Trump Just Picked A White Supremacist As His Chief Policy Advisor

Trump Just Picked A White Supremacist As His Chief Policy Advisor

Posted on November 14, 2016

Donald Trump recently named prominent white nationalist Stephen Bannon, his former campaign chief, “chief strategist and senior counselor” of his White House team. The appointment represents an infiltration of white supremacism into the highest levels of government that has not been seen since the pre-civil rights era.

Despite Trump’s constant fantasies of collusion between the “mainstream media” and the Democratic Party, Bannon, who has been an integral part of Trump’s team all along, is the head of the far-right news site Breitbart.

Even worse than Trump’s co-optation of the fourth estate, however, is the character of the man he chose to do so. Bannon’s Breitbart has become, in his own words, “the platform for the alt-right,” the movement of far-right online white supremacy that has gained so much attention this campaign. Bannon is a prominent admirer of Richard Bertrand Spencer, the bigoted white ultranationalist who coined the term alt-right and has become somewhat of a sage for the movement while advocating “peaceful ethnic cleansing”. The Anti-Defamation league has called him “a symbol of the new white supremacy” and the SPLC labeled him “a suit-and-tie version of the white supremacists of old.” Bannon himself has reportedly said, rather paradoxically, that the only difference between himself and skinheads is “intelligence.”

Indeed the alt-right is a strange phenomenon. Driven by everything from racial hatred to sexual frustration, the amorphous online movement calls for ethnic cleansing to stave off a “white genocide,” believes liberals are engaged in a clandestine war to eradicate freedom of speech – which in their minds equates largely to freedom to harass women and insult minorities –  and grants equal ideological weight to the Syrian civil war (in which they support the genocidal Bashar al-Assad and his Russian backers) and internal video game politics.

Now, one of the leaders of this bigoted “new white supremacy” will literally be a leading figure in the White House. Even hardline conservatives like Glenn Beck and Ben Shapiro have denounced the white nationalism of Bannon and Spencer as “shot through with racism and anti-Semitism,” but a fundamental respect for human dignity no longer seems to be a prerequisite for occupying the highest office in the land.

Sure enough Trump’s election has been greeted with euphoria from white supremacists around the country, with endorsements coming pouring in from the KKK and other hate groups. Speaking of Trump, Spencer himself said “He’s fighting for us. He’s saying we’re going to be great again. We’re going to win again. And there’s this implicit identity to this. There’s this implicit nationalism. I think he’s evoking a lot of feelings amongst people, and I think implicit in what Donald Trump is doing is a conception of America as a European country.”

When such openly and proudly bigoted people are being chosen to run the country, it is no surprise that oppressed communities nationwide are genuinely frightened for their safety. The hundreds of hate crimes committed in the days since Trump’s election (an even worse increase than after 9/11) give an even stronger impetus to fight back against the agents of fascism that no longer lie dormant in the American body politic. We as a nation are truly entering new and dangerous territory, and we need to do everything we can to resist and stand up for human rights.

Another outstanding cut and paste from Occupy Democrats.  Thanks MC for sharing this with us.  But wait....shouldn't you be reading "Occupy Proud Independents", or have you decided not to even try anymore.

Ehh....just as well, we all know you.  GO HILLARY!  :lol:

Image result for bernie and Hillary

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Another outstanding cut and paste from Occupy Democrats.  Thanks MC for sharing this with us.  But wait....shouldn't you be reading "Occupy Proud Independents", or have you decided not to even try anymore.

Ehh....just as well, we all know you.  GO HILLARY!  :lol:

Image result for bernie and Hillary

You want to discuss the topic or are too afraid to?

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, Mainecat said:

You want to discuss the topic or are too afraid to?

I'm too afraid.  Your highlighted section was too frightening to me!  All highlighted in RED to be barely visible.  Somebody....please close my closet door!  :lol:

"The appointment represents an infiltration of white supremacism into the highest levels of government that has not been seen since the pre-civil rights era."

Ok....here, I'll discuss: What a load of bullshit.  Done.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'm too afraid.  Your highlighted section was too frightening to me!  All highlighted in RED to be barely visible.  Somebody....please close my closet door!  :lol:

"The appointment represents an infiltration of white supremacism into the highest levels of government that has not been seen since the pre-civil rights era."

Ok....here, I'll discuss: What a load of bullshit.  Done.

Just what I figured....you have nothing.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Just what I figured....you have nothing.

As usual, you want to argue a complete and utterly false op ed.  FFS understand that these same people telling you this are the same ones that pushed the ACA and told you clinton was going to win.  They also railroaded sanders and yet you still fall for the bullshit they are spewing.

I guess all those other labels the left tried to hang on Trump just didn't work. So let's go with white supremest. Yeah that's it, that's the ticket.

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol:

MC doesn't see the irony in his posts.  

Nope 

He is a blind partisan.

I listen to people go off on their wild rants and just think..............My God what have they done to you. :lmao:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oquossocbob said:

MC thinks of himself as alabaster with dark highlights.

Bob you dont throw gas on a fire. Appointing this hugely racist white supremacist as your chief policy advisor will only escalate rioting.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Bob you dont throw gas on a fire. Appointing this hugely racist white supremacist as your chief policy advisor will only escalate rioting.

There it is!  The "go-to" name for Dems!  Atta boy MC!

And please, escalate rioting.  Let's get a good and solid house cleaning going here.  Tell me, when will they move into residential areas....you know.....start preaching to a resistance?  Cowards.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Rioting.  :lmao:

ri·ot
ˈrīət/
verb
gerund or present participle: rioting
  1. take part in a violent public disturbance.
Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

This will escalate rioting, yet SOROS money never did that.  Protestors were given that money to calm down and go home.  LOL