We Are a Strange Breed

Let's not forget the Yammi 4stroke guys. They are like fucking Jehovah's trying to recruit you over to 4strokes. Total strangers at gas stops that can't even wait for you to get your helmet off. Telling you all about their fat pig.

Two winters ago there were a group of about 5 stand ups that went screaming past us. A few minutes later we pass them as they are stopped for a smoke break. A while later they come screaming past us yet again and once again we pass them taking yet another break. This time... who knows. Maybe it was time to warm up from the extra cold they get standing up without a windshield. We do the leap frog another time or two and when we stop for a bite to eat... who comes in the stand ups. And then they complain about the spots where the trail was chewed up which was from people like them going dead stop to pinned throttle but boasting about how fast they managed to travel the trail. Kind of humourous.

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Let's not forget the Yammi 4stroke guys. They are like fucking Jehovah's trying to recruit you over to 4strokes. Total strangers at gas stops that can't even wait for you to get your helmet off. Telling you all about their fat pig.

I haven't run onto many of those guys up here.  In fact, I can't remember even seeing a Viper.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Two winters ago there were a group of about 5 stand ups that went screaming past us. A few minutes later we pass them as they are stopped for a smoke break. A while later they come screaming past us yet again and once again we pass them taking yet another break. This time... who knows. Maybe it was time to warm up from the extra cold they get standing up without a windshield. We do the leap frog another time or two and when we stop for a bite to eat... who comes in the stand ups. And then they complain about the spots where the trail was chewed up which was from people like them going dead stop to pinned throttle but boasting about how fast they managed to travel the trail. Kind of humourous.

Yeah, we see those tards every now and then.  I don't know how they ride like that.  It's bizarre to me.

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I carry a stack of Yamaha brochures in the tunnel bag of the Viper.  Can you spare a few minutes to hear about my Yamaha?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhh.....the "stool warmers" that was another sub category of silliness.   You know, the guys that go out all day on Saturday, put on 25 miles and spend all day between two watering holes drilling up "seat warming tabs".  Then...complain that sledding is getting too expensive.  O.o  

Fuck...the trail IS the destination for us.  If we stop anywhere, it's for a quick bite of sustenance and a refuel.  I might down one cold brew with a grease burger...but that's it.  Hell, if I'm gonna drive hammered, I'm gonna roll in my big fuckin truck!  :lol:

Sounds like something @f7ben would do :news:

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I carry a stack of Yamaha brochures in the tunnel bag of the Viper.  Can you spare a few minutes to hear about my Yamaha?

That must have been you that came up to me while I was getting gas a year or two ago 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The club I'm in heads out at 7pm. It has all night to set up. It's a remote area with very few bars and no hotels, so they can get away with it. Heavy traffic during the day,ghost town at night, no gas after 9pm.:bc:

We used to head out around 6PM. We would still meet a few yahoos out there in the middle of the night on the weekends. I really enjoyed grooming, but it got to the point were I spent so much time in the groomer that I didn't ride my sled much.

32 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They are paying our groomer drivers. We have a great group of retired guys that can use some walking around cash and they don't tear shit up. 

Our club was paying the operators $10/hour when we first got involved. Everyone just donated it back to the club so we did away with it. In my 10 years in the club we only had one guy that we had a problem with tearing up shit. After the third or forth time we sent him on his way.

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Our club was paying the operators $10/hour when we first got involved. Everyone just donated it back to the club so we did away with it. In my 10 years in the club we only had one guy that we had a problem with tearing up shit. After the third or forth time we sent him on his way.

Groomers in ON are paid.  Spent 10 hours helping one a few years ago, they should be.

• Like 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Groomers in ON are paid.  Spent 10 hours helping one a few years ago, they should be.

There are only a few of the bigger clubs in NH that pay their operators. The money just isn't there for most clubs to be able to pay the operators.

The guy wanting a grand more than the sled is worth because it was a spring order or it is a limited edition. The sweet decals aren't worth a grand dumb ass.  ( not talking about the ones with the shock and track upgrades ect)

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The guy wanting a grand more than the sled is worth because it was a spring order or it is a limited edition. The sweet decals aren't worth a grand dumb ass.  ( not talking about the ones with the shock and track upgrades ect)

When I was looking for a used F6, I loved the ones who would advertise the LE ones with all the graphics ripped off them.  

Hey dumbass, you just removed almost everything that make that sled worth the extra $250 to me and anyone else wanting a retro, nightfire, or black widow edition.  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The ones that groom our massive MN state trails are paid guys.  And well paid I believe.  All the others are club volunteers.