FSCE Shop Talk

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The used Nitro I picked up has a 1.5 141” cobra, that appears to be new?  I plan on staying out of the trees with it,but hope it’s going to push the pig down logging roads?

I don't want to be in the trees much either, this thing is no RMK, but for the unplowed logging roads with 3-4 feet of fresh pow, the extra traction should be sweet.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Me too, usually.  I'm a bit of a tool snob.

I'm a tool snob.  Snap-Off stuff is too stuffy for me.  Give me a good old Wright or a Nepros ratchet or something and a big ole Lista or Rousseau box.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm a tool snob.  Snap-Off stuff is too stuffy for me.  Give me a good old Wright or a Nepros ratchet or something and a big ole Lista or Rousseau box.  

I have some Snap-On stuff but not alot.  Mostly look for quality tools made in the US or Taiwan.  Have some Harbor Feeight stuff too that honestly works pretty well considering the price point.

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I have some Snap-On stuff but not alot.  Mostly look for quality tools made in the US or Taiwan.  Have some Harbor Feeight stuff too that honestly works pretty well considering the price point.

My old man was an old school Craftsman Tool guy so, that’s what he started buying me when I was in my early teens to go with a nice assortment of hand me down tools he started me on.  I pretty much stayed with them.  All my stuff is at least 20 years old now and, never had an issue and it’s been beat on, torqued and run on multiple pneumatic tools.  It’s good stuff, IMO.  I’ve been slowly adding other brands to the mix but Snap on, Mac or any of that other stuff isn’t making it into my box.  I just don’t see the price point of that stuff being worth it.  I’ve got friends that have a lot of it and they are now saying the same.  There’s great tools out there everywhere if you do a bit of research.

Quick funny, I lost a buddy’s 1/8” universal Snap-On socket somewhere in my Doo years ago.  So, I bought him a new one.  $45 god damn bucks!  He laughed and said I should have just gone to HD and spent $9 for a Husky brand one...they were just as good.  :wall:

Pros use snap on because the truck comes to us, I would not want to think how much of my life would be wasted waiting in line to warranty broken tools at a box store or auto parts place.  But for the average guy, yeah there are lower cost alternatives that will get the job done.

13 hours ago, stealth bomber said:

Pros use snap on because the truck comes to us, I would not want to think how much of my life would be wasted waiting in line to warranty broken tools at a box store or auto parts place.  But for the average guy, yeah there are lower cost alternatives that will get the job done.

I had "mechanics" at my last job try that on me.  I told them I could get 10 HF ratchets for their 1 Snap-On one and I'd warranty it when I would go home.  

One of them fuckers had the gall to tell me he wouldn't work with anything buy Snap-On in a meeting.  I told him to go wheel his toolbox into the conference room and we'll go through all his Snap-On tools to see what we needed.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Snowmobile season starts Friday at Princeton. 

¿¿¿What useless shyt will I come home with this year???

A snowmobile, probably. 

I have Friday off but thought about going to the state fair with the wife.  Maybe Princeton on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Floor & trunk done. All washed up. Drying before put cover on.

New 4 post lift ordered!

IMG_20190822_171630.jpg

IMG_20190822_181203.jpg

Very nice, AK, :bc:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

A snowmobile, probably. 

I have Friday off but thought about going to the state fair with the wife.  Maybe Princeton on Saturday.

I'm smrtarar than that!  I drive a caah to Princeton and call it my restrictor plate.  

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, Woodtick said:

The used Nitro I picked up has a 1.5 141” cobra, that appears to be new?  I plan on staying out of the trees with it,but hope it’s going to push the pig down logging roads?

This stuff showed up today.  1.75” track, one less tooth on top and stiffer springs.  New Pilot 6.9s..shaper bars coming.  First oil change done.  Kudos to Ski doo for engineering things so its an easy job.  Cat and Yam 4 strokes were a pain in the balls

44BE4B5A-7D33-4723-9FF2-869C9D91757C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

This stuff showed up today.  1.75” track, one less tooth on top and stiffer springs.  New Pilot 6.9s..shaper bars coming.  First oil change done.  Kudos to Ski doo for engineering things so its an easy job.  Cat and Yam 4 strokes were a pain in the balls

What size shapers you running?

I need something for my ds2s.

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I've always run Woody's, how do you like the shaper bars assuming you've run them on previous sleds?  

Just now, Kev144 said:

I've always run Woody's, how do you like the shaper bars assuming you've run them on previous sleds?  

Ive had them on several sleds.  Short of Bergstroms, I like them the best.  I ran woody dualies on my SKS because thats all the dealer had the day I needed them, and hated them.  Woodys executives are a nice carbide though, I cant knock them.  :bc: 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ive had them on several sleds.  Short of Bergstroms, I like them the best.  I ran woody dualies on my SKS because thats all the dealer had the day I needed them, and hated them.  Woodys executives are a nice carbide though, I cant knock them.  :bc: 

The executives are the ones I ran but I'd like to try the shaper bars maybe this year :bc: