Leafs 2016-2018

Kev144

Lots if good team building going on in this series......coming back in the series, lop sided reffing (no surprise), goals taken back, etc...

Look at their first 2 games vs. the last two, they really stepped up to be able to compete with the Bruins. The last penalty kill was great, score could have been higher on both sides.

Game 7 should be interesting and I think could go either way easily......hopeful the Leafs come out on top!

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

Lots if good team building going on in this series......coming back in the series, lop sided reffing (no surprise), goals taken back, etc...

Look at their first 2 games vs. the last two, they really stepped up to be able to compete with the Bruins. The last penalty kill was great, score could have been higher on both sides.

Game 7 should be interesting and I think could go either way easily......hopeful the Leafs come out on top!

Last night was 2.5 hours of the whole ACC chanting "freddie" or "boston sucks"

Second game ive gotten down to this year and they played well and won both. Not to excited about the back checking.... that will have to tighten up if they are going to get through game 7 and try on the second round... Not to mention the silly turnovers

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Last night was 2.5 hours of the whole ACC chanting "freddie" or "boston sucks"

Second game ive gotten down to this year and they played well and won both. Not to excited about the back checking.... that will have to tighten up if they are going to get through game 7 and try on the second round... Not to mention the silly turnovers

Their mistakes is where Freddy has saved their ass' on many occasions!

18 hours ago, Stoney said:

Their mistakes is where Freddy has saved their ass' on many occasions!

Eventually he's not going to be able to keep up though....

Where is all the all stars too? Marner has what 2 goals in the first round and mathews with 1?? come on.......

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Eventually he's not going to be able to keep up though....

Where is all the all stars too? Marner has what 2 goals in the first round and mathews with 1?? come on.......

Mathews has lots to learn about being a star player in the NHL - although he does some great stuff out there but you have to score when its needed. 

• Like 1

Yup, some players have it only during regular season, when the going is easier. Others seem to be able to rise in the playoffs, when it goes to another level.

Time will tell, how each rookie is going to turn out. Winning to-night would be a huge confidence booster for Toronto.

What ever happened to the intentional offside?

Puck comes out and you shoot it back in knowing your players are still in the zone and they used to move the faceoff down into offending team zone.  

Not anymore.

42 minutes ago, Sksman said:

What ever happened to the intentional offside?

Puck comes out and you shoot it back in knowing your players are still in the zone and they used to move the faceoff down into offending team zone.  

Not anymore.

because 'clear the zone' rule is way better 

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Mathews has lots to learn about being a star player in the NHL - although he does some great stuff out there but you have to score when its needed. 

Yep he might be Toronto’s version of Ovechkin......however, he is young and plenty of hockey in the future

9 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yep he might be Toronto’s version of Ovechkin......however, he is young and plenty of hockey in the future

OV scores in the playoffs its just the team crumbles 

good rally tonight but there is always next year lol 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Mathews has some time on the golf course to think about why he got 1 goal in 7 games 

RFA coming up, if he wants the big money he has to do better

That was the discussion tonight.....what is the offer now?  

3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

That was the discussion tonight.....what is the offer now?  

he has 1 more year at 925k, this series lost him at least 1 million a year on his contract.

Josh Levo will be making 925k next year watching from the press box - good deal for a local boy 

2 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'm betting Matthews is hurt. Left side shoulder is my guess. He has been hitting from his right side

I think so too. He was hardly making an effort over the first round at all compared to the regular season

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, irv said:

Get rid of Gardiner and get someone who doesn't have brain cramps every game and you may have something. It still surprises the hell out of me Babs kept him around? They need some big defensive changes this coming off season or it will be the same old same old next season. No way a goalie, no matter how good they are, can put up with the amount of rubber they are subjected to game after game like what we are seeing and still be expected to win. Freddy hung in there but he's exhausted. They need to bring in McElhinney the next 2 games if they hope to at least win one.

Great game, Gardiner!!

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'm betting Matthews is hurt. Left side shoulder is my guess. He has been hitting from his right side

Mathews, before the game on his walk in to the arena looked pale/sickly to me. I think he is hurt as well and possibly was exhausted/sick as well?