FSCE Shop Talk

• 2 weeks later...

If you happen to be close to a Fleet Farm, they are doing 10% store credit for any purchase over $30. 

I've been putting off getting one of these myself, so I wandered over and picked up a rethreading kit.  These things can be a lifesaver in the shop. 

This one is a Lang (Kastar), $57.  Knock $5.70 off this week. 

They make these for Craftsman (~$62), Snap-Off ($146), MAC ($134), etc. 

IMG_20180402_200616412[1].jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen!

If you need to relieve yourself of a quick $80 and want something awesome, pick up these two sets of Bondhus t-handles in SAE and metric.

Made in Monticello, Minnesota.  The only way it gets better is to get PB Swiss, maybe.

Available at Northern Tool.

IMG_20180523_201922485_HDR[1].jpg

35 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Am I the only one here that spends any time working on shit whilst drinking?

Bunch of limp wristed, manicured, clean cut buttplugs in here...

17022520_1548445208528909_6733657388340730234_n.jpg

Woah!  Slow your roll playa!  I do stuff!  BIGLY stuff!  I changed a fuse just this afternoon.  Took me all morning to find it.

:lol:

Tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday....headlight bulb change out!  Heading to the local Ace because a “friend” told me I needed a metric crescent wrench for the job.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Woah!  Slow your roll playa!  I do stuff!  BIGLY stuff!  I changed a fuse just this afternoon.  Took me all morning to find it.

Tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday....headlight bulb change out!  Heading to the local Ace because a “friend” told me I needed a metric crescent wrench for he job.

No metric crescent wrenches here, but I do have several Mexican tool chests with handles up to 18" long.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I really want one of these, just not $65 worth of want.  Can really fuck shit up with it. 

Rastall_12in_Miners_Wrench_with_Hammer.p

Pretty slick!  Has metric on one side and Imperial on the other!  Also...needs a flashlight for the handle.  

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nothing major here but I did buy a MAP Gas torch head so I can get the half ass pos Arctic Cat axel nut loose on my SP500.

LOLOL!  Those fucking flowerettes are a real treat!!  I'm about to start work on my sled and those are the first things to hit the bucket!

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOLOL!  Those fucking flowerettes are a real treat!!  I'm about to start work on my sled and those are the first things to hit the bucket!

Yeah you and I discussed those fuckers a few months ago...whoever designed that shit needs a swift kick in the ball bag. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah you and I discussed those fuckers a few months ago...whoever designed that shit needs a swift kick in the ball bag. :lol:

No shit.  I bet it was a wife of somebody high up.  "Look how pretty it looks!"  Ughhh....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nothing major here but I did buy a MAP Gas torch head so I can get the half ass pos Arctic Cat axel nut loose on my SP500.

Let this stuff work on it overnight, it will cut through the oxidation.

Image result for aerokroil

image.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/1/2018 at 9:38 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Let this stuff work on it overnight, it will cut through the oxidation.

Image result for aerokroil

image.jpeg

I think it’s more of an issue with the chinesium flowerette axel nut.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, Zambroski said:

Tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday....headlight bulb change out!  Heading to the local Ace because a “friend” told me I needed a metric crescent wrench for the job.

If one didn't come in your TOOL KIT send it back.