FSCE Shop Talk

8 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yep. I used Bridgeport Easy Trac in school (20 years ago). I think something similar to that would work fine.

I am converting both machines to a new controller made by Centroid.   The old proto trak is kind of limited where as the Centroid is a full motion controller which mean it does not need a computer to run the drives.  It is about 100 times better than the old proto trak and they were not bad machines.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am converting both machines to a new controller made by Centroid.   The old proto trak is kind of limited where as the Centroid is a full motion controller which mean it does not need a computer to run the drives.  It is about 100 times better than the old proto trak and they were not bad machines.

Cool. Share some photos of that stuff some time if you want.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:44 PM, 800renegaderider said:

Probably like me. I get those cheapo hobo freight combo packs and for some reason lose the same one over and over so before you know it you got 10 of each one but the one you constantly lose 😂 

It's the 10mm that goes missing.  Just look how many sets of 1/4 sockets I have, mostly all Chinese.

I have the extra 10's in that magnetic tray in the lower right.  I know they may not make it the year.

IMG_4121.JPG

Edited by Fireball 440
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

It's the 10mm that goes missing.  Just look how many sets of 1/4 sockets I have, mostly all Chinese.

I have the extra 10's in that magnetic tray in the lower right.  I know they may not make it the year.

IMG_4121.JPG

Sounds like you need the 10mm sampler pack from the scumbags at the Horrid Fraught.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

IMG_4121.JPG

Always the damn 10mm. My work box is the same multiples of everything but 10’s and 12’s.  My boss was showing me you can buy 100packs of 10mm sockets on Amazon for $100 bucks. He said he was gonna buy them for us and put them in a candy jar cause we all go through so many lol

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Sounds like you need the 10mm sampler pack from the scumbags at the Horrid Fraught.

:lol:..I have the 10mm Gear Wrench sampler pack from Amazon 

IMG_20240110_212122942_HDR.jpg