'I'll be the oversight': Trump vows he will personally oversee $500 billion coronavirus slush fund

Trust the commander of business fail? Ah FUCK NO

'I'll be the oversight': Trump vows he will personally oversee $500 billion coronavirus slush fund

Source: RawStory

At his daily coronavirus press briefing, President Donald Trump was asked to justify the provision in the Republican stimulus bill that would grant his administration an unrestricted $500 billion slush fund to be distributed to any corporation imaginable with zero oversight or transparency. 

His response was that he would be the entire oversight of the program. 

Asked about the proposed provision in the relief package to allow Treasury to dole out money to companies as it sees fit, Trump says: "Look, I'll be the oversight. I'll be the oversight."

The $500 billion provision has been a massive sticking point for Senate Democrats, who claim it prioritizes giveaways to large businesses over meaningful help for workers, debtors, or the health care sector.

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/ill-be-the-oversight-trump-vows-he-will-personally-oversee-500-billion-coronavirus-slush-fund/  

Trump on GOP’s $500 Billion Slush Fund: ‘I’ll Be the Oversight’ 
Monday’s White House coronavirus press conference brought a slew of questions as reporters hoped to parse out why and when President Trump intends to lift the national social distancing measures and how the Republican stimulus bill would responsibly distribute a $500 billion corporate slush fund that currently allows for the Treasury Secretary to withhold the names of the businesses that receive bailout cash. 

Answering the first question, Trump suggested that an extended economic shutdown would result in more “death” than the spread of a virus that in best-case estimates would kill tens of thousands of Americans. Answering the question of who would provide accountability for the unrestricted distribution of half-a-trillion dollars, Trump’s response was even less promising: “I’ll be the oversight. I’ll be the oversight.” 
Source: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/trump-on-usd500-billion-slush-fund-ill-be-the-oversight.html 

Senate negotiators cite progress on coronavirus bill after day of drama and rancor 
Democratic concerns have focused on a $500 billion funding program Republicans want to create for loans and loan guarantees, with some Democrats calling it a "slush fund" that lacks any oversight because the Treasury Department would have broad discretion over who receives the money. Asked about this Monday evening, Trump responded, "I'll be the oversight." 
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/23/trump-coronavirus-senate-economic-stimulus/

25 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trust the commander of business fail? Ah FUCK NO

Source: RawStory

At his daily coronavirus press briefing, President Donald Trump was asked to justify the provision in the Republican stimulus bill that would grant his administration an unrestricted $500 billion slush fund to be distributed to any corporation imaginable with zero oversight or transparency. 

His response was that he would be the entire oversight of the program. 

Asked about the proposed provision in the relief package to allow Treasury to dole out money to companies as it sees fit, Trump says: "Look, I'll be the oversight. I'll be the oversight."

The $500 billion provision has been a massive sticking point for Senate Democrats, who claim it prioritizes giveaways to large businesses over meaningful help for workers, debtors, or the health care sector.

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/ill-be-the-oversight-trump-vows-he-will-personally-oversee-500-billion-coronavirus-slush-fund/  

Trump on GOP’s $500 Billion Slush Fund: ‘I’ll Be the Oversight’ 
Monday’s White House coronavirus press conference brought a slew of questions as reporters hoped to parse out why and when President Trump intends to lift the national social distancing measures and how the Republican stimulus bill would responsibly distribute a $500 billion corporate slush fund that currently allows for the Treasury Secretary to withhold the names of the businesses that receive bailout cash. 

Answering the first question, Trump suggested that an extended economic shutdown would result in more “death” than the spread of a virus that in best-case estimates would kill tens of thousands of Americans. Answering the question of who would provide accountability for the unrestricted distribution of half-a-trillion dollars, Trump’s response was even less promising: “I’ll be the oversight. I’ll be the oversight.” 
Source: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/trump-on-usd500-billion-slush-fund-ill-be-the-oversight.html 

Senate negotiators cite progress on coronavirus bill after day of drama and rancor 
Democratic concerns have focused on a $500 billion funding program Republicans want to create for loans and loan guarantees, with some Democrats calling it a "slush fund" that lacks any oversight because the Treasury Department would have broad discretion over who receives the money. Asked about this Monday evening, Trump responded, "I'll be the oversight." 
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/23/trump-coronavirus-senate-economic-stimulus/

He also said later it would be him and the treasury dept to insure things are done right.

You miss that?

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You miss that Trump controls the Treasury Chief.

How about the part about him taking some stock of companies that get money? You miss that part too?

Are you ok with all the pork the dems are adding to this bill? Why don’t you have a problem with that?

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There is the narrative change.

Yeah let’s let a 6 time bankrupt guy handle the 2 trillion.

I see you blew right by the post about all the pork the dems put in there. Good little partisan shill you are. Attaboy.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Anler said:

At this point I trust Trump more than congress. At least we know who to blame, he is stepping up and taking ownership.

Congress has clearly shown that are absolutely fucking useless...holy fuck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

How about the part about him taking some stock of companies that get money? You miss that part too?

Are you ok with all the pork the dems are adding to this bill? Why don’t you have a problem with that?

because no one has told him to be angery about that .

again I say fuck all this bull shit . let the chips fall where they may 

If ever there was a walking case study of why one should need to pass a basic test of comprehension and understanding of political positions in order to vote, it is unquestionably MC.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If ever there was a walking case study of why one should need to pass a basic test of comprehension and understanding of political positions in order to vote, it is unquestionably MC.

Stay on topic moron.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Ah no.

lol so you really think any of theses multi trillion dollar deals are made with out approval from the likes of 

Goldman Rockefellers, Lehmans or the Rothschilds . or do you think the federal reserve is really run by Congress and owned by we  the people ?