Random Photo Thread

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

1st outing this morning for mom showing off her brood.  I count 10 this year.  Fun to watch her teach them how to preen their coats so they don't sink like little furry golf balls.  :lmao: I gotta go find the chicken feed now.

Bad pic but mom isn't gonna bring them closer right now.

Duck brood 2018.jpg

On Memorial Day I had to make a Mallard nest rescue, on the shore by my cottage we have a Mallard nest with 8 eggs in it. About 3 o'clock Mon. aft. I notice mom leaves the nest and is quacking up a storm, so I go down and look at the nest. I discover a 5' long Fox snake and the bastard already has an egg about 1/3 in his mouth. My son and I rustled the snake into a garbage can and relocated him about a mile away. The snake put up a pretty good fight because he knew he just scored the mother load and he was ready to put the feed bag on. I must be getting soft in my older age, saved the duck nest and I didn't even kill the snake. :bc:

Just now, snoughnut said:

On Memorial Day I had to make a Mallard nest rescue, on the shore by my cottage we have a Mallard nest with 8 eggs in it. About 3 o'clock Mon. aft. I notice mom leaves the nest and is quacking up a storm, so I go down and look at the nest. I discover a 5' long Fox snake and the bastard already has an egg about 1/3 in his mouth. My son and I rustled the snake into a garbage can and relocated him about a mile away. The snake put up a pretty good fight because he knew he just scored the mother load and he was ready to put the feed bag on. I must be getting soft in my older age, saved the duck nest and I didn't even kill the snake. :bc:

Cool.  Awww....I've always had a soft spot for animals.  I'd have done the same exact thing.  Snakes doin' what snakes do.  Circle of life.  No reason to extinguish it if you don't have to.

People...now people I can "extinguish".  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Cool.  Awww....I've always had a soft spot for animals.  I'd have done the same exact thing.  Snakes doin' what snakes do.  Circle of life.  No reason to extinguish it if you don't have to.

People...now people I can "extinguish".  :lol:

Nice work Chad and yeah there was a time where I would have killed the snake too but as Zbone says...circle of life.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 8:59 AM, snoughnut said:

Didnt kill snake either. Moved a few things in shed , toad came hopping out. Snake had him in a minute. Just let it play out. 

4922ACBD-A276-4A3D-B109-BAA132FA0B6B.jpeg

2E60D54A-043F-4E7A-80A2-9CACDD3F7C27.jpeg

hard at work serving and protecting at the twins game .list look st the dick broom on the 3rd prick in you know he can't Waite to shoot someone 20180516_152109.thumb.jpg.9e640afbe080bbb9f60127668be93125.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 8:06 PM, Srxfasterapex said:

Picked up this yesterday lol

IMG_1720.PNG

IMG_1719.PNG

Nice. I’ve looked at a couple Camaros for sale here over the last few years but haven’t jumped.

My mom had an 84 Z28 T-top in white I used to drive once in a while. I loved that car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Daughter and her roommate were in Marquette for orientation and now they are camping in Munising...tomorrow they are kayaking around Pictured Rocks.

4EE15487-E393-413E-AA3A-1864BA8B5A5B.thumb.jpeg.eb31730b366e68b95d12b64bde05db19.jpeg74BBC6D7-EC12-4164-AA2E-F12BC02C9341.thumb.jpeg.0f34d3de572f966abeaa32f36d78e778.jpeg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Daughter and her roommate were in Marquette for orientation and now they are camping in Munising...tomorrow they are kayaking around Pictured Rocks.

4EE15487-E393-413E-AA3A-1864BA8B5A5B.thumb.jpeg.eb31730b366e68b95d12b64bde05db19.jpeg74BBC6D7-EC12-4164-AA2E-F12BC02C9341.thumb.jpeg.0f34d3de572f966abeaa32f36d78e778.jpeg

One of my sons buds is going to NMU for football. Big tall defensive end. He will help their team big time. Great player and great kid. Seems like they recruit heavily in Chicago.

Four defensive linemen will be coming to NMU, as Omar Owenah from Chicago, Illinois, Eleuterio "Eli" Rivera of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Justin Gold of Wheeling, Illinois, and Hasan Jackson from Lansing, Illinois.  Owenah made the CPLCA All-Academic Team, was a four-time CPS Big Shoulders All-Conference honoree, and a two time CPFLCA All-City member.

Edited by Edmo

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One of my sons buds is going to NMU for football. Big tall defensive end. He will help their team big time. Great player and great kid.

My son had an offer to go to NMU but they were trying to steal him and we told them to go pound sand, that head coach has since been fired. NMU has been a doormat for a long time, hopefully he can help, one of my son's high school team mates plays defensive end for NMU.

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

One of my sons buds is going to NMU for football. Big tall defensive end. He will help their team big time. Great player and great kid. Seems like they recruit heavily in Chicago.

Four defensive linemen will be coming to NMU, as Omar Owenah from Chicago, Illinois, Eleuterio "Eli" Rivera of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Justin Gold of Wheeling, Illinois, and Hasan Jackson from Lansing, Illinois.  Owenah made the CPLCA All-Academic Team, was a four-time CPS Big Shoulders All-Conference honoree, and a two time CPFLCA All-City member.

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

My son had an offer to go to NMU but they were trying to steal him and we told them to go pound sand, that head coach has since been fired. NMU has been a doormat for a long time, hopefully he can help, one of my son's high school team mates plays defensive end for NMU.

They were decent back in my day....I know of two guys they played in The NFL...Jerry Woods and Chuck Klingbeil....of course my day was 30 years ago! :lol:

I remember you talking about that Chad and what a shitty experience it was...sounds like your son made the right choice. I will say the facilities on campus have improved quite a bit and of course it's a beautiful area...hopefully the football and hockey programs improve.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They were decent back in my day....I know of two guys they played in The NFL...Jerry Woods and Chuck Klingbeil....of course my day was 30 years ago! :lol:

I remember you talking about that Chad and what a shitty experience it was...sounds like your son made the right choice. I will say the facilities on campus have improved quite a bit and of course it's a beautiful area...hopefully the football and hockey programs improve.

Absolutely no doubt,campus, the dome, weight room, etc. were all top notch and Marquette is a beautiful area, I would have loved to have seen our son gone there but the head coach was the deal breaker. Not only that, Marquette is a hell of alot closer than Bemidji.  :lmao: