FSCE Shop Talk

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Co-worker bought one of those.  Broke within a few months.

Yup!  Mine wasn’t as much but 6 months in, we had service on speed dial.  At 18 months I was opening an ice cold Samsung that lasted years before I moved and left it.  Also left that shit-assed pair of high dollar front washer/dryer loaders also.  Sweet fuck!!!  

More expensive doesn’t always mean better.  In fact, rarely in my experience.

I bought commercial washer and drier,with out the coin option for my last house. Will probably do the same when the ones I pulled out of my wife’s condo crap out.  The front load washer she bought has been bulletproof for over 10 years though?  I think the dryer got replaced a few years ago with a base model commercial one a few years ago? Can’t remember? I try to stay out of the laundry room!:ashamed:

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Then they are going back through the showroom window f7ben style!!!!

:lol: part it out 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Rule #1

Fuck front loads!

My wife wanted front end loaders when we moved into the new house.  So far so good.  Just have to spend an little more $ and get better ones 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Just trying to decide what the leastest piece of shit is.  The place we went does package deals on LG stuff, but I don't know anymore...

The only appliances I've bought for the last 20 years are whatever Menards has on sale cheap that will fit in the spot. They all still work very well with a few cheap minor repairs.

There is roughly a 10 yr life cycle on appliances today. They are purposely built that way. If you get anything over that you are doing well but its only a matter of time. 

Lifespan Of Major Appliances Not What It Used To Be

https://www.courant.com/ctnow/family/hc-cthome-lifespan-of-household-appliances-20170112-story.html

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: part it out 

My wife wanted front end loaders when we moved into the new house.  So far so good.  Just have to spend an little more $ and get better ones 

Just wait until the mold start in the door seal.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

What’s neat is, the seal will fail flooding your house and downstairs to alert you that there is mold on it.  Thus, allowing mold to grows between your walls and floors.  What a great warning system!

Patent pending!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My front load GE's have been great for 13 years. I do maintain my appliances though. I go through the washer and dryer every spring, have my son help me so he knows how to do the same in his future..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My front load GE's have been great for 13 years. I do maintain my appliances though. I go through the washer and dryer every spring, have my son help me so he knows how to do the same in his future..

Ours are over 20 years now, all good.

10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ours are over 20 years now, all good.

Ours didn't make it 2 years before the seal had some kind of mold on it we couldn't remove without replacing the seal.  2 years later after a new seal, same thing.  2 years later - curb.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

my original maytag neptune front loaders were awesome. had it 20 years.  new top load is not as good.  Still running the neptune dryer though  

Parents just replaced their dryer.

Maytag, 1978, mustard yellow.

3 kids. That fucker was iron!. Washer still going!!

• 2 weeks later...