FSCE Shop Talk

38 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I used Deep Creep for many years, then @n2oiroc turned me on to the Aerokroil, both are good :bc: 

I think it is good stuff myself.  Some question how good it is.  Wish it was available at a normal store and priced a little better.  Have a bottle of regular Kroil and the AeroKroil.  

I probably use PB Blaster the most.

22 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think it is good stuff myself.  Some question how good it is.  Wish it was available at a normal store and priced a little better.  Have a bottle of regular Kroil and the AeroKroil.  

I probably use PB Blaster the most.

I have all three in the Cat Cave, it's hard to beat PB at $3.98 a bottle.

https://www.amazon.com/Blaster-16-PB-Penetrating-Catalyst-11-Ounces/dp/B000I2079E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1527982661&sr=8-6&keywords=aerokroil

15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here have Ikea's LED under the cabinet/shelf LED light strips?  Thinking about putting them in our kitchen.

They are OK.  Not high end LEDs.  I know LEDs are not supposed to fade.  I swear that our lights are getting dimmer.  Could be old age. 😙

Have quite a few different LED lights around the place.  The light color selection is big.  Also opt for the better LED if you are "using" the light.  Under cabinet lighting around here doesn't get used as much, so they work for that application.  I do prefer better lighting for work areas.

So the wifey has some tools that she brought across the pond.  Her father wanted her to have good stuff of her own.

She has a set of Witte Triax 1000v screwdrivers that are impressive.  It is almost embarrassing.  I have always tried to have decent tools and those were hard to beat.

Also have a set of pipe wrenches I inherited from her father.  Schneider Klein is the name.  They are amazing.  I have never seen them over here.  Closest I could find.

https://www.kctoolco.com/knipex-83-30-020-21-3-pipe-wrench-s-type/

They do grip well.  Although, it would be tough to add leverage with a long pipe thrown onto the handle. 😉

On 6/1/2018 at 8:38 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Let this stuff work on it overnight, it will cut through the oxidation.

Image result for aerokroil

image.jpeg

Trane after market supply in Tinley has it on their shelf. There is nothing better.

8 hours ago, favoritos said:

They are OK.  Not high end LEDs.  I know LEDs are not supposed to fade.  I swear that our lights are getting dimmer.  Could be old age. 😙

Have quite a few different LED lights around the place.  The light color selection is big.  Also opt for the better LED if you are "using" the light.  Under cabinet lighting around here doesn't get used as much, so they work for that application.  I do prefer better lighting for work areas.

Good to know.  We want to dress up the house a bit, but not spend a ton of money on it.  We were going to list it this spring with the intention of moving home.  Kind of want to move to a different part of this area, but don't want to if we move again in a year or two.  

8 hours ago, favoritos said:

So the wifey has some tools that she brought across the pond.  Her father wanted her to have good stuff of her own.

She has a set of Witte Triax 1000v screwdrivers that are impressive.  It is almost embarrassing.  I have always tried to have decent tools and those were hard to beat.

Also have a set of pipe wrenches I inherited from her father.  Schneider Klein is the name.  They are amazing.  I have never seen them over here.  Closest I could find.

https://www.kctoolco.com/knipex-83-30-020-21-3-pipe-wrench-s-type/

They do grip well.  Although, it would be tough to add leverage with a long pipe thrown onto the handle. 😉

European and Japanese tools are pretty kick ass.  My dad has some Nepros ratchets.  Snap-on can suck a dick after using those.  

6 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Trane after market supply in Tinley has it on their shelf. There is nothing better.

I've seen it on tool trucks, but not on store shelves.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Wasn't going to have a riding mower anymore, until I found a good deal on one. 

Project begins, maybe?  Changed oil/filter, new spark plug, new air filter, and greased it up like a pig and just maybe...

If you need any parts for it let me know..

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Runs like a champ.  I'm thinking I should flip it since it is working so well.

I'll trade you an old non running ski-doo...... :news: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eh, a little ttt here.  Just got my socket drawer organized.  Enough with that bullshit mess.  Turns out I wasn’t missing as many as I thought..just couldn’t find them!

A simple drawer for some of you but, I’m not a pro.  Had most of these for 20+ years.

35D33581-EC04-4598-BA7E-938EF06BE8AB.jpeg

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You need more ratchets.  

Also, pick yourself up some socket trays.  

Sockets actually stay pretty planted believe it or not, but good idea.  I’ve been thinking about getting the 1/4 and 3/8 inch, 120 tooth ratchets.  Those are pretty aweet in confined areas.  60 toothers kinda suck on sleds.

9 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Sockets actually stay pretty planted believe it or not, but good idea.  I’ve been thinking about getting the 1/4 and 3/8 inch, 120 tooth ratchets.  Those are pretty aweet in confined areas.  60 toothers kinda suck on sleds.

Most of my wrenching happens with a good old Plomb 5449 ratchet.  Those things are like 24 tooth.  

Look at the Gearwrench high tooth count ratchets.  They get good reviews.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Most of my wrenching happens with a good old Plomb 5449 ratchet.  Those things are like 24 tooth.  

Look at the Gearwrench high tooth count ratchets.  They get good reviews.  

Will do!   :bc: