Leafs 2016-2018

Kev144

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm calling it early

You're quite the risk taker, AC. :lol:The Leafs are done, they are way overmatched, underskilled and undersized to get by the Bruins. Like I said earlier, they were fun to watch this season, but with the new playoff season underway, we finally get to see just how much further they need to rebuild/get better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

You're quite the risk taker, AC. :lol:The Leafs are done, they are way overmatched, underskilled and undersized to get by the Bruins. Like I said earlier, they were fun to watch this season, but with the new playoff season underway, we finally get to see just how much further they need to rebuild/get better. 

The Defense looked like a bad Junior team last night, just fucking horrible 

We have offensive Defense now we just need 2 guys that are stay a home kind of players 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

The Defense looked like a bad Junior team last night, just fucking horrible 

We have offensive Defense now we just need 2 guys that are stay a home kind of players 

Get rid of Gardiner and get someone who doesn't have brain cramps every game and you may have something. It still surprises the hell out of me Babs kept him around? They need some big defensive changes this coming off season or it will be the same old same old next season. No way a goalie, no matter how good they are, can put up with the amount of rubber they are subjected to game after game like what we are seeing and still be expected to win. Freddy hung in there but he's exhausted. They need to bring in McElhinney the next 2 games if they hope to at least win one.

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Remember 1993 in Detroit down 2 and we came back won in 7......just being a typical Leaf fan

Comparing 93's team with the current team is laughable, Poncho. That was a very good squad who could compete with Detroit's. This team trying to compete against the Bruin's is entirely different. 

Glass is still half full, hoping for an attitude adjustment and they are able dig down and find the game they need to have in order to compete for all three periods.

Home games should give them that, IF they have it in them......than carry it forward.

I know, call me crazy.....but this hopefully is not the end, at the very least, give us a couple of games that show some promise....

42 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Glass is still half full, hoping for an attitude adjustment and they are able dig down and find the game they need to have in order to compete for all three periods.

Home games should give them that, IF they have it in them......than carry it forward.

I know, call me crazy.....but this hopefully is not the end, at the very least, give us a couple of games that show some promise....

There in real tough, especially now with Uncle Leo being doubtful for the next game or 2, maybe more? The Bruins may back off slightly hoping to win the first round on home ice, but they may just want to end it to get rested up too? 

8 hours ago, irv said:

Get rid of Gardiner and get someone who doesn't have brain cramps every game and you may have something. It still surprises the hell out of me Babs kept him around? They need some big defensive changes this coming off season or it will be the same old same old next season. No way a goalie, no matter how good they are, can put up with the amount of rubber they are subjected to game after game like what we are seeing and still be expected to win. Freddy hung in there but he's exhausted. They need to bring in McElhinney the next 2 games if they hope to at least win one.

Does Gardiner have pics of someone w/ farm animals (w/ apologies to Derringer)? How else to explain that he's still on the team?

• Haha 1

If it was anyone but the leafs I would say the Bruins do have a tendency to blow leads their history is horrible :guzzle: but the leafs are just a sad case all round they will soon catch the NYR who had a 54 years stretch of no cups   :flush:  

• Like 1

Yep....just not tough enough.  I’m still hoping for a bounce or four Saturday but really game 3 was a lucky win for the Leafs.  Leafs have no defence and allowing too many shots....that combo doesn’t work in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How about this 

They come back and win next 2 then in game 7 with a 4-1 lead 9 minutes left we lose it :lol:  na like that could ever happen 

Just barfed a bit in my mouth when you reminded me of that...

• Like 1

Oddsmakers have Vegas as favorites to win the Cup. Wouldn,t that be a story for the ages IF that happened.

Leafs will be golfing after Saturday night.

They,ve already got the bulk up and toughen up kits on order for all their kids. They will come back stronger next year, and will make it past the first round.

54 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Isn't the missing link Kadri back for Sat game....going to be a game changer, game 7 here we come...... :snack:

He has been practicing his golf swing, and is ready to have the summer off. I can imagine just how pissed off Babcock must be towards him.

Doubt if he is going to be much of a game changer.

45 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The leafs are trying but the refs are brutal....really

Nah come on now. 

6 straight leaf penalties!

When there was that scrum and they gave 2 leafs penalties Chara came in and gave Gardner a left cross straight to head.  No call.