'The food supply chain is breaking,' Tyson says as plants close

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The kids went fishing this weekend. Caught several nice Halibut. These two were 80lbs and 100lbs. Made 40 2lb filets. All packed up and headed for the freezer. 

412F35A9-12E5-4AD1-874D-979C716CB627.jpeg

FA88C2C5-BA5D-4D8C-98B1-2D6E6F2C765D.jpeg

C8734797-5E16-45D3-BA46-5768ED20C199.jpeg

Very nice...

27 minutes ago, s pump said:

Dorado is alright, get you some grouper you want good fish. Fishing in Florida is off the hook right now. Buddy sending daily pics of sailfish, dorado, king and grouper. Fuck him.

Grouper is awesome

44 minutes ago, s pump said:

Dorado is alright, get you some grouper you want good fish. Fishing in Florida is off the hook right now. Buddy sending daily pics of sailfish, dorado, king and grouper. Fuck him.

you should have social distanced yourself down there.  Our owner just got back from spending the first 40 days of quarantine down in FL.  Phone from FL or NH really made no difference to how we have to operate.  If i was him i'd have waited a few more weeks to come home like his wife did but he was self quarantining for 14 days before he thought things would reopen the 4th.  

57 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

The Minnesota commissioner of agriculture was on this morning saying a couple of the closed down plants will be coming back on line soon as in this week.

This is very good news. 

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This is very good news. 

We do work in some big corporate food plants. It’s nothing for them to do shut downs for a few weeks. Really no different than oil refiners. The one plant I do work at is talking about doing one. They have been running 3 shifts 7 days for 45 days because of demand. The demand has dropped off. I think the media is running with a few of these shut downs. I can go down the road and buy just about any live stock I want. The fat Americans will just have to pay a little extra for the processed food.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Yes. Moose is sweeter. I had it once at the Dubois Guest Ranch in Wyoming. I thought was delicious. They also had some meat sticks from moose. I use the bison mixed with some pork for meatballs in my spaghetti sauce. Even without the pork it’s better. 

I shot one in Northern Maine in 06 . Ate that sumbitch all winter

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

you should have social distanced yourself down there.  Our owner just got back from spending the first 40 days of quarantine down in FL.  Phone from FL or NH really made no difference to how we have to operate.  If i was him i'd have waited a few more weeks to come home like his wife did but he was self quarantining for 14 days before he thought things would reopen the 4th.  

My buddy's kid who works with us has been at Admiral's Cove going on 8 weeks. Fishing every day on 33 Cobia or 50 Viking. My buddy flies back and forth a couple times a week. Wife was down there just before the shit hit the fan. We were planning on being down early this month for the Gran Kid's birth but haven't gotten there yet. We may head down in a couple weeks depending on whether there is a flare up of new cases or not.

Edited by s pump

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Blackened or Golden Texas Redfish FTMFW!

Texas Redfish is pretty good. I was probably 6 the first time I caught one all by myself on my grandpas pier in Olivia Texas. That little place still only has 20 full time residents. 

I was 12 when we moved to AK. Before that I fished non stop during summer in Port Lavaca Bay and the Inter coastal Canal. 

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Texas Redfish is pretty good. I was probably 6 the first time I caught one all by myself on my grandpas pier in Olivia Texas. That little place still only has 20 full time residents. 

I was 12 when we moved to AK. Before that I fished non stop during summer in Port Lavaca Bay and the Inter coastal Canal. 

We had snapper, redfish, and shimp at the Seahorse.  It was like a $100 for the two of us with the tip.

I regret nothing.  

• Like 1