Random Photo Thread

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

D51BB1EF-5C81-422B-AA89-ABDA8CD182E3.jpeg

BB10E5E0-0709-48AA-A8F2-0255E7AD27BA.jpeg

35F9306F-8A52-4B55-A12C-051835EE780C.jpeg

EEDD0D14-F682-495A-BC4A-AB7ED5CB02B0.jpeg

That looks real familiar. Off 101? Last time we rolled through there I was surprised at the amount of RV’s parked by the beach. Looked like a great spot.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

That looks real familiar. Off 101? Last time we rolled through there I was surprised at the amount of RV’s parked by the beach. Looked like a great spot.

Yep right off 101 on the Pacific Coast Highway. This particular camping area is called Rincon Parkway.  Its one of the campgrounds run by Ventura County. 

$30 per night. Right on the beach. A quarter mile from multi million dollar beachfront homes. 

The Kincaid fire is right around the corner from this. 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'll take the gnomes winter arrangement over that one.  Real nice shop though.  

We spent a week camped right on the beach then moved on to Palm Springs for a week. 

We stayed at a very nice RV resort in Palm Springs. 

1FFB13A6-CDA1-41EF-A7BE-70801F54EAA9.jpeg

88DDBEC7-FCB9-4A83-8FCF-FA58339D3028.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot

24 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We’ve been in Havasu since the end of October. Got or spot for the next 6 months all dialed in. 

We love Havasu. There is cool stuff to do every day. 

7B6C68C8-A919-4259-ABDA-DE0AC38FEC0D.jpeg

9E09D5C2-14CB-4B97-9392-2F1EE92C2AB2.jpeg

17BDEE93-5D0C-4B97-B897-6217C58E63E2.jpeg

B04593B1-1387-4605-B02F-ED88B45293B5.jpeg

DE91A788-8248-490C-A03E-888D16A1A256.jpeg

You win the innerwebs again Tom.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep right off 101 on the Pacific Coast Highway. This particular camping area is called Rincon Parkway.  Its one of the campgrounds run by Ventura County. 

$30 per night. Right on the beach. A quarter mile from multi million dollar beachfront homes. 

The Kincaid fire is right around the corner from this. 

I worked in Ventura county when I lived out there. Callabasas.

Just now, awful knawful said:

You have a link on type?

Fucking thieves are on prowl again, fucking dope.

Looking for wifi security cams.

Yeah, I can view this one from anywhere and rotate it and raise/lower.

The ones I use for security are the Wyze brand. Much better / easier camera t use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H3SRXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, Big Crappie said:

View from our new wifi cabin cam.

15570101_2019-11-10 13_05_19.jpg

Looks good. Nice to be able to check on things remotely. 

Ive been using Arlo cameras outside for about 3 years. I have 5 outside cameras now. The Arlos are wireless and the batteries last over 4 months between charges. This year 3 of my cameras are acting up. They are each acting up in different ways. 

About 2 years ago I began using Yi cameras inside my home and the shop. The Yi cameras are super inexpensive and there is no limit to how many you can have on your account. I pay between $29 and $35 for each Yi camera. I have 8 Yi cameras. After nearly 2 full years of use I can say the Yi camera is far superior to the Arlo. 

I need to check into the Wyze cameras you have. I need to replace a couple of Arlos. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Looks good. Nice to be able to check on things remotely. 

Ive been using Arlo cameras outside for about 3 years. I have 5 outside cameras now. The Arlos are wireless and the batteries last over 4 months between charges. This year 3 of my cameras are acting up. They are each acting up in different ways. 

About 2 years ago I began using Yi cameras inside my home and the shop. The Yi cameras are super inexpensive and there is no limit to how many you can have on your account. I pay between $29 and $35 for each Yi camera. I have 8 Yi cameras. After nearly 2 full years of use I can say the Yi camera is far superior to the Arlo. 

I need to check into the Wyze cameras you have. I need to replace a couple of Arlos. 

Arlo's are great and with IFTTT integration the world is your oyster.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Arlo's are great and with IFTTT integration the world is your oyster.

Ive had a total of 7 Arlo cameras in the last 3 years. I currently have 2 Pros and 3 Pro2’s. The batteries last a long time. Probably their best feature. The main drawback to the Arlo IMO is you can not pan and there is no motion tracking feature. Also the Arlo doesnt record 24/7, it only records when motion or noise is detected. And if you want more than 5 cameras you have to sign a monthly contract with Arlo. 

The Yi cameras are $30-$35 each.  You can get them on sale for $25 some times. Full 1080p HD. Full 360 degree panoramic viewing. You can zoom and pan up, down, left, right. The cameras track motion. If something moves in the room the camera will turn and focus on the movement and follow the movement as it moves around the room or area.  The Yi cameras record 24/7 on a micro sd card.  Last year after our big earthquake I would read on FB that there was another quake and I could look at one or more of my cameras and look back at the approximate time of the quake and see things moving inside my house. 

In the last 3 years Ive spent over $1000 on Arlo cameras and $200 on Yi cameras. For my needs the Yi cameras offer so much more at a fraction of the price. 

Yi cameras are supposed to only be used indoors but they are so cheap that I mounted one outside under the eave next to one Arlo Pro2. Its been there a year. Side by side comparison to the Arlo proves the Yi is far superior video and audio quality. Better light gathering. Better night vision. 10 times better audio quality. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ive had a total of 7 Arlo cameras in the last 3 years. I currently have 2 Pros and 3 Pro2’s. The batteries last a long time. Probably their best feature. The main drawback to the Arlo IMO is you can not pan and there is no motion tracking feature. Also the Arlo doesnt record 24/7, it only records when motion or noise is detected. And if you want more than 5 cameras you have to sign a monthly contract with Arlo. 

The Yi cameras are $30-$35 each.  You can get them on sale for $25 some times. Full 1080p HD. Full 360 degree panoramic viewing. You can zoom and pan up, down, left, right. The cameras track motion. If something moves in the room the camera will turn and focus on the movement and follow the movement as it moves around the room or area.  The Yi cameras record 24/7 on a micro sd card.  Last year after our big earthquake I would read on FB that there was another quake and I could look at one or more of my cameras and look back at the approximate time of the quake and see things moving inside my house. 

In the last 3 years Ive spent over $1000 on Arlo cameras and $200 on Yi cameras. For my needs the Yi cameras offer so much more at a fraction of the price. 

Yi cameras are supposed to only be used indoors but they are so cheap that I mounted one outside under the eave next to one Arlo Pro2. Its been there a year. Side by side comparison to the Arlo proves the Yi is far superior video and audio quality. Better light gathering. Better night vision. 10 times better audio quality. 

Mine are mainly outside and I'm working with IFTTT to integrate it with other smartphone devices.  So far I'm pretty happy and impressed.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, awful knawful said:

You have a link on type?

Fucking thieves are on prowl again, fucking dope.

Looking for wifi security cams.

If thieves come flying into your unoccupied home/cottage wearing facemasks and burgle the place, what good are they? Even if they give you an alarm notice to your cell phone, by the time you call the authorities, they'll be long gone. It seems like just a little hobby to have camera surveillance when 99.9999% of the time it will be just normalcy. I guess my thoughts are just save your money and make an insurance claim if you get burgled, it happened at my cottage 6 years ago, no big deal, it happens.