'The food supply chain is breaking,' Tyson says as plants close

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’m not overly concerned about supply

We made 2 big grocery orders last week. About $400 in meat from our local meat market called Mat Valley Meats and about $300 from safeway. All scheduled for delivery This coming saturday. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

We made 2 big grocery orders last week. About $400 in meat from our local meat market called Mat Valley Meats and about $300 from safeway. All scheduled for delivery This coming saturday. 

I ordered 50 pounds of organic, ground bison. Had to crank up the basement freezer for storing. The stuff is delicious. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I ordered 50 pounds of organic, ground bison. Had to crank up the basement freezer for storing. The stuff is delicious. 

I had 5lbs of ground bison in this order. Bison is good. A young moose is better. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I had 5lbs of ground bison in this order. Bison is good. A young moose is better. 

Yes. Moose is sweeter. I had it once at the Dubois Guest Ranch in Wyoming. I thought was delicious. They also had some meat sticks from moose. I use the bison mixed with some pork for meatballs in my spaghetti sauce. Even without the pork it’s better. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Yes. Moose is sweeter. I had it once at the Dubois Guest Ranch in Wyoming. I thought was delicious. They also had some meat sticks from moose. I use the bison mixed with some pork for meatballs in my spaghetti sauce. Even without the pork it’s better. 

Thats how we use the bison too. Mixed with a little pork sausage and then meatballs or lasagna sauce or sketti sauce.

MVM will mix in the pork for ya if you like. We get is straight and mix in the pork as needed.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The kids went fishing this weekend. Caught several nice Halibut. These two were 80lbs and 100lbs. Made 40 2lb filets. All packed up and headed for the freezer. 

412F35A9-12E5-4AD1-874D-979C716CB627.jpeg

FA88C2C5-BA5D-4D8C-98B1-2D6E6F2C765D.jpeg

C8734797-5E16-45D3-BA46-5768ED20C199.jpeg

When we were at that wedding in Alaska 2 years ago they had a fish fry with halibut. That was amazing. Probably the best fish fry I have ever been to. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

When we were at that wedding in Alaska 2 years ago they had a fish fry with halibut. That was amazing. Probably the best fish fry I have ever been to. 

Yep. We have 2-3 big fish frys a month all summer long. 

The kids made a pretty good haul. They got 8 decent sized halibut and about 10 gallons of Alaska Spot Prawns. 

This is the Gulf of Alaska.  Days on the ocean dont get much better than this  

22F1638B-8303-4AFC-BC90-4D57D347DA47.jpeg

64F43961-9216-4B09-B0F4-44CE0659CA4C.jpeg

904E1A43-1889-4D61-B2F6-41B611FDCADC.jpeg

3DB4CEAB-FB91-4C21-AE94-C2AA48B09EDB.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. We have 2-3 big fish frys a month all summer long. 

The kids made a pretty good haul. They got 8 decent sized halibut and about 10 gallons of Alaska Spot Prawns. 

This is the Gulf of Alaska.  Days on the ocean dont get much better than this  

22F1638B-8303-4AFC-BC90-4D57D347DA47.jpeg

64F43961-9216-4B09-B0F4-44CE0659CA4C.jpeg

904E1A43-1889-4D61-B2F6-41B611FDCADC.jpeg

3DB4CEAB-FB91-4C21-AE94-C2AA48B09EDB.jpeg

Is that a crappie the kids are holding up? The gnome family? 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Is that a crappie the kids are holding up? The gnome family? 

Hahaha. 80lb halibut. The beauty of halibut, besides the incredible meat, is just how easy they are to clean and how much in filets you can get off a single fish. No scales and you dont skin the fish before processing for the freezer. No bones in the filets.