Trump Just Threatened The Media “Off The Record,” But They Leaked Everything

Trump Just Threatened The Media “Off The Record,” But They Leaked Everything

Posted on November 22, 2016

President-elect Donald Trump has waited longer than any general election winner in 24 years to hold his first press conference. In unusual fashion, the Republican instead held a confidential press conference, demanding to meet “off the record” with a large assembly of high-ranking mainstream media producers and news anchors. According to leaked reports, Trump crossed a red line at that meeting, by personally threatening the large assemblage, which included ABC’s David Muir, NBC’s Lester Holt and CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

Word of the secret presser leaked into the New York Post from two sources. The first source was probably from a Trump’s campaign, and spun the thin-skinned politician’s outbursts as macho, “like a f–ing firing squad.” Judging by the complete narrative with facts and written in complete sentences, The Post‘s second leak of Trump threatening the press was likely from a media source:

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong.’ He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars,” the source said.

“Trump didn’t say [NBC reporter] Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room.”

“[CBS Good Morning co-host Gayle] King did not stand up, but asked some question, ‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’ Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions. David Muir asked ‘How are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC? It was a horrible meeting.”

The New York Times reported that Trump had seriously played his corporate media audience, dangling an audience with the allure of access and a rapprochement for the nastiness of the campaign. Instead, the President-elect turned the meeting into a “shitshow:”

But after details of Mr. Trump’s hectoring leaked on Monday in The New York Post, it seemed the meeting was being used as a political prop, especially after Trump-friendly news outlets trumpeted the session as a take-no-prisoners move by a brave president-elect. “Trump Slams Media Elite, Face to Face,” blared the Drudge Report. “Trump Eats Press,” wrote Breitbart News.

The instant reaction of right-wing Trump media sources indicates that the entire meeting was just a setup to make the mainstream press a prop in his puppet show.

Frankly, these major media players should’ve known that Trump was looking to play them again, after their indulgent amounts of unfiltered coverage delivered him an electoral college victory. The only reason for such a meeting would be to ‘kiss and make up’ in exchange for access to Trump, whose machinations delivered high ratings and therefore dollars to those corporate networks.

Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple pointed out what a serious cop-out it was from the corporate media, to hold what amounts to a press conference then swear secrecy to the public, when the President’s press policy is an urgent matter of utmost national importance.

Trump lured dozens of these corporate media competitors together into a single room at Trump Tower for an “off the record” meeting, unusual in its size of audience and for the fact that his first press conference as President-elect was kept secret from the American people.

It’s notable that Donald Trump took advantage of that secrecy to deliver a tirade in the hopes of chilling the free press seeking to cover his every move, as every President has allowed since mass media’s invention.

America’s media must hold our President-elect to a higher standard, and giving him the privilege of an entire, confidential press conference with only the top reporters sets a horrendous standard for access by our free press to a new administration.

One could call it the end of the free press if those corporate media titans take this sitting down. The fact that CNN headlines blared “ALT-RIGHT FOUNDER QUESTIONS IF JEWS ARE PEOPLE” earlier today says that they might.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Obama Holds Off-The-Record Meeting with MSNBC Hosts, Fox News' Juan Williams

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obama-holds-record-meeting-msnbc-hosts-fox-news-juan-williams

MC's new favorite site is the extreme far left Occupy Democrats. :lmao: 

Trump Just Threatened The Media "Off The Record," But They Leaked ...

occupydemocrats.com/.../trump-just-threatened-media-off-record-leaked-everything/
7 hours ago - Trump Just Threatened The Media Off The Record,” But They Leaked Everything. By Grant Stern ... and written in complete sentences, The Post's second leak of Trump threateningthe press was likely from a media source:.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Obama Holds Off-The-Record Meeting with MSNBC Hosts, Fox News' Juan Williams

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obama-holds-record-meeting-msnbc-hosts-fox-news-juan-williams

MC's new favorite site is the extreme far left Occupy Democrats. :lmao: 

Trump Just Threatened The Media "Off The Record," But They Leaked ...

occupydemocrats.com/.../trump-just-threatened-media-off-record-leaked-everything/
7 hours ago - Trump Just Threatened The Media Off The Record,” But They Leaked Everything. By Grant Stern ... and written in complete sentences, The Post's second leak of Trump threateningthe press was likely from a media source:.

Highmark the meeting actually happened. Now care to comment on the Hilter esque actions of Trump?

Links-

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

Edited by Mainecat

"President-elect Donald Trump has waited longer than any general election winner in 24 years to hold his first press conference."

Wasn't a problem when Hillary went over 230 days without holding a press conference.  :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Highmark the meeting actually happened. Now care to comment on the Hilter esque actions of Trump?

Hitler esque? Trump doesn't want to torch a bunch of big nose jews, he wants to send some muslim extremists home. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Trump wants to control all the media. Sound familiar? This shit is unprecedented it really is.

Your going to stroke out if you keep this up. Calm down, relax and let things unfold AFTER he's taken office FFS 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Trump wants to control all the media. Sound familiar? This shit is unprecedented it really is.

Who gives a shit?? I mean seriously??

Its only hardcore libtards that believe any shit from the media anyway.

Liberals (and MC) are on the lying biased media bandwagon.  Say it isn't so! :lol:

Guess who are not and agree with Trump's statement?  Yep....all those that helped him bounce the Dems and their pandering lying asses out of power.

