Leafs 2016-2018

Kev144

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

We took Washington to 7 games and lost by one shot really,  most promising team in decades.  

I take it you don't watch hockey often :dunno:  we are up with the big boys now and feared around the league 

go leafs go 

You're right I don't.  Really don't watch much TV period.

Go Leafs.

F Toronto has to play against Boston the first round, they will be done, probably in five games.

If they are lucky enough to play Tamapa first round, they might be able to go 6-7 games, but will still loose.

As soon as the other team starts getting physical with Toronto, they will cave.

Playoffs are a whole different level, and Toronto still has a lot of good young kids that will not be able to take the grind of the playoffs.

They are getting better, they have a great coach who is very demanding, but I,m guessing it will be a couple more years before they get to even a conference final.

Winnipeg is Canadas best hope.

Edited by Frostynuts

20 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

F Toronto has to play against Boston the first round, they will be done, probably in five games.

If they are lucky enough to play Tamapa first round, they might be able to go 6-7 games, but will still loose.

As soon as the other team starts getting physical with Toronto, they will cave.

Playoffs are a whole different level, and Toronto still has a lot of good young kids that will not be able to take the grind of the playoffs.

They are getting better, they have a great coach who is very demanding, but I,m guessing it will be a couple more years before they get to even a conference final.

Winnipeg is Canadas best hope.

I agree. Playoffs need grit and Matthews is not a gritty player. He is a great player but needs to be more physical. If he had a centre that was a pure power forward then I believe he will be a lot more effective.

That being said speed is a good equalizer and the leafs have that in spades.

Going to be fun.

NHL Hockey Playoffs, when the going gets real, and boys are up against men. Sure is a tough old grind.

With a few lucky bounces, and some great teams getting bounced in the first couple of rounds, it kinda opens the door for some teams to at least get to the conference final, like Ottawa did last year. Major injuries can be devastating to any team as well. Looking forward to the playoffs, and hoping both Canadian teams do well. 

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Sadly Toronto (like most teams) will have to have great goal tending to win,  leafs allow too many shots 

Its looking like Tampa first round, tonights game Boston vs Tampa will be a big one

The penguins allowed alot of shots and relied on goal tending while scoring and won the cup a few times FYI 

5 hours ago, Kev144 said:

The penguins allowed alot of shots and relied on goal tending while scoring and won the cup a few times FYI 

well its a known fact you must have a top goalie to win - that is a given 

good battle between Boston and Tampa - who will win it 

• 2 weeks later...

The Leafs will be lucky to win a game now and personally, I don't see it happening. I had to lead with my head instead of my heart so I chose Boston in my pool. Way too much depth compared to the Leafs. Watching the Leafs this season was fun but this is the opposite now. They are getting schooled and their weaknesses are at the forefront now.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:22 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure we do.

The Leaf's will choke, disappointing fans once again.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:51 AM, 1trailmaker said:

We took Washington to 7 games and lost by one shot really,  most promising team in decades.  

I take it you don't watch hockey often :dunno:  we are up with the big boys now and feared around the league 

go leafs go 

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

boston cream last night

dfa2ea9812cedf3d2170eaf94c625312--boston

Thought this was their year?:dunno: