Does your state/prov have a speed limit?

On 11/14/2016 at 10:17 AM, Zambroski said:

That's what I thought.  Really 50kph?  Must be ungroomed trails?  Awfully slow speed even for old metal.

No, that is the stupid, ridicuolous law on any OFSC trail. Dumbest law on earth,  but supposedly it does keep the OFSC insurance rate down.  Imagine trying to keep the flipper on a 240 HP Cat at 1/8 throttle, on a perfectly groomed flat strait trail at 30 fukking miles per hour for miles on end ! We had to do that one afternoon for about 20 miles, cause supposedly the cops were out with the gun, but unfortunately, even after doing that, we never ran into ODOT1, so we could at least meet the only good cop out there. LOL

Wisconsin has a 55 MPH speed limit at night.  This was a temporary law about 5-6 years ago when Wisconsin had a record number of deaths and became law the following year.  We've been stopped once and received just a warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Mn dose and it is gay as fuck . That said I have never gotten a speed but I always ride  sweep . Every one I know has gotten a few. 

In mn if you get 3 in a yr you have to take snomobile safety training lol. Lucky for every one in my crew we all put time in every yr to a safety training class thrugh the club  so there is bo prob running to one of the instructors place to them to sign your card . That is if they are not there at the time lol .

My bud has gotten out of a lot of tix even the 2am kind because he has a huge like 10 in safety training instructor patch on his jacket . Cop will just give the old you know better 

• 2 weeks later...

People complain all the time about the speed limit in NH. They will give you until about 60 before yanking you. I lead a group of young guns this weekend around Pittsburg, told them if they want to go faster just pass me and wait at the next intersection but I am going no faster than 60. Thing is, I go 60 on the straights AND the corners. Starting the day they were all passing me on the straights WFO, no one got tickets, but after mid day and 120 miles they are DEAD and I'm waiting for them at every intersection! I actually had to slow my pace! I'm 50 years old and these kids are all late 20's, concrete workers, TOUGH GUYS LOL!

So if you think 60 is slow in NH, come riding with me! I don't stop for breaks very often and guess what, 60 mph is going to be pretty damn fast at 4:30PM! And I won't slow down!

In 30 years snowmobiling in NH I have only got one ticket and I deserved it. 

6 hours ago, jethro said:

People complain all the time about the speed limit in NH. They will give you until about 60 before yanking you. I lead a group of young guns this weekend around Pittsburg, told them if they want to go faster just pass me and wait at the next intersection but I am going no faster than 60. Thing is, I go 60 on the straights AND the corners. Starting the day they were all passing me on the straights WFO, no one got tickets, but after mid day and 120 miles they are DEAD and I'm waiting for them at every intersection! I actually had to slow my pace! I'm 50 years old and these kids are all late 20's, concrete workers, TOUGH GUYS LOL!

So if you think 60 is slow in NH, come riding with me! I don't stop for breaks very often and guess what, 60 mph is going to be pretty damn fast at 4:30PM! And I won't slow down!

In 30 years snowmobiling in NH I have only got one ticket and I deserved it. 

i had a few 80+ mph pulls sunday in Pittsburg/errol but for the most part the rising is in the 40-70 range.  I will agree that a steady 60 is very efficient in NH I just don't like the fact they are typically writing you were speeds are safe while ignoring corners.  In NH i could be very happy on the 650 i rented even riding with a group of guys on 850's,  in Maine not so much I'm just not that good of a rider to try to keep up on it even with 30k miles of riding.  

57 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i had a few 80+ mph pulls sunday in Pittsburg/errol but for the most part the rising is in the 40-70 range.  I will agree that a steady 60 is very efficient in NH I just don't like the fact they are typically writing you were speeds are safe while ignoring corners.  In NH i could be very happy on the 650 i rented even riding with a group of guys on 850's,  in Maine not so much I'm just not that good of a rider to try to keep up on it even with 30k miles of riding.  

You are so right, they always set up on the longest straight ever to maximize the manhours to revenue ratio! Should be in the corners looking for unsafe riders but whatever.