FSCE Shop Talk

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Garrettv said:

How did you get all the stuff so clean ?

I sent it out to Todd at Dyna-Tek. He puts them in his blasting cabinet with plastic media and I think he also uses a sonic cleaner or chemical cleaner of some sort. Then he machined the groves out from the sheaves and balanced them.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:16 AM, hwytohell said:

Clean Ford . Can I ask how many miles are on it and how much was it ??

103,000 miles with an excellent maintenance record including trans flushes at 60K and 90K.  I paid $11,300 OTD.  2015 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor.

Exp int.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My cheese has probably slipped off my cracker a little further, but I'm thinking about picking this up.

19?? Cheetah 500 long track.  Could be a cheap knock-off Bearcat for my use.  Think it has a high-low gearbox in it.  

52173565_2276914758994097_44586209989749

• Like 1

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My cheese has probably slipped off my cracker a little further, but I'm thinking about picking this up.

19?? Cheetah 500 long track.  Could be a cheap knock-off Bearcat for my use.  Think it has a high-low gearbox in it.  

52173565_2276914758994097_44586209989749

My bud had one. It was big! 151??

Was the touring sled from cat that year. His came with a nice colour matched fiberglass box on rear.

Cheetah Touring?

Edited by awful knawful

14 hours ago, awful knawful said:

My bud had one. It was big! 151??

Was the touring sled from cat that year. His came with a nice colour matched fiberglass box on rear.

Cheetah Touring?

I guess it is a Cheetah Touring.  I thought it was the L/T version with the 2 speed gearbox, but the ad was pretty difficult to make heads or tails of it. 

I know someone that has the rack box thing for it I could probably have just to get it out of their shed.  

I offered a hundo for it, but haven't heard back.  Between the unknown true condition and the distance, I think it is a fair offer on my part if I end up with it. 

If now, oh well.  I have other sleds I can drink over and swear at. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 3:23 PM, Fireball 440 said:

103,000 miles with an excellent maintenance record including trans flushes at 60K and 90K.  I paid $11,300 OTD.  2015 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor.

Exp int.jpg

That would be fun to have just to mess with people on the freeway. :lmao: 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Horrible Fraught, but I'm going to pick up one or two of these.

Yup!  Gonna grab one myself!  Their power tools are almost worthless though but, you get what you pay for.  I paid for a lot of extra power cords I just cut off for use later.  Lol

On 3/31/2019 at 3:09 PM, Zambroski said:

Yup!  Gonna grab one myself!  Their power tools are almost worthless though but, you get what you pay for.  I paid for a lot of extra power cords I just cut off for use later.  Lol

some times yes some shit no .

I have a flooring stapler I bought from them when my bostich took a shit one day mid job . at this point it has shot down 10x the floor of the bostich and never been to the shop the bostich is on rebuild 3

same thing with the hand heald jackhammer/impact hammer for tile demo my bosh took a shit so grabed a cheepo to get job done . well 7 yrs later and prob 15ksf of tile still plugging away all duct taped up knobs and all .

then you get some shit that won't even turn on fresh from the box lol .

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

some times yes some shit no .

I have a flooring stapler I bought from them when my bostich took a shit one day mid job . at this point it has shot down 10x the floor of the bostich and never been to the shop the bostich is on rebuild 3

same thing with the hand heald jackhammer/impact hammer for tile demo my bosh took a shit so grabed a cheepo to get job done . well 7 yrs later and prob 15ksf of tile still plugging away all duct taped up knobs and all .

then you get some shit that won't even turn on fresh from the box lol .

i like my air riveter from there.  

On 3/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, racinfarmer said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Horrible Fraught, but I'm going to pick up one or two of these.

Looking at this right now. 😜

232D6427-001D-4F65-B79C-008F0346749F.thumb.jpeg.f3aaa2975565d8fbd4aae59b9518f755.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Looking at this right now. 😜

232D6427-001D-4F65-B79C-008F0346749F.thumb.jpeg.f3aaa2975565d8fbd4aae59b9518f755.jpeg

They do make plenty of worth while stuff. 

Example.  Those tool boxes on that page are supposed to be good for the money. 

However, from experience, those saw horses felt like they sucked when I went to buy them and I picked up a pair of made in the USA ones from Menards for a dollar or two more each. 

Much more sturdy.

I'm also a fan of their punches.  If I know I'm going to f one up real good, I grab one from there instead of a Wilde or Starrett.  

On 3/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, racinfarmer said:

That's kick ass. Definitely gonna have to pick one up from there next time I'm over that way. :bc:

On 3/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, Zambroski said:

Majority of the shit they sell there is exactly that, shit. But they do have some decent stuff.  I bought a battery charger there and a trickle charger. Reasonably priced and they both work great. They sell some decent specialty tools that you may only ever use a couple of times, but you can't rent them and/or  they're to expensive to buy a named brand one to just sit and collect dust the majority of the time.   Also bought 3 sets of there for the garage. 12"x18" for the skis $10.99 63098_W3.thumb.jpg.f548b925aa09d1a5f6f5c66efc85f704.jpg and 18"x30" for the track $15.99.61897_W3.thumb.jpg.922b534d6f3fcec2c6d0a25d44f3b206.jpg

I'll never buy another set of expensive ass sled dollies ever again.

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

25 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's kick ass. Definitely gonna have to pick one up from there next time I'm over that way. :bc:

Majority of the shit they sell there is exactly that, shit. But they do have some decent stuff.  I bought a battery charger there and a trickle charger. Reasonably priced and they both work great. They sell some decent specialty tools that you may only ever use a couple of times, but you can't rent them and/or  they're to expensive to buy a named brand one to just sit and collect dust the majority of the time.   Also bought 3 sets of there for the garage. 12"x18" for the skis $10.99 63098_W3.thumb.jpg.f548b925aa09d1a5f6f5c66efc85f704.jpg and 18"x30" for the track $15.99.61897_W3.thumb.jpg.922b534d6f3fcec2c6d0a25d44f3b206.jpg

I don't blame you there...every set of sled dollies I have ever bought are shit..these babies work good^^^^^^^^^^

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't blame you there...every set of sled dollies I have ever bought are shit..these babies work good^^^^^^^^^^

Yep. And at least with these if one of them breaks, you can buy a replacement individually. 

50 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yeah, I keep a couple of those around but I bought a real nice aluminum sled lift a few years ago that rolls.  Not sure why I waited so long to buy one.  I love it.  Being able to raise the sled up and work on it is awesome.