Minneapolis city council vows to DISMANTLE police department

I was just reading about this on another site. Sounds good to me but I would expect this might accompany something not so appetizing... gun ban

Funny how everybody is all for busting unions, Teachers unions, govt unions, labor unions... How do you feel about this? 

https://reason.com/2020/06/03/its-time-to-bust-police-unions/?fbclid=IwAR3Q-7K4wO2uJjycobH3GFU1tlv2DVI3MkCf2T5wOc-CyahGCL2DJ1O4vt0

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was just reading about this on another site. Sounds good to me but I would expect this might accompany something not so appetizing... gun ban

Funny how everybody is all for busting unions, Teachers unions, govt unions, labor unions... How do you feel about this? 

https://reason.com/2020/06/03/its-time-to-bust-police-unions/?fbclid=IwAR3Q-7K4wO2uJjycobH3GFU1tlv2DVI3MkCf2T5wOc-CyahGCL2DJ1O4vt0

i am all for busting all unions besides trade unions.  They are the only ones i see that add any value to those they work for.  The rest are just about political power and protecting the wesk.  

44 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i am all for busting all unions besides trade unions.  They are the only ones i see that add any value to those they work for.  The rest are just about political power and protecting the wesk.  

These govt unions are the ones that are bankrupting cities and states so yeah fuck em. 

again bring it on . they want to see a shit show .let em have it . people will be begging for the police in less than 60 days . they just got a weeks worth of cops doing nothing . remind us all how well that went . 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

again bring it on . they want to see a shit show .let em have it . people will be begging for the police in less than 60 days . they just got a weeks worth of cops doing nothing . remind us all how well that went . 

And the cops think they have problems now.  LOL!  Imagine them stepping up in this situation to “restore order”.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

This is their way of saying they cant afford the police anymore. Private security will give rich people ample protection and let the less desirables kill themselves off. And less liability and bad press for the govt!

The whole area has been controlled by Democrats for decades.  They own this mess and better not be bailed out by the State of MN.  Reform the police department how they see fit and quit blaming others.  With a less visible police force the crime will certainly become rampant.

I got out of MSP/SP back in college after people kept breaking into my stuff.  Car window smashed and stereo stolen.  Garage broken into and tools stolen.  I noped right out of there and moved to the burbs.  Now I'm out on 5 acres within an hour of downtown Minneapolis.  That's close enough for me if I want to catch a Vikings or Wild game.

• Gold Member

I’m good with it...  hopefully there would be some protections built in for those that use self defense of persons and property....  but in the end if there is no police force or severely understaffed the protection would Prolly be built in and the give a fuck busted for those that remain in law enforcement.   I think it would also lead to the fall of these metropolis over time.