Mbrp header 1200 ski-doo

Oggy

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 8:57 PM, Puzzleboy said:

The MSVA doesn't mention decibels..... :)

MSVA.jpeg

18 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

But it does mention not removing or modifying anything that is required by MVSA.

...and those items are....... ??

51 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

The exhaust system.  Hey, I could care less what people modify (although if the sled is loud, I tell them to lose it). 

Me too. I hate loud sleds. I ran that header on my 1200, no sound change, as obviously it runs through the standard muffler so total stealth and non-detectable.  

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

Me too. I hate loud sleds. I ran that header on my 1200, no sound change, as obviously it runs through the standard muffler so total stealth and non-detectable.  

Was there a performance improvement? Or is it just hype. I'm thinking about getting one for my sled. Lots of used on Kijiji.

Yes there is, I needed to load the clutch a little after install. You won't believe the garbage stock manifold once you remove it.  Eventually I did the BMP muffler mod and PB80 and Cudney CR9 helix.  My 1200 ran with an 800 at top end. 

On 12/23/2016 at 10:51 AM, 2strokemerc said:

I see Cudney has two PB80 models. Over drive and non O/D. Which did you have? I'm going to ride my sled as-is this winter then probably go with the header clutches and reflash.

Standard drive and I didn't reflash at the time as neither were available. Talk to Bill Cudney 

Edited by Poncho

14 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

So why doesn't Doo put an equivalent header on at the factory, for such tangible gains? 

Same reason they don't put a better pipe on an ETEC 800 or a PB80 on a 1200 or run a better flash in the 1200 ECU.  It works fine stock and is reliable......the after market stuff is fun to play around with.  There are always ways to find more power in he stock stuff.....like your average Corvette, tons of junk the factory could do get some power out of it but they don't.