Trump refuses presidential salary

Rod

I certainly don't expect this transition from a "status quo" Presidency to this one to be completely painless for America.  But I think things like this start to show some doubters what voting in somebody other than a career political lackey may bring to the nation.  A successful business team runs things much more efficiently and knows what it tales to grow and succeed.efficiently.  I honestly believe we're gonna see some great trade deals, some excellent paths for business to start and grow (and profit), and some companies to either suspend their plans to leave or maybe consider coming back (that's a tough one though).  I'm hoping we can maintain and even grow some numbers back into the manufacturing sector, union strangleholds will diminish even more than they already have and bring more opportunities to aspiring workers.

Ahhhh......private industry growth with real career, decent paying jobs....it's what the doctor ordered. :bc:

• Like 2

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Hope he ditches that fuel wasting carbon spewing 747 :nuts: 

Ya they should order up a more efficient and smaller plane.  No need for such a big and inefficient plane these days.  Trump maybe will give those boeing employees in south carolina an order once he is prez.

Isn't that 747 set up as a mobile office / command centre and not just transportation. Seems to me I saw something about it being intended to be able to be in essence the mobile White House. Maybe replace it with a twin engine Cesna.

As for comfort it's probably a step down from his own 747

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

Isn't that 747 set up as a mobile office / command centre and not just transportation. Seems to me I saw something about it being intended to be able to be in essence the mobile White House. Maybe replace it with a twin engine Cesna.

757 not 747

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

757 not 747

I was referring to Air Force 1... is that a 757 and not a 747? They look a lot alike. Both big ass jets either way you slice it. Didn't someone say Trump isn't successful... I will take that level of failure anytime.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

I was referring to Air Force 1... is that a 757 and not a 747? They look a lot alike. Both big ass jets either way you slice it.

Air Force 1 is a 747 like 1980 technology :guzzle:

You said step down from his own 747 that is what I was commenting on his is a 757 

Edited by Momorider

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

Yes.  That is a full on military command and control center with all the defenses built in accordingly with the guise of a commercial/private type charter. It is not going anywhere, anytime soon.  I couldn't imagine what it would take to fit a new plane.  Much better off retro-fitting this one.  I'd bet it will get used less under Trump than it did under Obama though....much less.  Something to watch for sure.

• Like 1