Air compressor

Yamadoo

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Repair is not an option - weld?

I think Princess sells tanks.

I don't think welding is a good idea.

Princess does not sell replacement tanks.

57 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Welding is fine , I have my dads old Brunner and developed holes prob 15 years ago . Welded up . Been fine since .

But princess dies sell them . 

Who welded  it.

I just called the Newmarket store.

They do not sell them.

Compressor.JPG

Weld that bitch.  From the location in the pic you posted, it's not like it's at the bottom and all rotted out.

Chemically strip an area 4-6" around that hole.  Tap all around the hole with a hammer and make sure there are no other soft spots.  Weld.

18 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Weld that bitch.  From the location in the pic you posted, it's not like it's at the bottom and all rotted out.

Chemically strip an area 4-6" around that hole.  Tap all around the hole with a hammer and make sure there are no other soft spots.  Weld.

I think that is the bottom, the tank might be laying down in the picture....looks like the drain is beside it.

No reason you cannot weld it though....unless as noted, the steel is weak all around that spot from the water sitting in the bottom of the tank.....reminds me, probably time to drain the water from my tank....

And I am sure I have seen tanks at PA.

Well, it didn't blow up.  It blew a small hole open.  Anyway, that's why we said to test/inspect it.  Open the hole larger and shove a borescope camera in there prior to welding, if you like.  If it's really bad, then condemn it.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:23 AM, Yamadoo said:

My 26 gal Husky has a hole at the bottom of the  vertical tank.

Does any one know where a replacement tank can be found.

I have a compressor at home in Newmarket you can have. It was left behind by a previous owner who did wood working for a living in the garage. Can't remember the make but it looks decent. PM if interested and I will take some pics.

1 hour ago, Slider said:

I have a compressor at home in Newmarket you can have. It was left behind by a previous owner who did wood working for a living in the garage. Can't remember the make but it looks decent. PM if interested and I will take some pics.

PM sent, thanks