FSCE Shop Talk

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sweet trailer!  There was another tiny one around here with ski holes poked through the front.  Props for it being "enclosed" though.  :lol: 

The optional Arctic Cat recovery winch is a nice touch.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:13 AM, Zambroski said:

Sweet trailer!  There was another tiny one around here with ski holes poked through the front.  Props for it being "enclosed" though.  :lol: 

On 5/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, Big Crappie said:

The optional Arctic Cat recovery winch is a nice touch.

Is a $100 offer insultingly low enough?

FINALLY got my Horrible Fraught sorting funnel!  The guy at the checkout said they only get 4 or 5 in at a time and usually whoever finds them first buys the whole stack.

Also went slumming it to a "everything has to go" sale and drug home a old FXR race shell for $5 and a Callaway 7 wood for $3.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I bought a couple sets of Ratcheting Box Wrenches yesterday at the local farm store...Master Mechanic brand....I realize they aren't made in the USA but I was trying to support a local business. It did get me thinking just now about what tools are Made In The USA specifically ratchets, sockets, wrenches, etc....I googled and it seems there is a lot of confusion out there about who makes what for who so any ideas? 

BTW I tried to redeem myself today  by buying 20 bags of Michigan Made Cedar Mulch.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I bought a couple sets of Ratcheting Box Wrenches yesterday at the local farm store...Master Mechanic brand....I realize they aren't made in the USA but I was trying to support a local business. It did get me thinking just now about what tools are Made In The USA specifically ratchets, sockets, wrenches, etc....I googled and it seems there is a lot of confusion out there about who makes what for who so any ideas? 

BTW I tried to redeem myself today  by buying 20 bags of Michigan Made Cedar Mulch.

A lot of your "traditional" brands are still made in the US for the most part.  SK, Proto, Snap-On, etc.  Basically if it is made in the US, they'll make a point to have that prominently displayed on the package.  

They are usually not cheap.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

A lot of your "traditional" brands are still made in the US for the most part.  SK, Proto, Snap-On, etc.  Basically if it is made in the US, they'll make a point to have that prominently displayed on the package.  

They are usually not cheap.  

All my Dewalt were US made but my last “toy” didn’t have the big “Made in USA” patch on it so I went and checked....MUTHA FUCKA!  Kicked in the grapes!  Wtf?

978360C9-D5A0-4612-A36C-0D096AC7959B.jpeg

ADAC79B7-7633-4F9B-A53F-D5EB5BBC968A.jpeg

• Haha 1

See...it's a goddamned shell game!!   

Found this place and RF nailed it....150 bucks for a crescent wrench....yikes! 

https://www.toolbarn.com/usa-made-tools/

https://www.toolbarn.com/brands/wright/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

See...it's a goddamned shell game!!   

Found this place and RF nailed it....150 bucks for a crescent wrench....yikes! 

I've never bought a new crescent wrench.  I think the most I've paid was $10 or $20 at a garage sale for a 18 incher Diamalloy.  

• Like 1

I just bought two wire wheels for the angle grinder. Menards has a decent amount of made in USA stuff. The wheels were twice as much as the China junk. If I would have had to buy 4 cheap ones .

Tried to use my new Depstech endoscope/camera thing today.  Downloaded the required app and it doesn't even fucking work. App crashes before it even tries to launch on 4 different devices.

Skip buying one of these pieces of shit.  

• 2 weeks later...

A friend and I were talking a week or two ago about what original theme we'd go with if we'd do the 24 Hours of LeMons again.

We decided on Spy vs. Spy.

24 Hours of LeMons posted this on their Facebook page 5 minutes ago...

60647055_10156655128189495_4627666599598

60871982_10156655128129495_2594295808836

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Decided I needed a home gamer pressure washer.  Hopefully this one lasts as long as the last one.  

IMG_20190527_200531[1].jpg

Let me know how that pressure washer works. Getting sick of cleaning a carb everytime I want to use mine.

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Let me know how that pressure washer works. Getting sick of cleaning a carb everytime I want to use mine.

I have been looking for another electric,  so much easier to deal with.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I have been looking for another electric,  so much easier to deal with.  

I’ve bought two in the last two years for simply that reason.  One was a complete joke and I wrapped it up and brought I back.  The other I gave away.  The power of gas is hard to compete with....I just don’t want another one taking up space so I can use it every other year.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve bought two in the last two years for simply that reason.  One was a complete joke and I wrapped it up and brought I back.  The other I gave away.  The power of gas is hard to compete with....I just don’t want another one taking up space so I can use it every other year.

i used to just borrow a gas powered one but my neighbor moved so i've been looking.  I had one electric i used to use for just washing cars and my boats and it was fine but got frozen.  I need to powerwash my shed but beyond that the new one will be used for cars mostly.  

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I have one with a Honda engine that I've had for 6 years now, never touched the carb and she fires up and purrs like a kitten every time I use it.

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i used to just borrow a gas powered one but my neighbor moved so i've been looking.  I had one electric i used to use for just washing cars and my boats and it was fine but got frozen.  I need to powerwash my shed but beyond that the new one will be used for cars mostly.  

I think an electric is fine for stuff like that.  But anything more and they struggle.  I learned a bit on how important the GPM was instead of the psi rating.  Sure, I can get 2500 psi out of it but it will be a pin-thin stream that won’t reach the top of my facia for more than a misting.

I’ll end up with another gas, I just need the right project to propel me into it.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think an electric is fine for stuff like that.  But anything more and they struggle.  I learned a bit on how important the GPM was instead of the psi rating.  Sure, I can get 2500 psi out of it but it will be a pin-thin stream that won’t reach the top of my facia for more than a misting.

I’ll end up with another gas, I just need the right project to propel me into it.

thats usually when i buy shit,  fortunately my house doesn't get anything growing on it,  sheds under some trees so it does.  I need to do some serious cleaning on this kia i picked up for the boy so I am prob going to pick something up this week to clean the car well so I can start the paint on Saturday and at least get out all the scuffs and scratches and the shit ton of tar and bugs off to see if it can be PDR'd or will need more bodywork.