'OPEN IMMEDIATELY!': Wisconsinites head out to bars after state stay-at-home orders lifted

It's always a battle between Alaska and WIsconsin for the #1 alcoholic state in the union, I think Wisconsin needs to be crowned the undisputed champion now!! Bottoms up and Hail to the Tavern League :bc:

'OPEN IMMEDIATELY!': Wisconsinites head out to bars after state stay-at-home orders lifted

After the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down the state's stay-at-home order, which immediately lifted restrictions on businesses and gatherings, some bars opened their doors (and taps) Wednesday night as patrons began trickling out. 

a group of people sitting at a table: State Street Pub in Green Bay quickly opened for business Wednesday, May 13, 2020, after the state Supreme Court overturned Gov. Tony Evers' safer-at-home order.

The ruling applied to Gov. Tony Evers' statewide order to lock down Wisconsin amid the public health emergency of the coronavirus pandemic. Evers intended to keep the order in place until May 26. However, localities are still imposing and extending their own stay-at-home orders, meaning not all businesses in the state may immediately open.

Photos showed small gatherings of Wisconsinites out at bars and restaurants shortly after the ruling came down, while some establishments posted on social media they were staying closed.

What bars in Wisconsin were like Wednesday night

More than a dozen people had flocked to State Street Pub in Green Bay by 7 p.m. Wednesday. Owner Tera Hansen chose to open as soon as she could, and people started dropping in without any kind of announcement on social media.

At Lenny's Tap, about a mile and a half away, four employees wearing masks served about 20 patrons who stopped by for a drink. Owner Marty Leonhard said the bar's beer distributor had already delivered two shipments by 8 p.m.

Nick's, a bar in Platteville, posted a photo and video on Twitter of two dozen or so patrons at the bar. 

The Tavern League of Wisconsin, a trade association of alcoholic beverage retailers in the state, posted on Facebook shortly after the ruling that, while guidelines should be followed, "you can OPEN IMMEDIATELY!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/open-immediately-wisconsinites-head-out-to-bars-after-state-stay-at-home-orders-lifted/ar-BB144Lhn

One of my faves from my playlist, this a real clean live recording :bc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJOylEoDB4

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good for them.  
what are we doing? 
parents never going to get to see their kid walk across the  stage and get their diploma?  No parties to celebrate their achievements? Birthday parties??? Weddings? 

Grandparents missing the birth of their grandkids, never hold them when they are born(? 

This ain’t no way to live.  :hdchr:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Dumb asses

You're the dumb ass MC.  If you want to stay home then stay home or go join Joe in the basement.  You and those like you no longer have authority or standing to continue this any longer.  We all bought in on the premise it was to keep hospitals from getting overrun, it hasn't and likely won't.  These edicts from the WI governor are no longer.  Take your namby pamby bullshit and keep it in your state.  Here in WI we've had enough.  Your rhetoric is benign, your derangement is real and you have successfully proved yourself a fool.    

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laborer said:

I laughed at the kid behind the bar! Start them early I guess! haha

You can legally buy your kid a drink in a Wisconsin bar no matter the kids age, although the bartender does have the right to refuse service is he or she wants to.

27 minutes ago, jdels said:

You're the dumb ass MC.  If you want to stay home then stay home or go join Joe in the basement.  You and those like you no longer have authority or standing to continue this any longer.  We all bought in on the premise it was to keep hospitals from getting overrun, it hasn't and likely won't.  These edicts from the WI governor are no longer.  Take your namby pamby bullshit and keep it in your state.  Here in WI we've had enough.  Your rhetoric is benign, your derangement is real and you have successfully proved yourself a fool.    

The stay at home orders and social distancing were effective in keeping the hospitals from being overun, now we get to see what happens with opening up, I'm hoping it all turns out good seeing I have plans to be in NE Wisconsin next month.....so don't fuck it up cheeseheads!!!

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You can legally buy your kid a drink in a Wisconsin bar no matter the kids age, although the bartender does have the right to refuse service is he or she wants to.

The stay at home orders and social distancing were effective in keeping the hospitals from being overun, now we get to see what happens with opening up, I'm hoping it all turns out good seeing I have plans to be in NE Wisconsin next month.....so don't fuck it up cheeseheads!!!

They will fuck it up. From all of the bar pics I’ve been seeing, their woman didn’t get any smaller. So bring your own woman.:lol:

20 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah, and Wyoming never issued statewide stay-at-home orders

35 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That is what they told us. But when all the hospitals in the state had census' that was so low they had to furlough, cut hours, cut pay, lay off and some healthcare facilities (Urgent Care) even closed down completely, it was a bit over the top. 

I understand trying to keep people safe, but we are not NYC, or Chicago. Milwaukee hospitals census is even down. 

42 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Another bullshit statement.   Try to buy your kid a drink between the ages of 18 and 21.  God damn I am sick of some of you all knowing fucks that don't really have a fucking clue.

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah, and Wyoming never issued statewide stay-at-home orders

And none were overrun. ....we really have no idea how much impact,  if any stay at home orders had.....other than trash small businesses. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Another bullshit statement.   Try to buy your kid a drink between the ages of 18 and 21.  God damn I am sick of some of you all knowing fucks that don't really have a fucking clue.

My wife has/had a Wisconsin's Bartenders License, she says Vince is correct. She hasn't renewed her License for a few years so it may have changed now.

Edited by XCR1250

26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You’re dumb as fuck.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, racer254 said:

28 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My wife has/had a Wisconsin's Bartenders License, she says Vince is correct. She hasn't renewed her License for a few years so it may have changed now.

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You’re dumb as fuck.....

Good god.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My 16 year old did his first shot in St. Germain last December. Bob was buying the bar shots. My son asks if he can have a shot. First I say no and then I ask the bar tender if he could have a shot. She says "sure, what does he want?" We gave him a fireball. He hated it. :lol:

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

one of the Dakota goveners was pissed off that a rez put up roadblocks and would not let any one with a high temp pass.