*** OFFICIAL Sweet Ass Deals thread ***

Puzzleboy

Well, not quite.  Lots of SAs mandate a Neutral disconnection as well. 

Like I said, it's ridiculous that Canada won't/hasn't approved the main panels with the manual generator interlock.  And many are 3 pole (cuts Neutral also).  Simple, cost-effective, only one panel required.  Instead, we fuck around with sub-panels with critical circuits, transfer switches, etc. 

On 2017-04-26 at 11:25 PM, Boered said:

Just shut the main and you are not feeding power onto the grid. Suicide cord is fine if you are not a moron. lots of morons in this world, looks at steve, so of course they are illegal.

panel.jpg

18 hours ago, Sksman said:

Why not get a proper generator panel installed?

way easier then having plugs and cords.

One plug for my generator outside on wall.  Generator Panel switches automatically to generator and locks out regular hydro.  Manual Switch back after power back on.  Impossible to feed from power both generator and hydro sides at same time.

Permits.. accessibility.. money, throw in some aluminum wiring and not worth getting into the headache.

8 hours ago, steve6 said:

Permits.. accessibility.. money, throw in some aluminum wiring and not worth getting into the headache.

I dont know, i tend to believe my family safety a little more important then a patch job on wiring.

You do realize if there is an electrical fire and they find your mess or wire and backwards plugs you are going to be on your own as the patch job is no where near code?

20 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Well, not quite.  Lots of SAs mandate a Neutral disconnection as well. 

Like I said, it's ridiculous that Canada won't/hasn't approved the main panels with the manual generator interlock.  And many are 3 pole (cuts Neutral also).  Simple, cost-effective, only one panel required.  Instead, we fuck around with sub-panels with critical circuits, transfer switches, etc. 

panel.jpg

It's quite common for the Japs to cut the neutral wire as a normal disconnect.  Always have to explain we don't do that here.  Lol. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 9/6/2017 at 5:18 PM, Puzzleboy said:

SeaFoam on sale at CarQuest for $7.99 until the end of October. 

10 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

1/2 price 0w40 Mobil1 for your 1200 at CTC, other grades as well.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mobil-1-synthetic-motor-oil-4-4-l-0289424p.html#srp

2 great deals! Thanks for posting them up. :bc: