FSCE Shop Talk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone ever bought the "cheap" Dewalt aftermarket replacement batteries on Amazon?

I have some 12v tools that don't get used often and am down to 1 working 12v battery left.  

How much are they? Now that the 20 is out you should be able to find leftover 18v drills for probably $35 more then just the 12 batts.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

How much are they? Now that the 20 is out you should be able to find leftover 18v drills for probably $35 more then just the 12 batts.

$36-38or so for a pair.  I think $16-20 individual, so cheap enough I should just try one.  

16 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Picked up this 2013 Taurus Interceptor AWD in MN State Trooper Maroon this weekend.  Drove it to work today got lots of looks in the parking lot :lol:  Honestly I like it so far and will be daily driving it in a few weeks.

Interceptor 13 Taurus.jpg

Ballpark, how much to get into one of those?  I've seen them on some of the Govt vehicle sites but it looks like you need to do some interior work to make it comfortable.

Kind of passively looking for Enticer 250's this afternoon and I should have kept the one I had 2-3 years ago. 

Sold it for $200 to a friend and he said he put fuel in it and some pressure in the tank and it fired up and ran like a champ. 

Cheapest one I've seen is $500 and it is a lot rougher then the one I had.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Kind of passively looking for Enticer 250's this afternoon and I should have kept the one I had 2-3 years ago. 

Sold it for $200 to a friend and he said he put fuel in it and some pressure in the tank and it fired up and ran like a champ. 

Cheapest one I've seen is $500 and it is a lot rougher then the one I had.

or maybe you could take up yoga because thats less gay than old pos sleds

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, F3600 said:

Ballpark, how much to get into one of those?  I've seen them on some of the Govt vehicle sites but it looks like you need to do some interior work to make it comfortable.

I bought it with 142K on it for $6400.  It came with window sticker and all the State Patrol ownership stuff, no title it came with the certificate of origin so It will be interesting tomorrow when I go to title it.  It is well maintained as all govt. fleet vehicles are.  Interior wise, it does not have a center console ($175) and the overhead controls are removed, haven't priced that out yet.  Car drives smooth and quiet, good tires, and it goes 140 mph.  Power drivers seat, passenger seat sits a bit lower than the driver side and my wife can't see out of the windshield :lol: Calibrated speedo that reads 2 mph different than what I set the cruise at.

This particular car had the fire extinguisher explode in the trunk so I get to clean that mess out tomorrow.  Came with new front pads & rotors not installed.

I test drove another 2013 that had 185K on it but that one had shit tires and I couldn't tell if there was wheel bearing noise over the tire noise so I passed on that one, he wanted $5800 for that one.  He also had a 2014 with 125K for $8000.

There is snow on the roads daily now so I can't really put it to test, but can't wait to see how this thing takes the slalom.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I bought it with 142K on it for $6400.  It came with window sticker and all the State Patrol ownership stuff, no title it came with the certificate of origin so It will be interesting tomorrow when I go to title it.  It is well maintained as all govt. fleet vehicles are.  Interior wise, it does not have a center console ($175) and the overhead controls are removed, haven't priced that out yet.  Car drives smooth and quiet, good tires, and it goes 140 mph.  Power drivers seat, passenger seat sits a bit lower than the driver side and my wife can't see out of the windshield :lol: Calibrated speedo that reads 2 mph different than what I set the cruise at.

This particular car had the fire extinguisher explode in the trunk so I get to clean that mess out tomorrow.  Came with new front pads & rotors not installed.

I test drove another 2013 that had 185K on it but that one had shit tires and I couldn't tell if there was wheel bearing noise over the tire noise so I passed on that one, he wanted $5800 for that one.  He also had a 2014 with 125K for $8000.

There is snow on the roads daily now so I can't really put it to test, but can't wait to see how this thing takes the slalom.  

Twin turbo car??

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Twin turbo car??

No all 3 are 3.5L NA. Read the reviews the ecoboost is an eco pain in the ass. Not sure what year the 3.7 went in the Taurus Interceptor but the Explorer had it in '13. Explorer Interceptors run $11k - $13k.

Edited by Fireball 440
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, awful knawful said:

I'm in the same boat. Always used vehicles. And I drive them till scrap. Toys are bought new!

Wow, that's really smart. Put youself and family in jeopardy with junky cars, that could leave them stranded or injured, while you ride around on new RECREATIONAL vehicles, like a faggot. 

Your spouse must be a real loser to tolerate that for even one minute.