There goes a bunch of my friends and families jobs

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That sucks.  Was this a sudden outage due to COVID19?   Or has it been planned.

I think things were slowing down in the steel industry before the virus hit. Probably just pushed them over the edge.

Just in time for fishing opener.  They will get enough UI money to buy bait, beer, and gas.  Almost ideal situation for them.  The only harder time to get labor on the range is hunting season from Oct-Dec.

4 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Just in time for fishing opener.  They will get enough UI money to buy bait, beer, and gas.  Almost ideal situation for them.  The only harder time to get labor on the range is hunting season from Oct-Dec.

They are idling the plant indefinitely ....very good chance those jobs never come back

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

thought Trumps reign was going to be tremendous for blue collar america.  he was going to smack around those dirty commies and coal and steel were going to be strong.  

you called him a racist for it and he backed off, so technically it's your fault....

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

sucks to hear all this shit going south.  Terrible times for the foreseeable future.

DONT WORRY , STOCKS ARE ALMOST AT ALL TIME HIGHS !!!!  

29 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Prioritizing hunting and fishing over having a job? Hope none of those people are complaining about their lot in life. 

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Prioritizing hunting and fishing over having a job? Hope none of those people are complaining about their lot in life. 

Its sort of a tongue in cheek comment and I'm sure if they idle the plant permanently those folks will have an uncertain future.  But my experience and sort of general rule of thumb is getting contractors or work done in those two time frames is pretty hit and miss on the range.  They do prioritize those activities. 

I don't dislike Trump for his failures. I dislike him for his bragadociousness, his cutting people off, and his refusal to accept ANY responsibility for anything. The stress, and pressure of the Covid showed his true character. A fukkin EGO-BASTID punk. 

But hey, it's worked for him.