FSCE Shop Talk

Sitting around scratching my ass in the garage this evening pondering stuff.

If I go to Princeton, what kind of useless shit do I need to get?

Do I fix the snowblower and huck it for cheap, or keep it around another year only to have it not work the one time I want to use it?

Why does the push more blow blue smoke like a rich running Wankel?

Haydays, or not?

Z120, or ZR200?

How exactly is a rainbow made? 

How exactly does the sun set? 

How exactly does the Posi-Trac rear end on a Plymouth work?

Edited by racinfarmer

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Sitting around scratching my ass in the garage this evening pondering stuff.

If I go to Princeton, what kind of useless shit do I need to get?

Do I fix the snowblower and huck it for cheap, or keep it around another year only to have it not work the one time I want to use it?

Why does the push more blow blue smoke like a rich running Wankel?

Haydays, or not?

Z120, or ZR200?

How exactly is a rainbow made? 

How exactly does the sun set? 

How exactly does the Posi-Trac rear end on a Plymouth work?

Is a dogs mouth cleaner then a humans.

Day 2 at Princeton.  Kind of a bum year, but did manage to drag home 2 more NOZZZ GP246 condensers, a set of leaf spring wear plates, another set of GP292 piston rings and c clips, some handgaurds and mounts, and the Bible According to Fowler.  

Also scored but not pictured a pair of nice Steffes aftermarket Yamaha skis and a Arctiva coat and bibs for the boy.  

IMG_20180825_170058015[1].jpg

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Haha 1

For those of you looking for something handy, here is a pair of Utica branded parallel pliers.  Paid a whole dollhair for them.

Also found a Tilly screw on fuel filter and really thin HD carb spacer in my pocket this morning.  #Princeton2018

IMG_20180826_115630512_HDR[1].jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Freebie!

Neal

Well, then I stopped at a random tool sale on my way home...

Seriously just a piece of plywood on the side of the road with "tool sale" painted on it.

I could have dug for hours.  This was maybe 30 minutes of digging and plan on taking that way home from work on Friday to dig some more, if he is open.

IMG_20180915_173109077[1].jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Well, then I stopped at a random tool sale on my way home...

Seriously just a piece of plywood on the side of the road with "tool sale" painted on it.

I could have dug for hours.  This was maybe 30 minutes of digging and plan on taking that way home from work on Friday to dig some more, if he is open.

IMG_20180915_173109077[1].jpg

Good haul!

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Good haul!

Neal

Like I said, I plan to go back.  I found a small hoard of micrometers from Lufkin and Brown and Sharp that I forgot to ask a price on.  

Guy used to be a millwright.  3 garage bays full of stuff!

This guy just listed up a 2010 Sno-Pro 600 in the FB.  The following is the description, and as I'm reading it, all I can think is "Try not to be a dick, try not to be a dick, try not to be a dick..."

Just testing to see what's out there for trades!!! Been sitting for two years 
I got a 2010 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 600 race sled Trail converted lots of aftermarket parts.... 2half inch paddle parts high compression domes Camp Springs Fox stud boy track and studs vforce 3 reeds timing switch 32 to 1 aftermarket clutches team racing motor has 635 miles C&A skis ECU is flashed for trail but it still has racing Tunes with it.....I'm sure forgetting something......looking to get $4,000 or best offer or equal trade please keep your bullshit to a minimum.... things im looking to trade, truck, 4x4 maybe quad, fish house

Tonight's project, get the furnace running.  Another season change, another problem with our Lux brand thermostat.  About ready to take it into the garage and smash it.

If any of you are looking for a new thermostat and are thinking about a Lux brand, skip it.  

Fall check in to FS.  Took the summer off from the interwebs, no forums!  I feel like a decent, better person!

No major projects to report other than a truck I picked up, a 1 owner '94 F-150 4x4 with only 97K on it.  Fixed all the little things, now I just ordered suspension and steering stuff yesterday.  2 inches in the front springs and add-a-leafs in the rear.  All new ball joints, drag links, and tie rods as well.  She's gonna be a looker though.

Bought a new RZR this summer too and picked up a sled for this winter, a 2013 XP 600 carb.

• 1 month later...