FSCE Shop Talk

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Here is a link.  I guess the Craftsman one is $25, with the VIM and Lisle brands running around $35, Proto around $60, and Snap-On your first child and 3 fingers.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-impact-driver/p-00947641000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Thanks. I believe I have seen them before actually.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-impact-driver/p-00947641000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2#Imagezoom

21 minutes ago, Legend said:

yeah Ive used an Impact screwdriver plenty of times, but new gadgets are always cool. 

The trouble I run into is I have pretty much 2-3 sets of tools, and once I add something to one, I think it would be pretty nice to have a second or even third item, depending on the item.  

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have those plastic hanging bins and looking for a way to hang them?  Some 1x4's, 3' sections of tracking, and a handful of screws and you are in business.  

If you have a Menards, you can usually find the small red bins from Akro Mills for free after mail-in rebate, the tracking is about $3 a section, and you probably have 1x4's and screws laying around.  

Edit: NOT my idea, shamelessly plan on stealing it for my own use when I get around to it.

Rack1.jpg

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 9:19 AM, racinfarmer said:

Here is a link.  I guess the Craftsman one is $25, with the VIM and Lisle brands running around $35, Proto around $60, and Snap-On your first child and 3 fingers.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-impact-driver/p-00947641000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

i have 2 a mac and a sears. back when motorcycles were put together with Phillips screws they were a must have. now i dont use them but once every couple yrs 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

One of the pole-fancies on another forum scored up 13 Lista toolboxes.

Why can't I get this lucky?

a6a038a18ebe70538a722be112138fef.jpg

Damn I'd like just one of those for my place. Are any of them for sale? 

On a brighter note..... I snapped off an M6 x 1.00 tap on a crankcase yesterday. A bitch to get out:bashhead:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Damn I'd like just one of those for my place. Are any of them for sale? 

On a brighter note..... I snapped off an M6 x 1.00 tap on a crankcase yesterday. A bitch to get out:bashhead:

The guy is in New England and bought them for $300 each, less then 10% of new.  I'd like just 2 or 3 of them myself.  

• 1 month later...

The garage is now almost all LED lighting thanks to Menards.  Only non-LED lights left are the lights in the garage door openers.  

If you guys want to try it on the cheap, Menards currently has 3650 lumen 46" LED light strips on sale for $24.99 and an addition $10 mail in rebate, limit 2, making the first 2 $14.99 each. 

They are pretty good for the money, probably the best value to try LED shop lighting with, or put a couple LED's in a place you weren't going to before.  

Also, if any of you are cheap bastards like me, and I know you are, 6 pack holders make excellent aerosol can holders.  Organize them by use, color, etc and you can grab the 6 pack and transport it to where you need it.  

• 2 weeks later...

My home office has been turned into a bike shop to put new tires on two bikes.  I didn't realize bike tires are so spendy for relatively brand name ones.  $50 each is the cheapest I found at the local bike shops!

21 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You're bitching about $50? Jeezsus, you are a cheap fuck :flush:

x4 tires.

11924767_1657539861154491_54500125887033

12 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Didn't they used to be $12 at the hardware store? Guess I haven't bought a bike tire in over 25 years.

The cheap ones at Wal-Mart or Fleet Farm are about that, maybe a bit cheaper.  

12 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i want a set of hybrid tires for my mountain bike for when i ride on the street but they are stupid money for decent ones.  

Like I said, I was surprised.  I was expecting maybe $50 for the really expensive ones and $30 for the ones I was after.