Drew Brees WTF?

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I guess then players union isn’t as good as The Teamsters at protecting workers. 

And imagine the dues they pay 'for protection'!

He sure got the shit end of that stick, eh? :lmao:

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Brees should not have apologized.   But in todays PC america he was afraid of losing millions.  SMH

he probably should have chosen his words more carefully to begin with, or simply said nothing at all. 

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Didn’t someone lose their job for kneeling? 

for being a distraction.    And lets set the record clear he was under contract and pulled the rip cord on it gambling he could make more.  He lost

Just now, Angry ginger said:

for being a distraction.    And lets set the record clear he was under contract and pulled the rip cord on it gambling he could make more.  He lost

I get someone's 'right' to kneel. I also get an owner's right to send that player packing. My opinion is don't use your place of employment as a platform for your political beliefs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I get someone's 'right' to kneel. I also get an owner's right to send that player packing. My opinion is don't use your place of employment as a platform for your political beliefs. 

Normal people think like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

And that's all that it was. But the narrative was somehow quite different now wasn't it?

And there are still people clinging to the BS 

The people that know him know he’s not a racist. It’s just an opinion FFS. Everyone needs to lighten up about this.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

You must admit that it was an excellent career choice on his part. Although he couldn’t have foreseen the Nike contract or speaking engagements that followed. Obviously he was willing to gamble it all for some strongly held beliefs. That’s some strong character. Drew on the other hand is weak weak weak. 

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

And imagine the dues they pay 'for protection'!

He sure got the shit end of that stick, eh? :lmao:

No shit...Goodell and The Owners pretty much told the union to pound sand on this one. 

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You must admit that it was an excellent career choice on his part. Although he couldn’t have foreseen the Nike contract or speaking engagements that followed. Obviously he was willing to gamble it all for some strongly held beliefs. That’s some strong character. Drew on the other hand is weak weak weak. 

i would actually agree,  Brees looks like a pussy after his apology.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would actually agree,  Brees looks like a pussy after his apology.  

his comments were stupid. Forget who it was but a retired black player was on one of the syndicated sports shows yesterday and he had a good comment. He was like I get what Brees' 'feels' when he hears the anthem and his tribute to his grandparents but this guy was like what about my grandfather? Who served in WWII and came home and was called a N_____  in the streets and denied service in restaurants in the south, what about him?

He made a pretty good point I thought. 

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Didn't Kapernick opt out of a pretty lucrative contract? So if true, he gave up his job would be more accurate? True or false?

He’s not a sell out like Brees. Stronger character. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He’s not a sell out like Brees. Stronger character. 

Maybe, but when Kapernick did his thing he knew he'd have the support of the left. I'd say he knew that there was going to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. My guess is that Brees just isn't that smart.

Edited by J. Jackson

2 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Maybe, but when Kapernick did his thing he knew he'd have the support of the left. I'd say he knew that there was going to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. My guess is that Brees just isn't that smart.

My guess is Brees's wife walked into the room and told him he's on his own cause she ain't going back to work waiting tables to pay the mortgage and taxes.:lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

his comments were stupid. Forget who it was but a retired black player was on one of the syndicated sports shows yesterday and he had a good comment. He was like I get what Brees' 'feels' when he hears the anthem and his tribute to his grandparents but this guy was like what about my grandfather? Who served in WWII and came home and was called a N_____  in the streets and denied service in restaurants in the south, what about him?

He made a pretty good point I thought. 

I kinda thought Brees included all former military in his words.  Maybe not though, I can't honestly remember it word for word.

I do like his idea of unity though.  He's right, there's not many things 30-40,000 people can stand in one area together and simultaneously do the same thing at one time together.

Edited by hayward

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

I kinda thought Brees included all former military in his words.  Maybe not though, I can't honestly remember it word for word.

point is the anthem can mean whatever  he wants it to mean for him. If it means something different to someone else that's their right too, and what his grandparents fought for which is the funny part of it all. 

8 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Wow. That’s some crystal ball that you have there. 

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Brees should not have apologized.   But in todays PC america he was afraid of losing millions.  SMH

The bad press is worse. If you are a public figure you really cant have a public opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

point is the anthem can mean whatever  he wants it to mean for him. If it means something different to someone else that's their right too, and what his grandparents fought for which is the funny part of it all. 

You're exactly right.  But for Jenkins and Lebron to critisize him for having his own beliefs isn't right either.  All he said was he basically has no respect for players that Neal during the anthem, and they in turn chastized him for not backing them up on the Nealing.  In each of they're own minds, they're both right.  

I guess he wishes now he wouldn't have said shit about it.  Some things are better left kept to thyself.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

The bad press is worse. If you are a public figure you really cant have a public opinion. 

Oh hell no.  They'll twist that thing into so many knots you'll never come out of it.  Who was the NFL player a year or two ago that went to the press conferance after a game and only answered "i'm just here so I don't get fined".  ?  That was brilliant cause I think they left him alone after that. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

What’s worse, not adhering to patriotic correctness or political correctness? I mean from a public wrath stand point? 

8 minutes ago, hayward said:

You're exactly right.  But for Jenkins and Lebron to critisize him for having his own beliefs isn't right either.  All he said was he basically has no respect for players that Neal during the anthem, and they in turn chastized him for not backing them up on the Nealing.  In each of they're own minds, they're both right.  

I guess he wishes now he wouldn't have said shit about it.  Some things are better left kept to thyself.

agreed