Should Wynne Step Down

02sled

Should Kathleen Wynne step down. On the weekend she says high electricity prices were her mistake

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/11/19/premier-wynne-calls-high-electricity-prices-her-mistake.html

One hell of a mistake. Everyone including the Auditor General has been pointing out the screwed up hydro costs in Ontario for a few years now. Does Wynne need to be hit over the head with a hammer to realize it is screwed up or is it just her almost single digit approval rate that is threatening her job that has caused her to suddenly have an epiphany.

Isn't it great...

• For those of us in this room who buy our power from Toronto Hydro, your hydro bill is 18% higher than it was at the same time just last year. To put that in context of the wider economy, that’s 9 and a half times the rate of inflation in Ontario.
  • If we go further back than just this last year and look at the price we pay generators for the power they produce — that includes everything from nuclear reactors to industrial wind farms — the situation is no better.
  • For example, over the last decade, the price charged consumers to use power in off-peak hours has increased by 149% — or about 8 times the rate of inflation. The peak price for power over the last decade has increased by more than 70% — or more than 3 and a half times the rate inflation.
  • Wages in Ontario over the last decade have increased by about 27% or about one third the rate of hydro bills in Toronto.

Now we are selling surplus power to other jurisdictions at a loss which is incentive for business to relocate OUT OF ONTARIO to those places that charge less for Ontario generated power than they would pay in Ontario

The wheel goes round and round.

She has said nothing about cap & trade.... She tries to be humble, garner your sympathy and forgiveness by a display of contrition. She rolls back the 8% provincial portion of HST in January.... hold me back... I can take my wife to dinner once a year. But then she will recover that and more through cap & trade. Net result nobody but nobody will see a reduction in their monthly expenses.

• Like 1

I'd love to see her & the Fiberals go down in flames on election night. Resigning is the coward's way out. Like I said in another post, when will the rats start jumping off the sinking ship?

For her not to know what was going on concerning discussions w/ Olivier in Sudbury is ludicrous. As if Sorbara & Lougheed acted w/o direction from "above". Like Nixon didn't know what his underlings were doing.

If she doesn't go to jail, hopefully her & her rug muncher partner crawl back under a rock, never to be seen or heard from again!

Edited by revrnd

Good report on CTV tonight how a Scarboro coatings company's hydro bills have been rising w/ delivery changes & global adjustment portions being the larger portion of the bill compared to the actual hydro used. Owner says she's been contacted by US jurisdictions about moving. If the federal & provincial Fiberals continue w/ their delusional ways, we'll live a magic utopia, but everyone will be in the poor house.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3170730

(not sure if you'll be able to view it)

Edited by revrnd

How many years, how many jobs lost and how many businesses closed or moved will it take for Wynnebag and or Truedope to say cap & trade was a mistake. 

Like the woman in the video said they get calls from US jurisdictions that want them there saying they will help them move and provide financial incentives. Meanwhile Wynnebag pushes business out. 

The ACL business owners must be homophobes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

I wonder what kind of tax break or incentive we can get for running a transgender warehouse?

i am sure i can get my shipper to dress like a woman during the qualifying process if i give him a raise.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Wynnebag will fund his/her operation and give you a couple of $M if the whole operation goes LGBT. Raise the rainbow flag should be good for at least $200K

I'm surprised that under her administration the hiring of LGBTQ2S people (or other target groups) hasn't been a condition of getting money from the gov't. Every announcement she makes has some connection to the LGBT community or "fight against climate change". No wonder the province is screwed the idgits are so focused on this nonsense anything else escapes them.

I remember back in the 90s during Bob Rae's reign of terror. During a club meeting, our treasurer was giving her report. An executive asked about the 1000 buck Wintario grant that we applied for & got each year. She told us we no longer qualified as the rules had been tightened up. A comment was made that if we could get a pic of a black lesbian in a wheelchair getting on asled & going for a ride, we'd get a blank check. Probably not far from the truth.

Edited by revrnd

Truedope now has requirements for people doing work for the feds

The Federal Contractors Program (FCP) ensures that contractors who do business with the Government of Canada seek to achieve and maintain a workforce that is representative of the Canadian workforce, including members of the four designated groups under the Employment Equity Act.

• women
  • Aboriginal peoples
  • persons with disabilities
  • members of visible minorities

Pity the company that can't find people that fit this criteria. So much for hiring on merit.

After I started my apprenticeship the next group had an FN apprentice. After a few weeks I noticed his tool box was missing. This was odd because the "class" hadn't been assigned to the various departments in the plant. I asked 1 of the apprentices in that group. He said they had fired him due to a bad attitude. The other apprentice said he wouldn't be missed.

About the same time 2 journeymen were hired. One was a white Canadian & the other a black Jamaican The white guy was fired due to his drinking (before his probationary period was over). The black guy who was well liked by the guys retired a few years before me.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Pity the company that can't find people that fit this criteria. So much for hiring on merit.

After I started my apprenticeship the next group had an FN apprentice. After a few weeks I noticed his tool box was missing. This was odd because the "class" hadn't been assigned to the various departments in the plant. I asked 1 of the apprentices in that group. He said they had fired him due to a bad attitude. The other apprentice said he wouldn't be missed.

About the same time 2 journeymen were hired. One was a white Canadian & the other a black Jamaican The white guy was fired due to his drinking (before his probationary period was over). The black guy who was well liked by the guys retired a few years before me.

Everyone should be hired and fired based on personal merit and the quality of the job they do. Not because of the colour of their skin, their gender, ethnic background. Lazy non productive people should be replaced with those who want to work rather than having a union say you can't fire that person even if they don't do a good job.

We had a few contracts with Ontario agencies and the Canadian government. They had a whole bunch of forms for me to fill out identifying the complexion of our staff. If it was based on our data centre staff alone we would have been in trouble. Not enough women for a start but they looked at the company as a whole so it wasn't a problem.

Edited by 02sled

55 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Squishy was the one who fucked up all the hydro bullshit she just kept trying to shine the turd that he made :guzzle: 

and she kept increasing the rates over and over.... the Minister of Energy tells the Auditor General who repeatedly says we are getting robbed on hydro that it is too complicated for her to understand... she keeps turning a deaf ear to people and business saying they can't afford the costs she is burdening us with and she laughs until her approval rating is in the toilet and suddenly wakes up

too little too late.... my hydro for the past 2 months is up 27% from the same period last year and yet my consumption is down slightly.... wow I can hardly wait for the 8% portion of the HST to come off just in time for cap & trade to be added on.... which the government already decided will be just buried in the bill rather than itemized separately

Edited by 02sled

Today I had to go to Home Depot. As I approached the entrance, I noticed a driver looking for a parking space. I flagged the driver and pointed out a handicap parking space that was open and available. The driver looked puzzled, rolled down her window and said, "I'm not handicapped!" Well, as you can imagine, my face was red!
"Oh, I'm sorry," I said. "I saw your "I love Kathleen Wynne" bumper sticker and just assumed that you suffer from a mental disorder."

She gave me the finger and screamed some nasty names at me. Boy! Some people don't appreciate it when you're just trying to help them out!

• Like 2