'It can kill anyone': 'Perfectly healthy' Texas father-of-six, 44, dies from coronavirus just two days after he tested positive

Handsome family.

'It can kill anyone': 'Perfectly healthy' Texas father-of-six, 44, dies from coronavirus just two days after he tested positive

A 'perfectly healthy' father of six passed away just days after being diagnosed with coronavirus, causing his wife to warn 'it can happen to anyone'.  

Adolph Mendez, 44, was a kindergarten teacher in New Braunfels, Texas. 

After testing positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, his condition deteriorated rapidly and he died on Thursday just two days after receiving the diagnosis. 

On the day he died, Texas had 1,651 cases and 21 people had died. 

Mr Mendez, who was referred to fondly as T.J, tested positive for the virus on Tuesday after being tested last week, and passed away on Thursday at Ascension Seton Medical Center in Austin, from complications of the illness. 

He leaves behind his three daughters and three sons, and wife, Angela, who say Mendez was perfectly healthy prior to catching the virus. 

'You hear that the people who die are older, or have previous health conditions, but he was neither and the virus took him down hard,' Angela told the Herald Zeitung. 

'It can happen to anyone, it's not just a story that happens to people across the world. It's here and it's real and it can kill anyone, just like it did my husband.' 

One of his daughters, Brenda Johson, described her father as 'perfectly healthy'. 

She explained how his students had called him sticker man as he was known for giving out stickers every Sunday.  

'He loved his family so much. He was very involved in our community and our church,' she said. 

Pastor Ray Still of Oakwood Church paid tribute to Mr Mendez as a devout Christian. 'He loved his wife and children, his Lord and the Lord's church and served it faithfully. 

'He will be greatly missed. All the people of Oakwood Church grieve with his wife and children and their loss.' 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it-can-kill-anyone-perfectly-healthy-texas-father-of-six-44-dies-from-coronavirus-just-two-days-after-he-tested-positive/ar-BB11MQIg

a group of people posing for the camera: He leaves behind his three daughters and three sons, and wife, Angela, who say Mendez was perfectly healthy prior to catching the virus

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Influenza will do the same.

Sadly it will.   Also some people aren't as healthy as they think.  

No question there is a bad strain that is impacting people differently.  

Just now, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Vince only posts this for one reason.

He couldn't care less about the guy who died.

All the while he claims to be "essential" and keeping his people working.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

All the while he claims to be "essential" and keeping his people working.  

An EO was issued, contractually we are bound.

I can't nor would I force anyone to work if they didn't want to, quite frankly I would have no issue in shutting down our operations for a month or two.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Tom you know that I care about the man's family, it's a horribly sad story. Diagnosed and then two days later gone......damn.

About 3 yrs ago a dude up the street from me got what he thought was a cold. 2 days later his wife got it. 1 week later they were both dead. 3 kids from 12-19

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Tom you know that I care about the man's family, it's a horribly sad story. Diagnosed and then two days later gone......damn.

My swipe was at Big Fuse. 

I know you care Vince.  You are a good man.  I care about everyone going through this. Whether they’re fighting the virus or have a family member fighting the virus or they are being impacted financially like out of work or their retirement savings being wiped out. 

Everyone will be impacted by this and all of them/you/us/me will be changed by what happens over the next couple of months  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

About 3 yrs ago a dude up the street from me got what he thought was a cold. 2 days later his wife got it. 1 week later they were both dead. 3 kids from 12-19

Wow. That is pretty crazy.