Good for Trump.  Oh yeah....we'll all "watch what happens".  Dems won't see power for another 20 years.  MC....you gonna make it?  Hell, not sure if I will...or want to.

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Links-

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

I fucking love it.   You're a complete MORON if you don't think the corp media has an agenda.   

Another reason Trump won.   He came on strong when he started bashing the MSM.   There are some of us MC that can see thru the media for what they are.   No surprise you cannot. 

No POTUS cried more than Obama when he felt the media wasn't on his side.   How come you never post anything when Obama or a dem was critical of FoxNews?

You do realize the wikileaks leaks show collusion between the MSM and the Clinton camp.   WTF do you expect him to do.

Bravo Mr. President Elect.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

I fucking love it.   You're a complete MORON if you don't think the corp media has an agenda.   

Another reason Trump won.   He came on strong when he started bashing the MSM.   There are some of us MC that can see thru the media for what they are.   No surprise you cannot. 

You notice the media rarely covered Trumps bashing of the media too?  Those "lock them up" chants were not just for the Hillary cronies.  I remember the first time the covered that and had their snide little remarks and the next day his numbers went up.  Coverage after that was sparse.  

Thanks MSMs!!!  Your liberal idiocy is really valued!  Keep up the good work!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, Trump should cozy up to the MSM.

1. Clinton Staff hosts private “off-the-record cocktail party” with 38 “influential” reporters, journalists, editors, and anchors (from 16 different mainstream media outlets including CNN, NBC, CBS, NYT, MSNBC, & more) with the stated goal of “framing the race.”

2. Donna Brazile (CNN contributor at the time, and current DNC Chairman now) leaked CNN town hall questions to Hillary Clinton’s staff prior to the debate.

3. Clinton campaign and the New York Times coordinating attack strategy against Trump.

4. Glen Thrush, POLITICO’s chief political correspondent and senior staff writer for POLITICO Magazine, sends John Podesta an article for his approval. Writes: “Please don’t share or tell anyone I did this. Tell me if I fucked up anything.”

5. Huffington Post contributor Frank Islam writes to John Podesta in an email titled “My blogs in the Huffington Post”, says “I am committed to make sure she is elected the next president.” “Please let me know if I can be of any service to you.”

6. Clinton staffer “Placing a story” with Politico / New York Times: “place a story with a friendly journalist” “we have a very good relationship with Maggie Haberman of Politico” “we should shape likely leaks in the best light for HRC.”

7. John Podesta receiving drafts of New York Times articles before they’re published.

Clinton staff “placing a story with a friendly at the AP (Matt Lee or Bradley Klapper).”

More media collusion: NYT and AP “helpful” to Clinton campaign.

8. Clinton staff colluding with New York Times and Wall Street Journal to paint Hillary’s economic policies in a “progressive” light.

9. CNBC panelist colluding with John Podesta on what to ask Trump when he calls in for an interview.

10. Clinton staff appearing to control the release times of Associated Press articles.

The reality revealed in these emails is one of media collusion with powerful interests, which only serve to keep the American people in the dark about what is actually transpiring. The exact opposite of transparency.

Please share this article to wake people up to the fact that their news is scripted by powerful entities as a means of influencing people’s perceptions!

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wikileaks-10-most-damning-clinton-emails-media/#oPTWGfABYKA2oDb9.99

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

1. Clinton Staff hosts private “off-the-record cocktail party” with 38 “influential” reporters, journalists, editors, and anchors (from 16 different mainstream media outlets including CNN, NBC, CBS, NYT, MSNBC, & more) with the stated goal of “framing the race.”

2. Donna Brazile (CNN contributor at the time, and current DNC Chairman now) leaked CNN town hall questions to Hillary Clinton’s staff prior to the debate.

3. Clinton campaign and the New York Times coordinating attack strategy against Trump.

4. Glen Thrush, POLITICO’s chief political correspondent and senior staff writer for POLITICO Magazine, sends John Podesta an article for his approval. Writes: “Please don’t share or tell anyone I did this. Tell me if I fucked up anything.”

5. Huffington Post contributor Frank Islam writes to John Podesta in an email titled “My blogs in the Huffington Post”, says “I am committed to make sure she is elected the next president.” “Please let me know if I can be of any service to you.”

6. Clinton staffer “Placing a story” with Politico / New York Times: “place a story with a friendly journalist” “we have a very good relationship with Maggie Haberman of Politico” “we should shape likely leaks in the best light for HRC.”

7. John Podesta receiving drafts of New York Times articles before they’re published.

Clinton staff “placing a story with a friendly at the AP (Matt Lee or Bradley Klapper).”

8. Clinton staff colluding with New York Times and Wall Street Journal to paint Hillary’s economic policies in a “progressive” light.

9. CNBC panelist colluding with John Podesta on what to ask Trump when he calls in for an interview.

10. Clinton staff appearing to control the release times of Associated Press articles.

The reality revealed in these emails is one of media collusion with powerful interests, which only serve to keep the American people in the dark about what is actually transpiring. The exact opposite of transparency.

Please share this article to wake people up to the fact that their news is scripted by powerful entities as a means of influencing people’s perceptions!

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wikileaks-10-most-damning-clinton-emails-media/#oPTWGfABYKA2oDb9.99

The MSM!

Image result for wizard of oz the wizard

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump is a egomaniac plain and simple. But hey you guys support him...lmao

Post the link you frail example of a bag of bones.

Are you really so sackless you continue to fuck over the forum without your linked pieces of shit?