The two covid19 mindsets.

WHO- the disease is transmitted primarily through touching your face with you grubby paws. Proper hand washing will prevent the spread in most cases. The main concern is receiving a high viral load. WHO is downplaying the significance of an airborne threat unless you’re a healthcare worker. 

USA/CDC- the grubby paws AND airborne transmission is a major threat. Studies have shown that the virus can be suspended in the air. WHO says there’s not enough airborne particles to be a major threat unless working closely with patients that have high shed rates of the virus.  

take your pick. 

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

WHO- the disease is transmitted primarily through touching your face with you grubby paws. Proper hand washing and will prevent the spread in most cases. The main concern is receiving a high viral load. WHO is downplaying the significance of an airborne threat unless you’re a healthcare worker. 

USA/CDC- the grubby paws AND airborne transmission is a major threat. Studies have shown that the virus can be suspended in the air. WHO says there’s not enough airborne particles to be a major threat unless working closely with patients that have high shed rates of the virus.  

take your pick. 

Im hoping for the WHO version of how this virus spreads. 

I’d bet our tests are flawed as fuck and picking up simple cold symptoms and that’s why we are spiking.  Prolly by design.

This whole god damn thing is starting to stink to me.  Wife is flying out again on Wednesday.  Apparently, locking her in a tube with 300 other people and flying into a large metro area....then back again is perfectly safe but, we can’t go eat at our favorite burger joint and have a cold brew.

Long division I guess.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d bet our tests are flawed as fuck and picking up simple cold symptoms and that’s why we are spiking.  Prolly by design.

This whole god damn thing is starting to stink to me.  Wife is flying out again on Wednesday.  Apparently, locking her in a tube with 300 other people and flying into a large metro area....then back again is perfectly safe but, we can’t go eat at our favorite burger joint and have a cold brew.

Long division I guess.

Dude. There are way more false negatives than false positives. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. There are way more false negatives than false positives. 

In addition to the extra negro on the grassy knoll, I’m convinced there was one or two “peekers” under the manhole covers too.

Now, I’m starting to question the moon landing!!!!  Pretty sure the Earth is still round though.....or is it?

• USA Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

WHO- the disease is transmitted primarily through touching your face with you grubby paws. Proper hand washing will prevent the spread in most cases. The main concern is receiving a high viral load. WHO is downplaying the significance of an airborne threat unless you’re a healthcare worker. 

take your pick. 

So this would tell me that in the US we would be wearing masks more then the rest of the world due to it spreading airborne.  Funny how it’s the other way around right now. 

Edited by $poorsledder$

I’m curious why a high viral load would matter? I made the statement the other day that the amount of virus introduced into a body shouldn’t matter if actual contraction occurs. Maybe I’m off base

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m curious why a high viral load would matter? I made the statement the other day that the amount of virus introduced into a body shouldn’t matter if actual contraction occurs. Maybe I’m off base

High viral loads overwhelm the immune system. You’ve probably had numerous run in with flu viruses and never got it. One big fucking load in the face and your bukakkee on your ass for a week. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

High viral loads overwhelm the immune system. You’ve probably had numerous run in with flu viruses and never got it. One big fucking load in the face and your bukakkee on your ass for a week. 

Ewww.

Please rephrase.

To it having spread this quick in the US, I go with the CDC version unless the timeline is incorrect and was here earlier than many guess. Though I’d rarely agree with angry Ben, id say he is correct on the viral load.  I think more of it has to do with how your body handles it as an individual. I travel all the time and rarely get sick.  Scientifically unproven but I tend to think that if you are someone who is exposed to more crap out there while sitting in hotels, rental cars, airlines and restaurants,  that maybe your immune system does better around dirty shit than the average person that goes to their 9-to-5 job and comes back to their little bubble. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Crowder

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s just a guess. Not unlike my guess. It will be years before any factual info comes out on this.  Common sense. 

Edited by Crowder

Obviously if you are in close quarters with infected people there is a risk. Use your brain. Stay away from concentrations of people, especially indoors. And jerk off alot, I heard that helps. 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Obviously if you are in close quarters with infected people there is a risk. Use your brain. Stay away from concentrations of people, especially indoors. And jerk off alot, I heard that helps. 

Dr. Snacks approved!!! 

3 minutes ago, Crowder said:

That’s just a guess. Not unlike my guess. It will be years before any factual info comes out on this.  Common sense. 

For all the details to come in, yes. Some things about a virus will go unknown for years. 

