i care to count to keep him occupied.   good mousers or not them fookin water snakes can fuck right off!  aggressive mofos!

He has moved to Colorado doing land management. He escaped Hellinoise.

• Like 1

Rain stopped and it got hot, humid and foggy.... not too bad but the fucking midges are hatching by Lake Michigan and holy hell they are annoying! :lmao:

CC803E67-224E-4123-A6CB-BDCA98AC8709.thumb.jpeg.324a485fb6e0a2dc73637c294e32d17b.jpegC8C977BC-98F0-4891-A42A-6746E70AB5C3.thumb.jpeg.0a62caf66c5a39ca70e68aed24f31b21.jpegB842FD69-B8BF-48BF-B40E-370218B0A342.thumb.jpeg.9683c7eca1d2b28b0aa3a735c5544143.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Woodtick said:

yeah  it my thing. 

prob goes back to when I was real young .

my great grandfather brought me down to the pit that was once a silo that a tornado took out decades before .

it was now where they put all the trash . well it was thick with snakes that summer he walked around it with a big can of what I assume was old gas and oil who knows . lit them up.  flaming snakes some crawling out in to the yard burning the tall grass . yeah think I was like 6 lol.  same guy who use to take me out to the woods with tnt to blow up stumps .

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

fucking 50 at the coast and chilly.

Sunny with highs in the low 70's with just enough of a breeze to keep the black flies away. 

21 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Rain stopped and it got hot, humid and foggy.... not too bad but the fucking midges are hatching by Lake Michigan and holy hell they are annoying! :lmao:

CC803E67-224E-4123-A6CB-BDCA98AC8709.thumb.jpeg.324a485fb6e0a2dc73637c294e32d17b.jpegC8C977BC-98F0-4891-A42A-6746E70AB5C3.thumb.jpeg.0a62caf66c5a39ca70e68aed24f31b21.jpegB842FD69-B8BF-48BF-B40E-370218B0A342.thumb.jpeg.9683c7eca1d2b28b0aa3a735c5544143.jpeg

We paddled on the platte River yesterday. Wish we brought the bug spray. Had to keep moving the mosquitos were really bad.

• Like 1