Rob's new ride

ckf

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think its safe to assume that the motor and drivetrain are good for 400- 450whp without major changes. That would be enough to keep a guy entertained for a bit

i'm at 440hp with the 135. AWD would definetly be an advantage over RWD though. it's also a car that would deal with winter driving better. 4 blizzaks would be a fucking thrill ride. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i'm at 440hp with the 135. AWD would definetly be an advantage over RWD though. it's also a car that would deal with winter driving better. 4 blizzaks would be a fucking thrill ride. 

440whp?

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

440whp?

i wish. things start coming apart at that level. i've known a few that have done it. but you're pushing about 530 to 550 at the crank. the n54 will take a bit more than the 55 because everything inside is forged. stiil, that's cutting things too close for reliability. if i have the power illl use it. i take the car on long road trips west and south. so i need it to hold together. 

id estimate the mods i have to generate 365 to 385whp. maybe a bit more depending on ambient temps. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

i wish. things start coming apart at that level. i've known a few that have done it. but you're pushing about 530 to 550 at the crank. the n54 will take a bit more than the 55 because everything inside is forged. stiil, that's cutting things too close for reliability. if i have the power illl use it. i take the car on long road trips west and south. so i need it to hold together. 

id estimate the mods i have to generate 365 to 385whp. maybe a bit more depending on ambient temps. 

meh ...the n54 can handle every bit of 450whp all day ....just need to go e85 and let er buck. I think just with jb4 and bigger pump injectors there are plenty of guys pushing the 500whp mark and having good luck. The motor can take more than that  ....its all in the tune

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

meh ...the n54 can handle every bit of 450whp all day ....just need to go e85 and let er buck. I think just with jb4 and bigger pump injectors there are plenty of guys pushing the 500whp mark and having good luck. The motor can take more than that  ....its all in the tune

it's not the motor that concerns me. the auto tranny and even dual clutch just don't hold together at those power levels. and most of those guys don't tour with the car. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

it's not the motor that concerns me. the auto tranny and even dual clutch just don't hold together at those power levels. 

Ahhhh ....sorry. Didnt know you opted for the girl tranny. I would never ever ever own a sports car that didnt have a proper clutch. That is half the fun is the connection to the car when rowing the gears

Just now, f7ben said:

Ahhhh ....sorry. Didnt know you opted for the girl tranny. I would never ever ever own a sports car that didnt have a proper clutch. That is half the fun is the connection to the car when rowing the gears

is that what your vette came equipped with? 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

While automatics now are always faster...  im with ya on manuals in sport cars.  Its a must have

Edited by BOHICA

20 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

While automatics now are always faster...  im with ya on manuals in sport cars.  Its a must have

no desire to drive a manual through atlanta or chicago on a 5000 mile summer tour. if i owned a sunday only ride, sure. 

44 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

no desire to drive a manual through atlanta or chicago on a 5000 mile summer tour. if i owned a sunday only ride, sure. 

I'm not positive, but I don't think it is available in an automatic.

35 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not positive, but I don't think it is available in an automatic.

If you're talking about the RS you are correct, there is no auto available. 

31 minutes ago, 99mxz600 said:

Who would choose that over a Mustang GT................. :nuts:

Someone that wants to enjoy it year round that lives in an area where there can be snow on the ground eight months out of a year :dunno: 

He just ordered the option winter tires and rims from Ford. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/02/17/focus-rs-drivers-can-shred-snow-with-first-ever-winter-tire-package.html

21 hours ago, ckf said:

After years with General Motor, Rob has gone over to the dark side, he traded in his Chevy truck for a...........

Ford Focus RS :wow:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

is that an SVT ? 

Edit . ...Nevermind ,  didn't see the RS

Edited by xcr700

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Someone that wants to enjoy it year round that lives in an area where there can be snow on the ground eight months out of a year :dunno: 

He just ordered the option winter tires and rims from Ford. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/02/17/focus-rs-drivers-can-shred-snow-with-first-ever-winter-tire-package.html

I would get steel wheels those would get bent at least with the roads around here :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yea I suppose you have a point, but I thought I read you mention him keeping the truck if he bought the Mustang............. :dunno:

My boy just bought one actually.......... pretty badass car IMO................

4154.jpg