10 minutes ago, Crowder said:

To it having spread this quick in the US, I go with the CDC version unless the timeline is incorrect and was here earlier than many guess. Though I’d rarely agree with angry Ben, id say he is correct on the viral load.  I think more of it has to do with how your body handles it as an individual. I travel all the time and rarely get sick.  Scientifically unproven but I tend to think that if you are someone who is exposed to more crap out there while sitting in hotels, rental cars, airlines and restaurants,  that maybe your immune system does better around dirty shit than the average person that goes to their 9-to-5 job and comes back to their little bubble. 🤷‍♂️

That fact that this virus lives so long on various surfaces and a person is contagious several days before becoming symptomatic give a lot of credence to the WHO theory. It’s also the opinion of a growing number of NYC ER docs. This is no different than other viruses. The body’s immune system recognizes the virus and tries to fight it. If it’s a small infection the body will fight it off with no or little symptoms. A large load will overwhelm the bodies defenses. 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That fact that this virus lives so long on various surfaces and a person is contagious several days before becoming symptomatic give a lot of credence to the WHO theory. It’s also the opinion of a growing number of NYC ER docs. This is no different than other viruses. The body’s immune system recognizes the virus and tries to fight it. If it’s a small infection the body will fight it off with no or little symptoms. A large load will overwhelm the bodies defenses. 

I don’t think that’s correct. It doesn’t matter how much aids or Ebola you are subjected to. Once it’s contracted it is an infection and the viral loading is many multiples of what the initial exposure may have been

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Long division I guess.

I would not bank on close to 300 people . my bud just flew back on Thursday from ft Myers to msp he said there were prob only 25 people on the jet 

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I would not bank on close to 300 people . my bud just flew back on Thursday from ft Myers to msp he said there were prob only 25 people on the jet 

She’ll be happy to hear it.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

In addition to the extra negro on the grassy knoll, I’m convinced there was one or two “peekers” under the manhole covers too.

Now, I’m starting to question the moon landing!!!!  Pretty sure the Earth is still round though.....or is it?

Funny you should mention the moon landing. I just watched a documentary on tv that questioned it also. They said it was probably faked in one of the USA desserts, that is isolated from the normal joe. I think it was called area 51, but ain,t sure. Kinda tough to trust any government, with all the fukkery that has went on in the past, and later proven to be false propaganda bullshit for the masses. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I don’t think that’s correct. It doesn’t matter how much aids or Ebola you are subjected to. Once it’s contracted it is an infection and the viral loading is many multiples of what the initial exposure may have been

Sure it is. The body’s response to many viruses comes in two parts. There’s an initial reaction in which we become symptomatic or sometimes silently symptomatic. That reaction slows the virus until a secondary reaction occurs. That secondary reaction is immunity. If the viral load is too great then the initial response is overwhelmed and can’t slow the replication fast enough. At that point there’s no adequate defense against other infections. Two things can happen, another viral or bacterial infection settles in and can help kill the person,  or the person dies from spiraling symptoms of the initial virus. It’s a race against time and the initial viral load plays a role in survival rates. 

As for aids, 10% of Europeans are immune to the disease. The same is probably true with Ebola. There’s probably countless people that were exposed to them and never got it. Either because of a natural freak immunity or a very low viral load. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Funny you should mention the moon landing. I just watched a documentary on tv that questioned it also. They said it was probably faked in one of the USA desserts, that is isolated from the normal joe. I think it was called area 51, but ain,t sure. Kinda tough to trust any government, with all the fukkery that has went on in the past, and later proven to be false propaganda bullshit for the masses. 

it they had a gocart on the moon so it had to be real 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Sure it is. The body’s response to many viruses comes in two parts. There’s an initial reaction in which we become symptomatic or sometimes silently symptomatic. That reaction slows the virus until a secondary reaction occurs. That secondary reaction is immunity. If the viral load is too great then the initial response is overwhelmed and can’t slow the replication fast enough. At that point there’s no adequate defense against other infections. Two things can happen, another viral or bacterial infection settles in and can help kill the person,  or the person dies from spiraling symptoms of the initial virus. It’s a race against time and the initial viral load plays a role in survival rates. 

As for aids, 10% of Europeans are immune to the disease. The same is probably true with Ebola. There’s probably countless people that were exposed to them and never got it. Either because of a natural freak immunity or a very low viral load. 

Again. That’s a guess. Scientifically unproven. 

Moon landing?  Go watch the documentary disputing the conspiracy. Makes sense. I met snd spent some time with “Buzz” many years ago. Cranky old fuck but I believe him. 

Edited by Crowder
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Crowder said:

I believe you are correct about more exposure , more antibodies.